Forums > Social Chat > Fountains/Weave's and What Not...

Login/Join to Participate

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Hey, I know their's bound to be some sort of posting already on here, with info on the fountain... but i'm too lazy to find it, and might as well start a new topic. So NEwayz... i understand that the fountain is something like the weave, turning, going straight into the windmill, and then turning somewhere [i'm lost], and doing something else [i'm still lost], and etc. [i'm *just* lost]. Could someone plz explain to me how it's done? And possibly what it looks like? cuz a lot of the time, when you're spinning, you don't seem to know what you look like, since you're in the *middle* of all these blunt, orbiting objects. ~ThanX~------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Have you even looked in the New Moves section?someone JUST DESCRIBED Fountain.Doyou need further explanation?Josh

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
yea, i think i read about that...the thing is though, it's sorta hard to picture that just out of words...something about 1.5x a weave? what's that supposed to mean? I understand the going from weave-->windmill-->weave part, but is it doing it in a full 360, from forward, to right, to reverse, to left, and back to forwards [or the other direction]. Or is it like forward, left, forward, right, forward, or w/e else you can think of? I think i need a video to help me out frown geez, oh well...------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Oh, and i was just playing around today with my tennis-ball/practice poi, and was going through my weave variations. I don't know if it has a name or w/e [tell me if there is one], but starting off with the forward weave and then start turning into a reverse [either direction], but instead of stopping, just keep on turning, and keep doing it. From the inside looking out, it look/feels like a you're doing half of a complete forward and half a complete reverse... but not stopping. I imagine it must look quite different from the normal "gears" [forward to backward] since you're moving 360 at all times [it sorta feels like you're only spinning on one side, which is true... since you're rotating on an axis]. Iono what it looks like, but i'll video tape myself later and take a look at it. And Geez... i'm sooooo dizzy now... lol... arggg.. i'm going to take a break.

Bish_the_Dingmember
52 posts

Posted:
Made me dizzy just thinking about it - I've been trying to get that whole keep your head still and do sudden 180 turns(with your head, ne?) to avoid getting dizzy - this year's goal = poi on in-line skates YEEEHAAAAAA!!!As far as I know "the fountain" is as you describe it "... like forward, left, forward, right, forward ... " forward chase/weave to left, counterclockwise windmill at center, reverse chas/weave at right.Learn it in reverse ie: forward C/W to right, clockwise W at center, reverse C/W to left. Once you've waxed that you can turn constantly clockwise or counterclockwise easily chopping and changing to either the left or right, throw in a giant windmill every now and again and you're styling !Don't you just love all the extra little moves and tricks you develop while trying to get someone elses moves right !?As for the Video tape thing, WHAT A BONUS! (I know I'm shouting and I'm sorry but I'm really excited...)I'm going to see myself on video for the first time today (if Oviparous Owen wakes up eventually, it's nearly twelve pm here ...)I can't wait !

Hasst du etwas zeit fuer mich?... Dan singe ich ein lied fuer dich ... -Bjork/Nena

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
yeah i quite enjoy just doing 360 weave type thingies.... very fun. it even better when you are so dizzy you dont know where you are heheheh

tkerbymember
30 posts

Posted:
You can walk with a 360 degree weave and keep turning and do fast jumps. Just discovered that last night but you get very dizzy and disoriented which with fire and people around is not to be tried. Especially with my balls of beelzebub. They are made with about 2 metres of wide wick each in a concertina fold. So bright I need to wear shades!