Page: ...
DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Sending BIG phat Phaery hugs to you Pele!

Twinkles and sparkles, and furry fun
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Thinking of you xxx

Az abouve, So below...

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
sage and i both praying for you...
pilot to bombadeer...pilot to bombadeer...
drop that big reiki chi bomb NOW!!!!!
best of health!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Always doing something for attention arent we Pele?? Seriously, you better come back to us in good health and spirits. i consider you a good friend even though our communication has been souly through HOP. Pull through and have a speedy recovery..

lots of Love

Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
much love lady, take care of yourself. and you take care of her as well PWB...

anyone got a light?

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
hope your back to full health soon.

btw can anyone get a printed copy of this thread to her? all the good wishes are enough to get anyone better

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Get well sweety, I hope you recover fully and soon!

Kamamember
19 posts

Posted:
Hope you get well soon Pele.
best wishes
Kama
x

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
I just wanted to say get well soon again...

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
thats really scary stuff
I hope you get better really fast.
and i really hope you'll still be able to do whatyou do Pele.
In my experiance with bad stuff happening to me you lose a bit of confidence so to speak.
Like when i was in that car accident that permenantly buggered my back up... i was pertrified to drive again worse yet ride in a car. (i wasnt even driving when the accident happened) but i made my self drive again... and it helped. it took hella guts but it helped..
i wish you strong guts and mucho health

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Pele you sweet wee thing... I am sending you a guard of angels to watch over you as you recover. All my wishes to get better soon hun.
You are an inspiration to many on this board and we all hope that you are back soon , stronger and with more knowledge for going through this horrid experience. Take care and KIA KAHA. (be strong)

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Ack.... get well soon Pele.. may your invincibility return speedily and I hope you're doin alright now... much prayers and love going out to you ...

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

splerphBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
Ohh thats terrible.

All the best wishes and a speedy recovery Pele.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
I hope its not inappropriate to ask this, but how exactly did she get "chemical pneumonia"? Did she use a certain fuel or something?

*confused*

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
please get well soon

brain replacement...anyone?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
FieryFlow, I'm only guessing, and only PWB or Pele can give us the full details, but as it's really bad and she's in hospital she probably got it from fire breathing and breathing in aspirated kerosene.

I believe chemical, or hydrocarbon, pneumonia is caused by inhalation of fumes from oils or toxic chemicals. With oils they coat the lungs and cause a foreign body reaction and reduce the capacity of the lungs while the body deals with it. More toxic and corrosive fumes damage the lung structure more and can cause permanent damage.

Severity is related to the amount and type of fumes inhaled, so for Pele to have help breathing it's got to be pretty bad. Lungs are fragile and take time to heal, but luckily there's normally little chance of permanent damage as kero is not that likely to cause permanent lung scaring.

Fingers crossed for Pele

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I go away for a couple-a-weeks and this happens.

Pele, sweetie, sending all my love and best wishes, and all my energy to get you well. You take care of yourself.

PWB, <<<<>>>>>. Please pass these on to people who need them. Hugs are one gift that will not diminish if you pass them on to others.

Love you both.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Get well soon, Pele. We'll be praying in our various directions for you. You put beautiful things into the world.

xoxo

Rick

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I know PWB is probably just sitting on his butt with nothing better to do right now but I bet we'd all appreciate a two-minute update if he has the time.

Is there anyone here who thinks that s/he could reach him and get an update without royally cheesing him off?

*sends healing vibes towards Pele*

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Get well soon Pele!!
I'm sending healing thoughts and energies your way

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've been waiting a couple of days to post on this thread, hoping I'd be able to come up with something to say, but that news has left me speechless.
Anyway, I thought I'd make a token gesture to try to come up with a message that means something more than just a few words and just say 'Get well soon'

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I've been thinking about poor Pele constantly since I heard about this yesterday....

Not that I want to take the tone of the thread away from her, but just to explain what little I know of chemical pneumonia:

Dangerboy and a few of us were busking one night and, cos it always pleases the crowd, he was doing fire breathing. We were using Firewater (from jugglearts australia). He placed a large portion of fuel in his mouth with the intention of doing multiple firebreaths. he knew it was risky and sure enough, somewhere between his first and third breath he was sure he had inhaled a little bit.

