Page:
KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Just my random mixed thoughts.... i put them in catagories. and i want ur opinions!

***Typhical U.S.A. Names***
Mathew
Michael
Darren
Damon
Ricky
Taylor

Kylie
Alexia

------------------------------------------------

***Typhical Names- but not US***

Cian
Cormac
Cedric
Kieran
Rory
Bran
Maddoc- or is this even a tad obscure overseas?

Marisabel

***Weirder Names***

Pikaboo
Jexy
Thunder
Starski

*** Names = not really for humans***

Better Living Through Butter
Another Metal Ball
Catch Me Peeking
Mr. Bullsh-t
Da Da Da Da Batman

*note i actually know horses with most of those names- just thought i'd explain where they came from*

[ 22 July 2002, 14:15: Message edited by: Kyrian ]

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Hey Kyrian...Just read our old private messages,
how about SBAC for a typical name? or maybe CAMF?

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol, yeah that's sure typhical hehehe

miss talkin w/ya email me some time

*hugs*

Kyri

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I have a friend who is getting his name legaly changed to 'Toast'.

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I heard on the news a few years ago that a judge in France made it illegal to call your child Telephone.

None of your typical names (not usa) are particularly typical. I think you just listed Irish boys you've heard of.

Maddoc is Welsh and, I was under the impression, a surname.

Meh

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Welsh??? dont they make grape juice?

wait a minute...is the name C@ntus really spelled with an @? or is that just typical of welshish people???

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Neitehr Bran nor Maddoc is Irish. and maddoc is the first name of a character from a myth, but coudl well be a surname now.

and i know more than one cormac and i live in america! Plus my stepmum knows four Kierans. So, some ok, mebbe not common common, but there are people with the really cool irish names.....

Marisabel might be a touch obscure too, but it's a pretty name.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Kaos I am not Welsh. I'm English. Please refrain from calling me thusly. It's not particularly funny.

The Welsh are the indiginous peoples of Wales (which is a country before you make another smart alec remark).

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
4 is still not typical.

I think Nial is a cool name. Liam is a good irish name too.

There's a girl in a myth i read called Guiweneth. I thought was a pretty name.

I like Mo Chailin Rua as well. But, unfortunately, mo cailin doesn't have red hair. So that's no good.

Meh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Jade and Ryan have always been my favorite two names.

(thus why some people call me ryan in real life)

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Kylie isn't American... I don't think, anyway. It's a VERY Australian name (it's my name, btw!). I've had people from the states not even know whether it's a boy's or a girl's name until they've spoken to me.

It's becoming more popular in Britain because of a certain singer. It's weird to hear mothers talking to their 8 and 10 year old Kylie's on the tube!!

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
on the Kylie note, when i was in primary school, there were six kylies in my class and two jasons...

hmm i wonder why...

"thats why good...."

ARGH!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
well not about names but in a staff class of 8 people (9 with Mr. Teacher) we have:

2 moniques
2 kellys (ones me )
and if that isnt enough
2 daves...

Funny cause its one of the first times I've met another kelly although the name is apparently popular...

I like greek names:
Nickolaus
Giorgious
etc.. (yep actually spelled like that)

brasilian names are pretty too:
Flor (flower, also a spanish or latin american name)
Ane (pronounced a(low sound) nee)
Rita (RrrrIta)
etc...

Much love, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I particularly like the name Rory too. Pretty fortunate really since that's what my parents called me
Apparently, just before I was born, there was a trooping of the colour type thing on TV and someone mentioned that one of the people the camera was focused on was called Rory.
So, purely because my parents were watching TV at that moment, that's what I was called.

My personal favourites are Bentley, Dexter and Robyn, for no real reason other than I think they sound cool

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Kylie is in fact now a typhical American name, altho i won't argue that it came from Australia. tho i know one or two older Kylie's, the number of kids 0-2 named Kylie is just sickening....

I hate liking popular names.

Oh, and Jade and Dexter are both cool names... *adds to mental lists*

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
So what do you guys think of the name "Vern?"

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I know a really cool guy named vern.....

does that help?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
heee!...

I used to go out with a Norwegian guy named Nikolai.
Met someone in Greece called Niktarious. Thought those names were pretty cool.
Always thought the name Wesley Snipes was fukin cool,.. in a kick-ass-action-movie kinda way.

HoOHaAH! Still wouldn't have a clue what to call my children if I had any though...

Az abouve, So below...

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
*pipes up in the background*

I named one of my sons Jaali and the other Neo.

I always like different names that aren't too common like Amalita or Torquil.

