• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Pictures required for journal article that I am publishing on poi

Login/Join to Participate

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1000
Posted:Can anyone help Jenn?

Written by:
I was wondering if any of your web readers would be interested in submitting photos to us. If accepted, the publishers will require that we submit high quality photos. Rather than putting in images of ourselves, we thought that it might be nice to add some photos of serious poi people!

Is there any chance that you can put a call on your website? What we are looking for is a couple of images that show poi in action, and the name of the pattern (if any) that the person is doing in the photo.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Jenn

Please contact Jenn via her email
J E N N B O T @ G M A I L dot C O M

"May your balls always burn"

Delete Topic

Mint Sauce
BRONZE Member since Sep 2003

veteran

Total posts: 1453
Posted:how did this pann out i would love to know if any hoppers got there picks published

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Delete

flash fire
BRONZE Member since Jan 2001

flash fire

Sporadically Prodigal

Total posts: 2758
Posted:meh. poi poi poi. it's all I ever hear about. wink

What about us staffers!? We look good in pics too!!! smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:Hello Malcolm and welcome to HoP!

Unfortunately, you've posted in the "Events and Gatherings" section which isn't as trafficed as the "Social Chat" section and is designed to "Discuss public events and performances listed in the sites events calendar." I'd bet you'd get a better response if you posted in the appropriate forum.

Thanks for helping us keep HoP tidy.

ubbangel

[Kidding! Sarcastic! Joking! Love! Don't hate me! Ahh! Stop kicking me! Mom! Malcolm's kicking me again!!! Ahhhhgg!]

Sorry... on a serious note, where would this be published? I would offer mine but don't really trust things like this as they are often misused and always always misquoted.

Plus there's the whole "my kids finding out" factor.

hug
NYC

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:Written by: flash fire

What about us staffers!? We look good in pics too!!! smile

True. Staffers are hot. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1000
Posted:Written by:
Unfortunately, you've posted in the "Events and Gatherings" section which isn't as trafficed as the "Social Chat" section and is designed to "Discuss public events and performances listed in the sites events calendar." I'd bet you'd get a better response if you posted in the appropriate forum.

Thanks for helping us keep HoP tidy.

Sorry. You are right. hug

"May your balls always burn"

Delete