MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
So I think I found a way to create an isolation type effect on long arm circles. Im talking just long arm circles at your side in split time same direction for now (as its the only way Ive tried).

What I do is forward circles, then when my left hand is reaching 12 o'clock and my right is reaching 6, I do a 'waterfall isolation' or anti-spin type movement that makes them jump straight across to the opposing side. So now my right hand is at 12 and my left is at 6. In effect, each arm is doing only 1/2 a circle.

This makes it look sorta like youre isolating a longarm spin. Its not a full isolation of course because you only isolate for 1/2 a circle but its a good pattern if you can do nicely. Im sure there are turn possibilities as well as butterfly patterns but I havent really had much chance to try em out.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
You can isolate a single poi around the other arm when that's doing a straight-arm move - if I remember correctly you start with the hand at your shoulder, move it down the arm, under at the elbow and back up to the shoulder to get an isolation.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i think we had a fairly long discussion about these on PIP a while back. i practised them for a while as did dom, but i certainly haven't kept it up :sad:

*off to check*

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
here

in fact Icon, you were around for that disussion and it didn't get very far...

might have to go for a play...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i thought you were gonna say you could isolate the arm/poi system keeping it all inline, by moving your shoulder round in a circle much like a hand dose when just isolating normally. im glad you didnt say that ubbloco
EDITED_BY: oli (1101235666)

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ick. Im embarassed to go back and read some of my replies in that post. I was so dumb back then smile

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Has anyone seen the long arm isolations in COL5? Very nice smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Icon - are those 'head' isolations, where the centre of rotation is the head of the poi, or normal isolations where the centre of rotation is the middle of the poi?

also 'waterfall' isolations? anybody?
Written by: Nx?

waterfall isolations (isolations that spit one up one down, together, then the opposite poi up and down)

aren't those just butterfly isolations? That doesn't fit with what you're saying though. i feel i'm missing something here...

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
They're normal isolations with the center being the chain.

As far as waterfall isolations go, its kinda hard to describe and I only used the term "waterfall" because thats what Ive heard them refered to as before. So instead of me writing for 20 mins something you probably still wont be able to understand, just download Oli's Not a Sock In Sight video. He does 2 of em about 45 seconds in.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me