Page: ...
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by C@ntus:
i'm planning to contribute to the cheer Pele spirit cause with the only thing i can give. Some of my artwork.

It's not much but it's really all i can give right now.

C@ntus

What do you mean its not much?!!? After seeing your work C@ntus I believe that it will truely lift Peles spirit... You are a fantastic artist and I think that your picture will mean a great deal to Pele.. Dont be so hard on yourself.
tee hee... tis ok for marines to hug, Raymond

[ 11 August 2002, 10:20: Message edited by: Valura ]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
It may be okay for marines to hug Raymond, but Raymond himself can only do the macho pat on the back thing...

(I think you may want to go back and add a comma, valura )

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
lol... Im an ass... nice spotting Rozi, comma added, sentance now making sense, my work here is done.
Mentally sends Pele another angel to hold her hand

[ 11 August 2002, 10:24: Message edited by: Valura ]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
*mentally sends the cute little devil that has lately been occupying Rozi's mind to do a funny little booty-shaking dance on the end of pele's bed*

Pele, take care sweety. Smile, rest well & grow strong

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Hoping for Pele's speedy recovery are Matt and Fi in Broome North West Aus. Keep your spirits up and it'll happen for you.

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I am starting to see a trend develope here, people are getting dumber!! Ray is good, Raymund is good, Raymond is bad

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
Pele dude, wishing you a swift and painless recovery. We miss ya here already so come back. We need a good lass to keep Malcom and Charles in check Jokes take care hold ya head up high and I hope to see ya posting here again soon.

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Was very sad to hear about Pele. Although I dont know her personally, I have found her input her on H.O.P very inspiring and I know she will be sadly missed while she is recovering. It was beautiful to read all the msgs on here to Pele and I am sure they will have helped her knowing there are so many people who are sending their thoughts and love at this difficult time.
Love, hugs and healing vibes sent to you and your family

I came across this on a Pagan site and thought u might like it

TO PELE

Flame of Pele burning bright
Ignite in me your fire tonight.
Forge a space within my soul
Where power and inspiration flow.

And from that source a light divine
Shall illumine every breathe of mine.
Your radiating power will find
My life-force with your fire entwined

https://paganpoetry.tripod.com

Be strong Fire Goddess

Much Luv Angie

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

Zoharmember
11 posts

Posted:
Just want to wish Pele the quickest recovery possible!!!
it's really great seeing everybody being this supportive!

Zohar

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
Uh, Pele i'm really hope you get to feel better. Uh here is a short poem that helped me get through my trauma when my PAPA died. I don't know who wrote it, but my mother told it to me when i was 7. It goes:
Open your eyes,see all the love in me, I got enough for ever. Don't be afraid, take all you need and we'll be strong together.....
if any body knows who wrote this write me back.
Sincerly,
The Fire Demon. (this is free to use when you want to by anybody)

2,905 posts

Posted:
I am gone for a day and this topic falls to the second page!!! Heck no

bump!!

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Dude, PWB? Any update on how Pele's doing?

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
yeah is she okay, is she felling okay?

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Pele, I just wanted to say again that I hope you're feeling better...haven't heard any news for quite some time time and it's kind of worrisome...
get better soon!

2,905 posts

Posted:
That is good news, let us all keep her and Matt in our thoughts.

caniffisSILVER Member
60 posts

Posted:
Hope that you get well soon,
a sad reminder that our fun is created because of the danger it poses to use, and that we escape it when we play. but the universe will always catch you at some point, its just a matter of when!!
watch out guys and girls!!
Get well soon Pele good luke, don't forget though that fear is the enamy that will ride you if you do not face it. what i have said before should not discorage the artform merly make it safer!!
Best wishes

What you don't know won't hurt you? well i intend to get to know as much as possible so that i can make sure no one else has to so they carn't get hurt.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry for not updating all of you more often. I've been trying to keep up on her contacts but she knows a lot of people.

I went to visit her about an hour after I emailed Malcolm the above update.
She is now off the ventilator and on just oxygen. We hope she'll be out of the ICU early next week. She is still using the trachea hole to breath through as it allows them to better deal with any fluids that develop.
She is on anti-biotics, her fever is down. She has a tube going through her back into her lung (she says that one hurts) that is supposed to help drain fluid. She has physical therapy work for her legs and arms. She can stand for a little bit now on her own, but it's tiring. She hadn't stood for about 3 weeks before attempting to. She also is able to shower every other day now, before she was sponge bathed.

