Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > London Spinners Ahoy! Poi with juggling?

Login/Join to Participate

BrassMonkeymember
71 posts

Posted:
Hullo. I don´t know if Kev is on HoP, but if Simian or any other spits crew is reading this, could you ask Kev, on behalf of Ivan and Alice, for steps 1 to 7 of his incredible poi & juggling combo (for people with short attention spans).

Of course, if anyone else knows about juggling and spinning simultaneously, or contact juggling and stick spinning, or anything funky like that, we would be eternally grateful for some advice.

Ta! Hugs and mango flavoured ice cream to all of the nice spinny people that make London seem so much less miserable. See ya!

Time's fun when you're having flies

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
I think Kev just signed up a few days ago...

"Moo," said the happy cow.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
He has been here for ages.

He lurks.

smile

and by the way....you might be better off PMing him as he is teh only person I know that does anything with the juggling and the spinning together as one in unity with each other.

So in other words...you may not get many replies here..

smile

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Im not sure if its who youre talking about buy someone posted a video of them juggling whilst poiing in the video forum a few months ago.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I think that vid was White Raven, it's probably still around cuz I think he has his own site. Not quite as fluid as Kevs poigling but good noone the less biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
poigling... the art of screwing people up while on halucenegnics...

1: take 2 poi attached at the fingers with loops... socks suck for this..
2: get 3 smallish juggling balls about the same weight as the poi
3: start with 1 and work your way up
4: take lots of time and practise stagered butterfly up the middle and 3 ball cascade..
5: smke something smile ubbloco
6: practise loads
7: go for it....

basically its very easy in principle as cascade and stagered butterfly are the same...
where it gets hard is if you dont throw a really good throw.. you end up having to correct the catch which puts the poi out of time... keeping the fingerloops on tight which frees your hand up is a good tip..

and as with all things.. practise practise practise juggle weavesmiley meditate meditate meditate

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
geez devkev - you must be a bloody good lurker to only have made 11 posts in two years!! eek well done mate!! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

devkevSILVER Member
292 posts

Posted:
ivan n alice: when r we goin to see you again at spitz???

try shourt double staffs and poi.. again finger loops are essential.

try just standered in time reels front n back... or butterfly front and back up de middle.. then progress onto 2 count weave and basic turns... the poi can get really easily tangled but once youve got used to it, its not to hard to untangle angry

i have just got my first staff throw with this.. bounce
The best person is steve from liquifi in oz... he does loads of this.. hehe

a lot of what i do involves home made poi of a juggling ball on he end of a chain with swivel..
contact juggling.... now there is a whole new world and dimension... try flipping the poi out, up and onto an arm catch... ballance and flick out.. maby roll the ball arroun your ches still attached to your fingers... etc

i am always looking for more ways of mixing stuff up... its great crazy fun...
hugs. to all grouphug

devkevSILVER Member
292 posts

Posted:
gita... lost me password and computer... doh...

now have broadband on me comp at home in my bedroom... becoming a comp geek... back to poi i say ...

tra la la la laaaa

BrassMonkeymember
71 posts

Posted:
Kev!
Great to hear from ya. Thanks for the breakdown, very enlightening. As usual, you make it sound stupidly simple.

Alice is on her way to a contact improv.(that dancy stuff) festival in Israel at the moment, and I don´t know if she´ll be making it back to Spitz. As for me, I´m just trying to sell the zebra truck in Cologne. When I do (hopefully in a couple of weeks), I´ll be heading in the England direction, either to London or Cantebury. I´ve got to make it to both of them, I´m just not sure which one first. Depends on how I get there, I guess. I´m hoping to return to Oz at the end of Jan, but I´m looking forward to catching up with everyone at Spits.

Waaa, I´m not much chop with double staff, but it sounds too fun not to try a poi double staff combo. We travelled with an amazing contact-staffer called Kyle, who inspired me to play with an acrylic and a big stick at the same time. Arm rolls and arm wraps can cross over each other, but I would have to show you what I mean. At the moment, it´s one of those "Wow, that looks really hard but not at all appealing" kinda things.

See ya soon, hugs right back.

Ivan.

Time's fun when you're having flies