Page:
Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Hey, everyone.

I'm really glad Malcolm sent a gift to Pele for us. Thanks, Malcolm.

I was thinking, though, when I was considering sending flowers, that what with her trouble being chemical pneumonia, maybe nice, smelly flowers aren't the best possible choice.

Anyone want to go splits with me on something on this page?

enright florists

They're in Rochester, NY. Apparently they believe only men will want potted plants or fruit, but we can forgive them that.

I don't know how soon Pele will be able to eat fruit, but maybe PWB or Prom (good to hear from you again, by the way, Prometheus. I didn't know you were still around) could fill us in.

I'll be checking this list again by Monday. Feel free to leave suggestions. I can toss the thing on my visa, or we could get PWB to order and send it. I hear he likes that kind of work.

Get well soon, fire goddess. We love you.

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Since she is still in the ICU live gifts are not allowed (living or post-living flowers.)

I would recommend against gifts while she is still in the ICU as it seems to be a small room and the nurses don't like clutter. Feel free to send cards as those fit on the window sill very nicely. She has some now and it makes her feel better to know we are thinking about her.

I found out that she has Lipid Pnemonia. It deals with the fact that the fuel destroys fatty tissues and the lungs are particularly vulnerable. They insist she will heal completely but it will take time. It's been a week now and I have a feeling it could be another week of ICU and then regular recover after that.

Thank you all for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers it means a lot.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Thoughts with you sweety . Get well soon .
Love,hugs and dancing fire performers.

[garbo]

be excellent to each other: safe:

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
PWB, I am so sorry to hear about the lipid pneumonia. Yes, it almost always heals, but the lungs are so delicate that they are succeptible to damage.

I hope she's comfortable.

"Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity."
--Hippocrates

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Here are some gems which might bring a smile to Pele's face as she is surrounded by a hospital:

Medical scientists are nice people, but you should not let them treat you.
--August Bier (1861-1949) German surgeon

God heals and the Doctor takes the fee.
--Benjamin Franklin

Thanks to modern medicine we are no longer forced to endure prolonged pain, disease, discomfort and wealth.
--Robert Orben

Medicine makes people ill, mathematics makes them sad, theology makes them sinful.
--Martin Luther (1483-1546)

-Mike

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
I know i dont really know you yet, pele, (or anyone at HoP for that matter) But i am genuinely saddened about your incident. I really hope you get better. Your experience has both scared me and encouragef me to flame on. tons of x & o Iris (aka Stella)

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Pele,

I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend. Don't be in a hurry to leave hospital, take plenty of time to heal and rest.

I was in ICU myself a few months ago. It's not much fun is it!

Lots of love, hugs and magikal healing energy....

Finn

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Any updates on how Pele is doing?

-Mike

Teinemember
74 posts

Posted:
mew! best wishes to full and speedy recovery!
i haven't been frequenting HOP as much as i should or want to, but i hold quite a lot of respect and admiration for Pele and the others here. People like Pele are the reason i enjoy fire so fully and have managed to become knowledgable in both techniques and safety. Warmest thoughts to Pele!!

life begins between the night and the light.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I just thought of something, I dont pretend to know anything but... does Pele have insurance or enough money to pay for all this medical treatment?

I mean could we like take up a collection or something. Maybe Malcolm could set something up to where we can pool our money online and then have him send it to Pele and PWB to help pay for anything insureance doesnt cover??

We are all family here I am sure that we could all spare a few bucks I mean there are how many thousand people here if each of us could give 2 maybe 3 dollars or pounds or what ever she would have a good chunk of change to help with the costs.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Pele is still in the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital. It looks like she will be there for a few more weeks.
They still have her on a respirator but they've performed a tracheotomy (sp?, where the tube goes straight into the neck) as it is better than keeping the tube in the mouth. They also think they will not need to keep her as sedated this way.

She did have insurance but I do not believe it was enough to cover the expense of a month in the ICU.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Raymund Phule:

We are all family here I am sure that we could all spare a few bucks I mean there are how many thousand people here if each of us could give 2 maybe 3 dollars or pounds or what ever she would have a good chunk of change to help with the costs.

I'm in, but my life isn't stable enough for me to be the collector. As in, I don't have a permanent address...

-Mike

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
If a few pounds each will stop Pele forking out a probably hefty amount, I'm in too.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
dont know how it could be organised, maybe somhow through the hop shop?

but im in if pele needs it

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Same here. Would Malcolm be able to set up a "donation" form, similar to the one set up to pay for goods through the shop? (I don't know what you legal obligations are here Malcolm, so say if it is just not possible)

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
I'll put in too, if Auzzy $s are of help... I'm in tears just thinking about how much pain she must be in...

Hope you're feeling better real soon Pele...

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
hey pele! ive never met you before but i dont wish injury on anybody...so..

GET WELL VERY QUICKLY!!

and get out and spin! and if you really want some fruit and if you are ever over in london and happen to goto one of the Summer Spinning (aka poi in the park (clapham branch)) then im sure i could find the time to let you eat my banana....
or any other peice of fruit i happen to have in my luchbox at the time ;-)

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

2,905 posts

Posted:
Malcolm runs two busnesses I am sure with his brain pan he can find a way to be able to pool our money together and help Pele out. The idea and the heart is there all we need now is the brains to get it to happen!

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Best of Luck in your recovery Pele.. I am so sorry to hear of your accident and am sending warm wishes of comfort your way.

2,905 posts

Posted:
no way in hell will I let this get burried so BUMP!!!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Bump

2,905 posts

Posted:
Sweet gracias

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Thankyou Malcolm. You are the best

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I wanna donate for pele... is the only option a credit card? I dont have one
love to you pele... even if a credit card is the only way I will find a way to donate... so much healing and love to you...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I also don't have a credit card... can i use a debit card malcolm? i posted this here instead of emailing you b/c i want other people to know the answer to this too.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
i know i haven't posted in forever, but i heard the news and n8 and i both hope pele gets better soon and is very very sorry to her about the accident. our hearts go out to you pele. we love ya.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

john josephmember
2 posts

Posted:
Pele, hope you have a fast recovery. And please don't let this bring you down. From what i hear your one of the top and everyone is praying for you, so keep up the good work.......Feel fee to e-mail me and let me know how things are going.....Thanks! Jay! jjjoseph2000@webtv.net

(GABBA GABBA HEY)

2,905 posts

Posted:
Malcolm seriusly man thanks alot for usin your site and your company to help her out. A true saint that one!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Malcolm, you are a great man. I hope you sleep well tonight knowing that you have truly gone above and beyond the call of duty to help a friend in need.

The world needs more people like you.

-Mike

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
JEEEZZZZZZUUUUS Pele. OUCH
You must be having a crap year, i hope you get better, I would send you money to help u pay off the ICU but Australian dollars compaired to american urmm how to put this Not very usefull.
I can imagin the pain you are in .

I send my LOVE (YES C@NTUS IT IS A CURRENCY) and peace and respect.
let you be healed BROCK

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

Page: