Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Basic Theory: Take a Poi and "tuck" it under you armpit /or under your knee /or between the legs :P ... and do one or more full circles. The center of rotation is no loger the handle but the armpit or knee ...

They give a nice "break" effect because you dont spin with your hand anymore . . .

Easiest to start with imo: Thru wrap under your right shoulder from right to left (forward wheel plane, right hand Poi) - "clamp" it under your armpit and let it do one extra circle (behind your shoulder). You can exit to the left like out of a normal Thru-wrap.
Once you get comfortable with one cirlce try 2,3 .... infinite circles.
Next I would recommend to try it from left to right (extra circles in front).
Turning is also possible.

It can be seen as a variation on Thru-wraps and can be done without actual "clamping" but thats more difficult.

Any more ideas on this topic ?!?

bounce andy bounce2

To learn - read. To know - write. To master - teach . . .

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
funny that, having seen you spin last friday, I can clearly envision what you are saying, where I think I would have been confused before.

beerchug

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
I do this move where I clamp the poi in my knee, let go with my hand, then do a 360 and grab it again. It's kind of neat and is a good show off move. I don'tthink thats what you mean though. I also kind of guide the poi with my leg when doing some utl moves where the poi spins at my knee yet I am holding onto the poi therefore changing the centre of rotation to my knee. I try and explain it as guiding the poi with your knee to people I teach.

Peace, Love, Circles

Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Confusing? My posts ? Never !!!!! 100% Clear meditate

cheers beerchug

PS: Was a great day - thx for everything

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Well this one wasn't confusing anyway wink

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
@ Rovo: The one you describe is one variation of what I mean - and that you additionally let go the handle. Nice variation ! ([Old link])

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
poibox.. check your pms...

and your always clear.. ok..most always.. wink

I use the knee ones a LOT... liek for instance.. when I take my right poi clockwise spin.. to btb.. btl (thus into the knee section) to the front... and back over the right knee to the back...

I also use it for the fountain-liek thing I do with one arm btl from the back..

and all sorts of other nonsense..

as far as letting go.. there were a few topics I had up on spherc talking about pinning the poi in the knee and doing leg wrpas with the pinned poi... or using the other poi to twist and or tanlge.. whic results in kneepin Plus hand held poi airwrpas.. or if you want turn your body and they do liek a hyperloop and come right out...

I like using tosses into an elbow pin, turn 180 toss back into a handle grab..

yeah so a lot of these are pin variations.. but you can use the other points just as easy.. I mean look at Straitjackets.. and stuff like that.. weavesmiley

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Bleh, thought I was a rare case doing throws to elbow pins. Damn you Rev! Back to the drawing board.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

poi_boySILVER Member
stranger
42 posts

Posted:
cool... was looking for a new set of moves... gona keep meself busy with these metinks:)

easy ! ;p every days a festival!