Forums > Help! > Van needs storage or a good home!in the UK

Login/Join to Participate

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hi there to the community as a whole and those in the UK in particular, becuase this is directed at you guys
Well after a wicked summer FireNix tour of Europe, it is time for me to head to sunnier climes(Thailand, New Zealand, Indonesia, etc) and work in the warmth.
Now ive made everyone jealous!! I need to ask a favour!
I have been trying to sell the FireNix Mobile, but it doesnt look like its happening, after various people have pulled out of sales, last minute. So.. I need to store it somewhere off the road over the winter. I have booked my return flight for the 18/06/05, so landing just in time for Solstice, bizarre forward planning!!
Does anyone have, or know of someone who has, land I may be able to store the aforementioned on over the winter?
I am getting abit desperate and would be very grateful, if anyone can help out - In a kinda small financial donation sort of way!!
So please get the thinking caps on and ask about.
And if anyone has any contacts in these contries or live there themselves, do get in touch
Thanks in advance for the brain energy!!

Have a great winter all!! wink
Pease out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
This is the VW van yeah? The one I neer got to see at Bristol Jugg Con?

I'll see what I can do, no promises but I'll see wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
wotcha rob.

talked to kenn, seems cautiosly interested. didn't realise it was THAT solstice you meant....

we'll properly meet and talk monday, so will have some sort of answer for ya by then.

huggery
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Yep....that Sosltice!! I do not intend getting colder!!
Im hooking up with Anjie for some workshops with the Karem tribe in January and hopefully Dim when I get there. Looking forward to some sunshine and shorts!!
To Dunc - Its not a VW - its a Mercedes and its luuuvlerly and needs nice people to give it a loving (well any sort of!!)home!!
Cheers, Speak to you Monday Rob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
It's a good van.

Faster than bessie, and almost capable of reaching dover on time...

biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
...............Almost!!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
may have something Nix, can you give me dimensions please? smile

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
That would be so good mate - Ive had a few more let downs!!
The vans 2.5(h0x 2.5(w)x 5m(l) - It would eb great it it could go indoors, but at the moment thats the least of my worries, just need somewhere for it to go!!
PM me your phone number and I can give you a call
Thanks for your efforts

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying

i'm so sorry rob frown

both tree and i wanted to take him off your hands outright but just can't afford to by a tiny amount.

plus we're having so much hassle with other van insurance and the like that noone could face the thought of havng to do it all again so soon without time to think about it.

ubbcrying
hug

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry too dude:( that's one big ole van you got there. If it were a bit smaller I would have a garage for it....fancy cutting the roof off?! wink

I'm still looking for somewhere but I don't hold much hope now, although there's land around here I don't know many people who own it.

Have you thought of risking putting tax on it and parking it in a nice quiet street somewhere near a friend perhaps who can keep an eye on it? Would be well worth 6 months road tax as a parking charge.

Good luck in the search tho, I hope you find somewhere before the weeks out. What happens if you cant?

hug2