Posted:
found a good server

ftp://tricks:tricks@67.18.198.26/zecry/Ariad.avi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hug

My 10cents:

I personally hate seeing people spin fast. Male or Female, I think it just makes poi untidy. THe slower you can spin, the more control you have over them smile

*debates wether or not to talk about this fondness of tidy planes ubblove*

Your poi seem to stop moving at 16 seconds.
Was this intentional? wink

Your Llendei plant in the garden needs some serious attention. It looks to me like it might have ringworm. Best to have a look at it.

Ariadmember
66 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the advice but that's not my garden :P

The idea of this set is spinning fast, it's a part of an XMA show.

The chinese, or Wushu, like to do things very very fast so you wont understand anything from what they are doing, and just say :O . This is the idea of this set.

please talk about the tidy planes, I have no idea what is that and it would be nice to learn something new.

What do you mean by 16 seconds? the length of the video is 31 seconds right?
EDITED_BY: Ariad (1101055544)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yes john you do have a fondness of tidy planes eek if I didn’t know better id say you have an obsession with them. ubblove ubblove

( biggrinhint hint telling me off cos my planes were well out the first time I try a new move gurrrrr biggrin)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
tidy planes.

I started to write a definition, but im crap at explaining things....so im just going to say:

Im going ot get a lovely person to do a definintion for you.

hug

have a look at the clip abou the 16 seconds part wink

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
hang on im still downloading it

ok its done give me a sec

EDITED_BY: Mint Sauce (1101055853)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Ok hummmmmm!!!!!!!

There is a big pause probably from when you encoded it. have you actually watched the uploaded version yourself cos the frame rate goes to pot so your poi just seem to jump about. confused

You obviously have some skill ubblove but I have to agree with john it all looks a bit sloppy if you slow down it would look much more smooth and flowing and you could demonstrate your full range of moves. you can then intersperse this with faster stuff which adds variety to your performance. hug

I think also because you are forcing the poi to go fast it ads a kind of jerkiness to you movement, the on the floor stuff is good but because it is a bit fast you seem totally unbalanced and a little awkward. redface

Sorry if this all seems a bit negative redface. But hay who am I to talk I don’t even have a vid “yet” hug hug

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
The frame rate is fine I thought.

smile

I didnt and never did say it looked sloppy.

I said:

Written by: Me

I personally hate seeing people spin fast. Male or Female, I think it just makes poi untidy.

smile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ok ok untidy/sloppy so I'm a northern redface. Hummm might be my comp the pick seemed a bit jumpy to me confused

ubblove ubbloveno offence meant to any one I fined criticism the best way to improve ubblove ubblove (I know I get loads ubbrollsmile)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I meant it makes poi in generaly sloppy... regardless of who does it!

wink

offtopic

Bad UCOF!

spank

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
hmmm.. I've seen this vid before... but here's my two cents.....
I do like the spinning on the ground and the btb weave while getting down there. You definately have some talent
However, I have to agree that your spinning in the planes (the vertical spaces to your sides in particular in this case) did seem a little bit off.
The way I would suggest to correct this is to practise your spinning at a slower speed, and to look for more aesthetic quality in what you are doing, work it out and then produce a routine that you can practise like a kung fu form.
In terms of producing moves for an xma show including acrobatics etc, i suggest you look at the Chimaera show video, the a couple of moves in roughkutz by TePooka and bender's Joy of Staff for inspiration. Also for more acrobatic stuff (which I think you quite enjoy) go and check out https://www.trickstutorials.com/
Also keep examining your spinning- look in a mirror, look at your shadow or watch vids of yourself, and look for what you want in your spinning.
I am hoping to put together a new video about christmas time (when I get a video camera) in which I am seeking to put together some kung fu footwork and style with contemporary spinning, in which I hope to demonstrate how the two disciplines may be brought together..(plug!plug!plug! wink) but still I have much technical skill in both areas to amalgamate.
hmmm... that was more like 5 cents.... wink
look forward to a longer vid showing us what you've put together!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i like to spin in front of ucof, my bad planes, and shitty poi, makes him turn all kinds of funny colurs!

Step (el-nombrie)

Ariadmember
66 posts

Posted:
I still don't get what plains are S:

My English is not perfect, I don't understand much of the superior words :P

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
when you spin, or juggle, or any kind of art that we do

the line that your object moves in is your plain, so if you are doing butterfly infont of you

they are moving in a wall plain as its called

Step (el-nombrie)

Ariadmember
66 posts

Posted:
Oh, in the video they are bad :P

I needed to shorten the poi in half so it wont hit the floor, that is also why I spin it so fast.

but now im better biggrin