...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
i read this and thought to myself , *self you have to get one of these * ubblol and then thought , man , why oh why havent we been doing this all along ???

LONDON - A new X-ray machine at London's Heathrow airport, which sees through passengers' clothes, has been attacked by civil liberties campaigners as a “voyeur's charter”. The machine uses low-level radiation to see through clothing, producing an anatomically detailed black and white image of the body underneath.

check out the rest of the story here , it'll only be up for a little bit , so check it out , and go for it !

msn news

EDITED_BY: ...{SAFE}... (1100627193)

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
already gone?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

633 posts

Posted:
ok , fixed it , thanks -v- smile

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
man people have been doing that for YEARS, ever read a comic book with the x-ray glasses add on the back.......whats the diff? wink they realy work........trust me i would never lie to any of you......

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
wot? no photoes?

wink

I wonder how much the security guards have to pay for the shift on flights to Ibiza?

Some people would be able to be convinced that living out your life in a padded cell is in their best interests...sheesh.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

633 posts

Posted:
i understand how it could create a stir about "other people " seeing you naked and all , but the benifits are endless !!!

and yes you could pay me to do that job !

thank you wink

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
haha, anyone else notice that the ppl quoted on the link are all female? umm surprise surpris

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
With 64 million people going through a year I suspect the novelty would wear off.

Plus you have to see saggy old bodies too. I don't think it's a job that's going to attract more pervs than any other where naked bodies are seen, like medical or corsetry.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

633 posts

Posted:
aaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhh , you ruined my hopes !!!! :censord:

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
or gynaecology. i dont think i could do that for a living.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

633 posts

Posted:
yea , that would not be a good thing to do , what a drain !

"thanks but no thanks , ive seen enough of those today dear!"

*boring*

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
exactly my point. and there would be diseased, smelly horrible ones too. yuck.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
ewwwww!!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

633 posts

Posted:
* suddenly the thread turned into , how discusting it must be (?) i dont know how it happened , at first we were just talking about making airlines safer , but then * ~ puts hands over face and starts crying ~ ubbcrying

ubblol

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
*puts on my favourite cynical beanie*

It's just another way for big brother to keep an eye on us. It may seem innocent now because they are easing us in one little invasion of privacy at a time, but just wait and see what comes next.

For those who are going to say 'but it makes planes safer' - maybe we should address the issues of why planes need to be made safer, first.

Also, bear in mind in this day and age we fully expect nothing to ever go wrong, and if it does - we sue! You are putting yourself in a tin can to be hurled into the atmosphere... it can't be 100 per cent safe.

Getting to the other side smile

633 posts

Posted:
we're not questioning whether or not the tin can is safe , its people that we're worried about.

invasion of privacy .... maybe , but its the price you pay for evil. next time you see someone getting on the plane , quote something from the Bible and watch their reaction !!! very interesting !

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
I've heard of these things and they have looked into the privicy issue and come up with a couple od solutions. On is that software blurs out the "sensitive" areas. Another is that software removes the person replacing it with a wire frame, objects under the cloathing (like a gun, knife, whatever) are placed onto this wire frame. The operator wouldn't see anything titterlating. Unless they've got a wire frame fetish...

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
problem with blurring senisitive areas or making stick figures of the people - the softaware will then also likely smooth over plastic explosives or other non metallic weapons that are hidden close to a 'sensitive' area (in the first case) or anywhere close to the body (in the second case). Any deliberate loss of information is just that, and creates an easily exploitable way to defeat the measure. If you are going to blur and area out, then you might as well not bother with the expense of the whole system anyway.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
It's mostly pointless, because you can't make an airplane absolutely safe. Too many people have access. It's just another way of making people feel safe, the illusion of safety. It's just another way to reduce your liberties and reduce your freedoms. One of the costs of a free society is having to deal with the evil-minded people having as much free will as the 'good' people...

If it'll keep them from taking off my shoes, fine, it makes things faster, but I don't believe it will make anything safer. wink

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I like to think about people as stick figures. Stick figues with kind of.. smilies expressions. Looking up in awe at the front row of a gig, getting annoyed when kids are kicking the seats on the bus, huffing and puffing running around the park in the morning. It makes everything a little bit less intimidating and reminds you of what you are.

Anyway, allow me to spank myself with the offtopic sign. Ah, that's the stuff!

I think it's an unusual step and it won't detect things hidden internally, so at the end of the day it will only prevent people from bringing things they can insert onto planes. This whole wire frame thing is an obvious problem as people will just create weapons that look like the contours of their body, and the machine will be none the wiser. They'll just look like they've got fat thighs or a big bum.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
It would spot internal things, again some some or other article it was saying that the frequency reflected from metal (or even explosives) would be different from flesh and the software would be programmed to repond to this and display the object in the correct place, albetit inside the wire frame.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.