Forums > Help! > cone poi instructions.........

Login/Join to Participate

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I searched and searched loads of different words but came up with nothing, so can someone please direct me to some cone poi making instructions? I remember seeing a link aaaaages ago to some really nice ones (maybe from Dom?) but I can't find it frown

The first person to post a decent link wins a special prize wink kiss

Let's relight this forum ubblove

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Keep the prize wink

[Old link]

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
That's the one...magic hug

Are you sure you don't want the special prize? smile

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Donate it to charity wink biggrin

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Or set fire to it and put it in my mouth.

smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hmmmm they are lovely, im going to make some!

and dunc, no offence but how hard is i to make a cone from fabric?

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I know it's isn't hard tongue but if someone has already done it, overcome any unforseen problems and then published instructions who am I to argue eh! And I thought you already had cone poi Step? What's wrong with yours?

And I would donate it to charity but how would I donate a kiss to charity? Although the idea of sticking in Jons mouth is quite inviting wink

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Go kiss a tramp. Go on. It's my prize and that's what I want to do with it.

ubblol

Thoreau

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
bug i have some cone poi...infact i hve[nx?] cone poi, which are bloody loverly, but im always after new toys, and mew poi, like yourself, you have one set of socks how come yu need two?

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: nearly_all_gone

Keep the prize

I'm sorry the above statement means you have reliquished all ownership rights to said prize, all claims are null and void tongue the prive may (or may not) have already been donated to a worthy cause wink

Step, cones are not socks, and I have two sets of socks, my lovely glowy pair wot I luv lots and my contact pair wot I luv just as much. But I have ideas for the cone poi that I haven't seen before, secret ideas involving something you're already buring for me but you can't mention it or I'll bash you like this spank

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I bet ol' Flashin' Pete loved his kiss. You're a good man Dunc. A better man than some.

Thoreau

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
well I've never been fussy wink ubblol

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
To be honest my Cones are more like socks - cuz I cant be bothered to loadsa hassley cutting and too much sewing!!
Instead of making a draw string for mine I left a wee ball sized hole some of the way up from the end which is un-noticable whilst spinning but means I have 4 juggling balls to play with and a pair of socks and these unstreachable flouro Performance Poi to use whilst im away - HaHaha - the knowledge and wisdom that comes from constant travelling!! and the worry that my rucksack will be3/4 full with juggling kit!!!!
So Dunc - I have no esoteric methods of cone-ership. But do let me know what secret societies your'e creating!!
Thanks for trying on the Van front too Bud - I think i have somewhere to store it in Bristol for £2 a week - whcih is abit of a result and a massive weight off.
Hope to c u on Sunday in Briz?
Peas out 2 all

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Glad you found somewhere mate, that really is a bargain. I got a garage for my stuff and it costs me £5 a week and it's shite!

Not in Bristol on sunday, but I just read they're there Saturday on college green but no doubt you saw that in the Brizzol Fire thread.

That's a cool idea for the hole in the middle,it seems so obvious now! Nice little slit, some clean seams and sorted, could be useful for a mini meteor design too wink especially with what I've got in mind.

Enjoy your travels my friend, hope to see you next year sometime smile