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
lol, my boyf is called edd and his best friend is also called ed, hence army style surname shouting!

my name is boring as hell and since my brother chose my favourite name for his ickle girl (megan) i'm content to call my first born Nianya (pr. Neee annn yah)

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
michael is just so common in the states. i must know at least a dozen. that is why everyone calls me pozee. it just fits, not sure how, but it does.

anyone got a light?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ohh come on every body and their brother is named Scott!! hehe well atleast in America! The sad part is, is that there are no real American names, they all originated from somwhere else. *shrugs* ehh copy cats for life

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
cool names from my family...

arashi (that one's the best, IMHO)
cedar maelstrom (an old one of mine)
haephestus (another old one of mine, yeah yeah)
elechai (my little bro/son/fledgling)
ferrin
emaree
sage
zarah
baruseula
mila
katelyn
terryn
megaha
violet
blue
seven
wow there's just too many i'll stop there!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
My family all have normal names, except we have one strange trend. We have this "J" thing going.

My mother is Joyce, my grandmother is Josephine, my aunt is Judy, my cousin is Joan, another cousin is Jocelyn. To make things even more interesting, Joan is married to John and they have a son, Jake. And then, my sister Nancy is married to Jeff and my sister Susie's son is named Jeff.

It's wierd...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by arashi:
cool names from my family...

arashi
sage

Arashi, what is the story behind your name?

Sage is an interesting name. Every single Sage I've ever met or even heard about is a hippie chick (or some other part of the counter-culture). I've never met, say, a corporate attorney named Sage. It's strange...

-Mike

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
My fav boy names are Tristan, Trent, Zachery, Jaden, and don't laugh...Ivor
And for girls: Emma, Krista, Krystal, Arielle, and Sophia

Dromepixie - nice to meet another Kelly!

And why is it that every one from the UK has something against the Welsh? I have heard some terrible nicknames/jokes (well, I have to admit, some were pretty amusing ). What if I said I was Welsh? Because I am, but I was born in the States. I'm Welsh on my Dad's side and American Indian (Cherokee) on my Mom's side. And I'm proud of my heritage!

Just my 2 cents!

peace & luv
cage

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
i knew someone at school called Hector Jolly Horseborough Peebles.

poor sod.

wherever you go, there you are.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
The thing with names ( In the English speaking world) is you get the traditional names which have been around for the longest time. Such as Matthew, John, Victoria, Deborah, David and Mary. Then you get the new trendy names such as (in the Uk anyway) Courtney, Kayleigh and Kylie ( about 13 years ago), Shireen, Kyle and Ashley etc. Then there are the sense of humour names, I once knew a girl called Teresa Green and another one called Holly Berry. Finally there are the names that only cruel or really dumb people call their kids I know a kid called Layby, another called Nosmo King and a guy called Mike hunt.

quote:
Originally posted by Cage:And why is it that every one from the UK has something against the Welsh?[/QB]
Cage I disagree with that statement, what makes you think that?. I am from the UK and I have nothing against the Welsh, in fact one of my oldest friends is Welsh. I don't think C@ntus said anything against the Welsh just that he wasn't.

Onelove, Thistlefirepixie

Are we nearly there yet?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Lucky me, I got stuck with "Michael," the single most popular male name in the English-speaking world.

Everywhere I go, I hear mothers going "Michael! Michael!" in the same tone that my mother uses on me when I'm in trouble. And I look like an ostritch or something constantly looking around to see what I did this time...

The best one so far was when I was working as a lifeguard at a country club. One of the members asked me if I had "had a BM today" (taken a dump). Then I turned around and saw her 8-year-old son standing behind me, also named Michael. Not that I'd ask my child that question in public, be he 8 or 18, anyways...

-Mike

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
it is sad how many michael's there are. at teh high school i went to in MI, there were 12 michael's in my grade (two in fact were named michael anderson and were in my freshman science class. the teacher got over it. the substitutes never did.) in adition, there were about a million other michael's in the other three grades any given year.... my mike friends are seldom called just "mike" usually we call them by their last names or some otehr nickname they picked up along the way... it's still a cool name though. i can picture using it as a middle name for a kid of mine someday.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
No, no, no, stop using "Michael!" Use something different, like "Daniel."

I think we need to pass a law where the most common name from the last calendar is prohibited for all babies born this calendar year.

My nickname was "Ginny" (hence my screenname) as in "GinnyPig" (hard "G"). That's a rip off my last name, which is Ginsberg (yes, I am a distant relative of Allan Ginsberg...no I never met the man).

And much to my surprise, there are a number of Michael Ginsbergs out there. There were two at Stanford (myself and another guy) for two years. I kept getting his E-mail and phone calls. Like a frantic call from some girlfriend of his at 3 AM...

-Mike

Page: