Forums > Social Discussion > Whirlwind tour of SE Asia-Yay, back to the sun!

Login/Join to Participate

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
Hello Peeps,

I'm escaping the rain and the drizzle of London for the sunnier climes of SE Asia. I'll be heading to Thailand first, and then Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam after Xmas.

If there are gonna be any spinners in the area (no twirlers though unless it's batons wink , and I hope to God i meet some. ) let me know so we can meet up and have a play/drink/smoke etc etc.

(s)Luke

Ninjas NEVER give up!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Bah, lucky sod biggrin

I'm heading back that way next year... argh, it's too long to wait!!

Getting to the other side smile

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hi there Luke
When are you heading out?
Im off to Thailand on Tuesday, heading over to Cambodia, hopefully hook-up with a Circus there (hopefully!!) and then staying somewhere lush, for Xmas and New Year, the off to the Myanmar border to do some Circus workshops with the Karem Tribe. then over land to Bali to fly to NZ in Feb ---woo, that sounds wickeder evrytime I think it!!
So be in touch. I have freinds and acquatantancies (? - whatevr they are!!) also, so you'll find some people to play with
PM me and we'll swap emails

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
there is some chance I may be in thailand at the end of january, but I guess I'll miss you...

PoiBox lives there some of the year and is a great guy. But I think he won't be back in bangkok till after xmas...

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
not so sure vanize, i have no solid plans so i might be there at the end of jan, probably geiing my visa for cambodia sorted out smile. Keep me informed if you do come out i'd be cool to meet other HOPers Yeah i met poibox last year there but he back in Germany now frown .

Ninjas NEVER give up!

TheGurunewbie
19 posts

Posted:
I'm going to Thailand over Christmas nad new year, 3 weeks or so depending on what they say at my new job. I'll be hopping the islands on the west coast. No time to make it back to Koh Phan Ngan this trip frown

wave

Swedish fire twirler from Stockholm

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
when ur on the west coast make sure you go to Ko Jum, it;s between the mainland and Ko Lanta. They haev teh best bungalows there, one is supported by four ropes tried to trees so it's suspended in mid air!

Ninjas NEVER give up!

tau neutrinoPLATINUM Member
35 posts

Posted:
pretty much anyone who travels throgh south east asia makes a stop in singapore. So . Just to let you guys know. There are a bunch of spinners in singapore. yes its true! so drop me a line or something. i have been trying to add meself to the meet people thing.. but i havent been succesful. So singapore anyone?

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
YT!

I was in SE Asia a couple of years ago and had a blast. There's a California spinner who's trying to get a good group of spinners to meet up in Ko Phan Ngan in January. I think it's a bit short notice for most of us, but if you're headed in that direction, you might want to check it out. I'll see if I can find the information... I bet those kids in Bangkok must be amazing spinners by now, with all the talent travelling through there.

Orbit

PS - Great meeting you at Spitz! Look in the Monkey Efficiency thread in Videos... I've linked to a video that I took with you in it...

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
luckily i put the trip off till after xmas otherwise i would have been in the tsunami zone eek

so anyone left since i talked about this last? always looking for new peeps to spin with.

s-luke

Ninjas NEVER give up!