Forums > Social Chat > what you think about fire...how long till i try it out?

Login/Join to Participate

onlyanewbienewbie
16 posts

Posted:
hiya wavehello so im just wondering the first time everyone tried fire
devil instead of the tennis ball bounce or ribbons ubblove was it scary?????? confused im trying at the moment to get the hang of the ribbons and am looking forward to the fire but a bit nervous andy words of advice?
how long did you waite till you tried it out? angel2 (yeah and how long is a piece of string)

cheers! bye thankx

people have one thing in common they are all different~robert zend

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
ok, here is a common question, but one that it is admittedly very difficult to find in a search because of the obvious popularity of the prime keywords....

so then, I waited about 3.5 months - with lots of practice. some people go years, others hours. While I don't recommend the latter, I think the best answer is you will know when the time is right for you. It will call to you, and the pull to do it will be greater than the fear. and then it shall be done. just make sure your first time is with experieiced fire performers keeping a close eye as your safety.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
hahaha

ok im warnin you, about 20 people will tell you to do a search for this topic. it was already broaldy discussed...

personally i did fire the same night i learned how to hold poi and do the 2 beat weave from UCOF. the same night i picked up a firestaff for the first time and light that sucker up....
it wasnt really scary at all it was actually pretty trippy but that might have been the good tea wink

but that doesnt mean u should do that, i had ucof and a bunch of other spinners around to supervise altho they where in the same state i was in.. ubblol

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

onlyanewbienewbie
16 posts

Posted:
oooh someone experienced to guide the fire virgin...
devil angel2

onlyanewbienewbie
16 posts

Posted:
yeah i know or rather im sure theres been lots said but im an individual i like SPECIAL answers kiss

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
eyyy
i like ur attitude
smile

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

onlyanewbienewbie
16 posts

Posted:
ATTITUDE...yeah but balls no...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
not even for poi?

-v-

onlyanewbienewbie
16 posts

Posted:
poi bring it on...man lightening is gonna strike me..i cant even play 'properly' yet still getting there... i need a mentor! help

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I'm sure you can find about a hundred of them in London!

-v-

onlyanewbienewbie
16 posts

Posted:
yeah but where to look...you got any ideas im not big on structured classes and its all about fun. just someone to show me some moves.... i may even just be a bit of a voyeur at first...not confident on the whole 'people judging thing' see i told you no balls!!

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
i guess its really up to you - i got my first cahnce when i had been spinning 3 / 4 months. its really cool - a total rush, cause your so concentrating on not hitting yourself, but at the same time you want to do more than just plain ol waeves (not that i have anything against weaves). the one thing i found the first time was that fire poi are extreemly heavy + your arms get really really tired after a minute or so.

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
Written by: the badger with a troubled past and nothing left to lose /Konsti

personally i did fire the same night i learned how to hold poi and do the 2 beat weave from UCOF. the same night i picked up a firestaff for the first time and light that sucker up....
it wasnt really scary at all it was actually pretty trippy but that might have been the good tea wink

umm i dont know if this is such good advice.. if i were you i wouldnt do that, just randomly sometime spark them up.. konsti can be a bit reckless sometimes (sorry konsti.. floris btw in case you hadnt figured that out yet wavehello)

i played around with a staff for the first time sometime in late jan (i think.. that period of time was a bit hazy.. bong for breakfast.. before sometimes haha) but then never touched it again till early may when i bought my own.. then it was a matter of days till i became a pyrofile devil but it sure is a rush, the sound of the flames whooshing past your ears and the shock (but surprisingly no pain) when the flame hit my arm.. its good stuff, but if youre not ready, youre not ready.. the best advice i can give you is do it when you feel comfortable

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
All I have to say is, make sure it is special... my first time I only knew the bare basics, and I wish I hadnt have lit up as I didnt know enough, as awesome as the rush was... well, I should have waited.

But yeah, wait until your ready, and it feels right for you.. as others have said, make sure you have experianced twirlers around incase anything might happen...

satyagrahanewbie
11 posts

Posted:
I waited about 3 weeks. You really don't need to know too much, just make sure that you don't try anything you're not sure of when you do light it up for the first time - simple things can look awesome too.
Otherwise, I'd recommend lighting it the sooner the better. No matter how much you practice with it unlit, it's a totally different feel when it is lit. All of a sudden you can't concentrate on what your hands are doing because you have these 2 huge flames flying past your head and you won't be able to do half the things you've been practising unlit anyway.

Good luck!!!

i'm a good kisser, but you're a fast learner...

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
The reason I said I wish I had have waited coz I didnt know enough was I got, well not bored as such, but yeah, kinda bored and I wish I had have known more to make it more memorable... if that makes any sense.