We have hopes for a few more weeks and I'll do my best to keep you all posted. I'm glad Malcolm emailed me and asked. I hope he doesn't think he's being a pest as he's not. It's very nice to know that you're all thinking of her and I pass this along when I visit.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

2,905 posts

Posted:
That is good to hear!! PWB I hope your printing off all the topics so she knows what all is happening, but then again if your doing that we might as well take up a toner and paper collection

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
That is fantastic news... Keep praying and sending healing thoughts HOP's its got to be helping Pele... lots of love sent out every night from my healing book here in Brissie, for ya Pele...

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
This is from Pele herself:

quote:

Dear Home of Poi

First of all, thank you. The get well thread was printed for me and the outpouring of love has really touched me. Thanks to those who took the time to send cards, I have received many here at the hopital and as I grow stronger I enjoy them more.

The update... my injury was classified as life threatening. I've spent 4 weeks in intensive care unit. I don't remember 2 weeks at all. I am expected to spend a couple weeks down here in the regular ward before I am released. By the time I get out it will be almost 2 months in the hospital! I hate every moment!

Anyway, as Prome said, I did a fire breath and inhaled lamp oil when the wind shifted. The effects were instant though. Coughing and vomitting, I knew I was in trouble but I never expected this!

I have a traech collar. A hole in my throat with a tube to help me breathe and a valve to help me speak. I got to eat for the first time yesterday. Jello only. I also get juice now, which is great after weeks of nothing.

I am getting stronger and expect to be back bugging all of you in a few weeks myself! Many thanks and much love!

Pele

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yay!!! *hugs PWB* this is great news!!

*realises that he isnt being macho and returns to his usuall bad arse selfimage thingy*

I am glad to hear that she is eating and drinking again!! That just makes my day, well what is left of it it will also make my tomorrow too!! ohh me happy now!!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hey, awesome to hear from pele!

tell her hi of course, and stillmor ehealing vibes being sent her way from me!

peace & love, kyri

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Also BUMPED, for fire breathing issues in social discussion.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks PK. I will move it to social dis.

Wow.

Wow.Wow.Wow.

I just sat and read the entire thing and am currently here balling my eyes out.

What I put my family through, my body through, my friends through, HoP (who also qualitfy as my friends) through.......

If I had have known then what I know now, there is no way I would have done that show.

Funnily enough, I still favor fruit over everything else to this day. lol

And as I have said before the after effects of the accident were far beyond the hospital time, on my home, my finances, legal issues, and my body will never fully recover in some areas.

It was good to read, even now, I still feel that love from everyone.
And I am still soooooo grateful to everyone for their cards (I still have them) and for the outpouring of love. It really did help me more than I have words for.

I can only *hope* that it helps others as well.
Love, health and safety to *all*
Pele

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
And WHO saw fit to scare the living bujeezus out of me by bumping this thread? spank

Excuse me while I go take aspirin and nitroglycerin...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: ...Lightning...

And WHO saw fit to scare the living bujeezus out of me by bumping this thread? spank

Excuse me while I go take aspirin and nitroglycerin...

No offense Mike but BWahahahahahaaha ubblol

I wondered who would be the first person to do that (after me, since I am pretty well right now). wink

Keep in mind...PK means well. hug

Pele

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yes, i very much do not intend to cause greif or sadness, but even in the midst of such sad and tragic times, the harse realities are that it has happened but from all of this we can comunicate and share all of our experiences, our knowledge and understanding of these arts and make availabl;e all of the hazards and health and safety information.

Pele you know me pretty damn well to know that i wouldn't like to see this happen again to any one from hop, im sorry that it made you cry, but we as wise old owls can dredge up the depths of these forums because we lived through this, that is what makes us the stronger and wiser ones.

we all know that it is not cool.
EDITED_BY: pk ....:™ (1109022552)

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Written by: ...Lightning...

And WHO saw fit to scare the living bujeezus out of me by bumping this thread?

This coming from someone who posts about "irrigating wounds" and having your nose shoved into your skull? rolleyes

Seriously though, the articles and stories here on HoP have kept me from ever breathing fire again. Thanks for the bump.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: pk ....:™

Pele you know me pretty damn well to know that i would like to see this happen again to any one from hop, im sorry that it made you cry, but we as wise old owls can dredge up the depths of these forums because we lived through this, that is what makes us the stronger and wiser ones.

Absolutely. I still cry when I talk about it. There are too many emotions for me to even begin to explain when this topic comes up. That is all I am saying. Two years have passed and it still has that kind of an effect on me. I am still "happy" (not the word I mean, but the closest I can figure) it happened to me as opposed to anyone else.

And I also know you well enough Pk to know you meant that you would *not* like to see it happen to anyone else wink
ubblove hug

Pele

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
oooops/.

Page: ...