The effects weren't immediate (but he is a tough cookie) however he started coughing fairly constantly about a half hour later. It continued throughout the night and he eventually went to the doctor the next day. The doctor sent him straight to hospital, where they did scans and stuff - he had chemical pneumonia and as a result, an abcess had formed on one of his lungs. It was a while ago, so I can't exactly recall all the details, but he was in hospital for a few days on an antibiotic drip and it took him AGES (like more than a month) to lose the cough and clear his lungs fully.

I know that he only inhaled a very small amount and the damage it caused was surprisingly devastating.

My thoughts are with you Pele...

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Greetings all, I am very close to Pele, and her Whipping Boy, and I can provide you with an update, since WB most certainly has his hands full at the moment. I doubt many of you have even heard of me, just suffice to say I was her safety that day.

Pele was attempting a firebreath. At the last possible instant, the wind shifted on her, and a small portion of aspirated (but unignited) fuel was blown back up her nasal cavity and consequently into her lungs.

She was admitted to the emergency room within 20 minutes and 16 hours later she was diagnosed with chemical pnuemonia. As of this posting, she has been in the Intensive Care Unit for 6 days now. She is on a special respirator to assist her breathing, which allows her to take full breaths.
This will help to ease the condition and keeps her blood-oxygen level nominal.

The doctors expect to release her possibly by tomorrow to a private room, and then home within a week. They are confident there was no long-term damage done, but she will be very uncomfortable for quite some time.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your consideration and compassion for my good friend. I will be sure to pass on your messages of sympathy and love to her bedside, and I am equally sure they will brighten her heart and speed her towards a full recovery.

Take care, all...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
A big hug and get well soon Pele, you have inspired me in developing my breathing and I am very thankful for that.

Take care,

Mark P xxx.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Prometheus, thank you for the update. I'm somewhat familiar with Strong Memorial and I know that she is in excellent hands there.

Anyways, I think it might be a good idea if those of us who have the time and money to spare could send her some get-well cards.

Is there an address where we might send them?

-Mike

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Mahuika hold you in her warm and loving arms, grandma give you all determination, power, and sweet breath to carry flame in the air of days and days to come

Pele, goddess, one of your newest supplicants, already nurtured in the embers you have lodged in branches here, for me to find under the bark of many trees in this House, i wish you swift recovery

and i, too, my ardent love to a brilliant spirit

resting from the fervor of its blaze

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Thank you all for the kind words. Thank you also to Prometheus for the update I hadn't gotten a chance to sit down until now (noon on Wednesday).

Yesterday they didn't get to remove the respirator tube and they're not sure when they will. They also re-sedated her for comfort. She's mostly breathing on her own but the tubes allow the fluid to be extracted more easily by the hospital.

I will be sure to pass along your thoughts and I hope to be able to print this out for her to read when she is out of ICU.

Thank you all again.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
quote:
PWB: She's mostly breathing on her own
excellent! comfort and speed to her

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
all love and healing to you, fire goddess...

soooo sad that this happened to you and wish we could do more than just send you these thoughts... but hope that you do recover very soon...*

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I am so glad that she is doing better, I will keep her in my thoughts, I really wish that I had the cash to send her a big teddy bear. Ohh well I will have to send her a virtual one!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm:
Mike,

I sent a big huge bunch of flowers and a card to her from HOP.
The address for the courier I used was

Lynne Couillard - Patient
Strong Health Hospital
601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester
New York, 14642
USA

As flowers are not allowed in ICU they will be delivering them to her once she goes into her private room.

Malcolm

Thanks, Malcom.

For future reference, since I know my hospitals , the safest bet when sending a "get-well gift" to a hospital inpatient is non-latex balloons (the foil kind). They last longer than latex ballons (or flowers, for that matter), hospitals won't ban them out of concern for latex allergies, and because they hang out near the ceiling, they don't get in the way.

Anyways, I've sent a card.

-Mike

Page: ...