• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Forums > Social Chat > Stopping the Swearing - how to do it?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:Whhile I wouldn't say I swear like a trooper, I do swear quite a bit. And I want to try and stop it for next year. I also want to try and stop the blasphemy as well!

Any ideas people have about the best way to do this? I can't afford a 'swear jar' or anything like that, cos I'm saving for next year and I need all the money I can keep!

thanks!
hug

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:Jon, I was listening to the radio the other week and someone had that python thingo and put a backing on it! it was so funny!

I notice that I swear depending on who I'm with, but I feel that if I'm going to be teaching, then I'd better watch myself! But usually I am in agreement that they are just words, so get over them!

So far I'm just thinking before I speak a bit more and replacing a swear word with something a bit less harsh.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

MEERCAT
BRONZE Member since May 2002

MEERCAT

A Meerkat that eats chicken

Total posts: 194
Posted:
there is nothing wrong with swering its a human right why change to please others thats what i say anyway hell i will do it now actually i will get this post cancelled and that would be anoying so ere it gos censored censored censored censored like a donkey wink

Delete

Gidg
BRONZE Member since Apr 2003

Gidg

Super Gidg!!!!

Total posts: 8506
Posted:ubblol Nice of you to notice PyroWill ... rolleyes

Not only do I post in other places besides Intros I've even started a thread or two that are NOT in Intro. nana

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

Delete

MiG
GOLD Member since Apr 2004

MiG

Self-Flagellation Expert

Total posts: 3415
Posted:i swear enough to make an english longbowman proud. because they're just words. we need to reclaim those words back from the taboo list, and get the stodgy old people to accept it :P

why should funk be less offensive than [censored]? why should [censored] be any more evil than ship? if its the meaning, then surely sex, poontang, bog, dump, poo and drop a smelly one should all be seen as bad as well, shouldnt they?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Delete

Tomm

Total posts: 39
Posted:Yeah but F*CK is the most versatile word in the English language. It can be used to describe the act of procreation (F*CK); as an instruction ('F*CK off'); an as intensifier ('this is F*CKING terrible'); to describe a person you don't like, or describe a person partaking in procreation (F*CKER)

and many others i'm sure but my stoned brain has run out of steam: any other suggestions for meanings of the word??

Check t'ya bongall rass klan - Eh!
(chilltheworldout)
Lyreecalbombstylee...

Delete

teejay_blue

teejay_blue

mikes bitch

Total posts: 387
Posted:Written by: Rouge Dragon

but I feel that if I'm going to be teaching, then I'd better watch myself!

i used to be a childrens instructor n i had real trouble watchin wot i was sayin. it sucked! words that arnt meant to be sed in front of children just kept poppin out!!! quite bad really redface

i agree with the bringin bk the taboo words tho!!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

Delete

Tomm

Total posts: 39
Posted:OH man someone already came up with a much more comprhensive list of meanings than me... makes me look pretty stupid really... (told u i was stoned)

Check t'ya bongall rass klan - Eh!
(chilltheworldout)
Lyreecalbombstylee...

Delete

teejay_blue

teejay_blue

mikes bitch

Total posts: 387
Posted:hehe lolsign

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

Delete

Dr_Molly

Dr_Molly

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2354
Posted:monty python had a song as well:
"I bet you they won't play this song on the radio"

"I bet you they won't play this song on the radio,
I bet you they won't play this new $%^& song.
It's not that it's %$(* or #$*&^&* controversial
It's just that the @*%$ing words are awfully strong.

You can't say ^&*@ on the radio,
Or $@#! or ^&*% or 4*%*
You can't even say I'd like to ?:"* you someday
Unless you're a doctor with a really large ~!*%

So I bet you they won't play this song on the radio
I bet you they don't *&%$ing well program it.
I bet you those &*(#ing old program directors
Will think it's a load of horse $&!#"

what naughty men

but for Rouge,
I think consciously correcting yourself every time you slip up would help
that and having other words to say with great venom
like HONK
my favourite when driving smile

Delete

Moohaahaa
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

Moohaahaa

enthusiast

Total posts: 382
Posted:I had a strange experience with swearing recently.

I do swear quite regularly, but only with company who don't mind.
Then my flatmates dad came round my house. Suddenly, my vocabulary became extremely limited. The only way I could accent anything was by placing an f-word prefix or suffix. This was fairly problematic, and the more I thought about it, the more I swore.
I had to appologise, but I don't think his dad was in any way offended. I just felt rather stupid. I think it must be my parents who would tell me swearing is just lazy use of language.

There are so many words in the English language, that if you have to use wearing to make a point then your probably just not very clever.

Anyway, in the end, we all ate pizza, and I refered to it with less offensive phrases, and most parties involved lived happily ever after.

Apart from my flatmat, who's leg is still in plaster.

Silly c*&#

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

Delete

Page: 12