Page: ...
arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
so sorry

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
some one already posted this link on my "president of america is...." thread..............but we are all still so sorry, but hey at least he CANT get 4 more after this

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
thats the spirit.. stay positive beerchug

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
give me a good rifle and a clean shot and I will cease to feel the need for appologies.

Oops! sorry, that isn't positive... redface

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: arashi

so sorry

no you're not

wink

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
From what Cole posted:

".....2. https://www.weisnotsorry.com
. Check it out. It's how we on the right are perceived. Also check out https://www.fuckthesouth.com
We are not all bigots.
We are not all gun toting rednecks.
We is don't talk using ebonics.
We are hard working folks with familys that want the best for our children."

I particularly like the lack of commas, on the whole page, AND lack of ability to know how to use a spell checker.
well done to the Bush voter for keeping up our perception of "double digit IQ's."

ubblol

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
at this point I think we should be greatful that bush voters do at least have double digit IQs... well, some of them anyway. rolleyes

-v-

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
It's kinda depressing how serioulsy this all gets. This guy got phone calls to his house!! Even a slightly Democrat stats site for the election ended up with 6 servers and multiple firewalls to cope with DoS attacks and hackers!

When it was up it was slightly scary to see how many people had been choosen to be photographed with thier semi-automatic collection and anti aircraft gun mounted in the back yard. Real friendly people!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
never claimed republicans were friendly!

-v-

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Right now, I wish I weren't at work so I could check out those sites...

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many GOP sites have had DoS attacks, etc? I've noticed abhorant behavior from both sides, and wish my fellow democrats would not stoop to childish tantrums when coping or dealing with the closeminded gits.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fryed Fish

some one already posted this link on my "president of america is...." thread..............but we are all still so sorry, but hey at least he CANT get 4 more after this

I wouldn't put it past Bush to ammend the constitution to give himself unlimited terms in office, Just like he wants to ban gay marriage. frown loser....

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Luckily:

"The Amendment Process

There are essentially two ways spelled out in the Constitution for how it can be amended. One has never been used.

The first method is for a bill to pass both halves of the legislature, by a two-thirds majority in each. Once the bill has passed both houses, it goes on to the states. This is the route taken by all current amendments. Because of some long outstanding amendments, such as the 27th, Congress will normally put a time limit (typically seven years) for the bill to be approved as an amendment (for example, see the 21st and 22nd).

The second method prescribed is for a Constitutional Convention to be called by two-thirds of the legislatures of the States, and for that Convention to propose one or more amendments. These amendments are then sent to the states to be approved by three-fourths of the legislatures or conventions. This route has never been taken, and there is discussion in political science circles about just how such a convention would be convened, and what kind of changes it would bring about.

Regardless of which of the two proposal routes is taken, the amendment must be approved by three-fourths of states. The amendment as passed may specify whether the bill must be passed by the state legislatures or by a state convention. See the Ratification Convention Page for a discussion of the make up of a convention. Amendments are sent to the legislatures of the states by default. Only one amendment, the 21st, specified a convention. In any case, passage by the legislature or convention is by simple majority.

It is interesting to note that at no point does the President have a role in the formal amendment process (though he would be free to make his opinion known). He cannot veto an amendment proposal, nor a ratification."

With 49% of the population VEHEMENTLY againt Bush, and 40-something% of both houses of congress democrat, he doesn't have a prayer of accomplishing this goal.

-v-

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Talking about amendments...

There is renewed ferver to make an amendment to the constitution about a president needing to be a natural born US citizen. It seems there are people that would really like Arnold to be able to be our pres. one day.

Me, personally...I just wish they'd do something to the whole electoral college system. 2 weeks ago on 60 minutes (or some similar weekly news show) they actually had a discussion about the process and how outdated it was. I hope the politicans in control may one day do something about it.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
no reason to do anything about it from their pointof view - itis another layer they can manipulate the election with, so why would they want to eliminate it?

-v-

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Because they are actually supposed to listen to their constituents (at least the state reps in Congress). If enough people cause a ruckus about it, and to put it on a news show makes me hope that someone higher up might notice.

wishful thinking I suppose

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
faith in the democratic process?

politicians that actually represent the views of their constituents at a national level?

where did you get these crazy notions from spritie?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Written by: spritie

Talking about amendments...

There is renewed ferver to make an amendment to the constitution about a president needing to be a natural born US citizen. It seems there are people that would really like Arnold to be able to be our pres. one day.

Me, personally...I just wish they'd do something to the whole electoral college system. 2 weeks ago on 60 minutes (or some similar weekly news show) they actually had a discussion about the process and how outdated it was. I hope the politicans in control may one day do something about it.

The reason for the Electoral College is that it protects the much smaller States and gives them some relevance in the election. Without such protection, only areas of high population would be courted by candidates.

I agree that the system MUST be changed, but I don't know if getting rid of the EC is the best measure to take. Then again, maybe its the only measure to take!

Raph

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
The icebergs are melting.
I feel that the loss of this election to a dumbass corporate slave is no less than the seventh seal of the armageddon.
So go ahead, spin your little bags on strings.
Tornadoes will soon rip the surface of the earth to shreds. Tsunamis will wipe out the coastal nations. Fertile areas will become deserts and deserts will become swaps.
Glass, get your ass over here to texas! England is going into an ice age! So sorry. We definitely didn't want hot man on man monogamy, so too bad for you!
It's a lie that GWB is from Texas, he just got inserted over here a few years ago because we've got lots of electoral votes.
They're already primping his brother for the next election.
Anybody that believes that GWB actually WON is a complete dumbass. I can't stand how easily the "left" kowtowed the win away.
As soon as gay marriage came up, i saw the poisoned bait. and the dems bit. It seems so obvious to me that there is no true voice for the people. any person who really wanted to take this election would have stayed away from controversial issues like gay marriage and health care and stuck to the BS WAR and BS CORPORATE WELFARE. Not to mention the environmental concerns which were all but ignored despite the admission by the president that global ecosystems will soon be collapsing and we will just have to learn to adjust. when will people realize, we are dealing with an organized, educated, scrupulous force here?
Anybody up for a re-election? with REAL, NON BUGGED VOTING MACHINES THIS TIME!?!?!?!

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
oops! sorry, my bad... spank

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:

The icebergs are melting.
I feel that the loss of this election to a dumbass corporate slave is no less than the seventh seal of the armageddon.
So go ahead, spin your little bags on strings.
Tornadoes will soon rip the surface of the earth to shreds. Tsunamis will wipe out the coastal nations. Fertile areas will become deserts and deserts will become swaps.
Glass, get your ass over here to texas! England is going into an ice age! So sorry. We definitely didn't want hot man on man monogamy, so too bad for you!
It's a lie that GWB is from Texas, he just got inserted over here a few years ago because we've got lots of electoral votes.
They're already primping his brother for the next election.

The sad thing is... It won't be armageddon. I think everyone who voted for Bush's will believe that their life improved.

They won't have those 'dirty gays' corrupting their children.

There will be more large corporations at the local mall (There USED to only be 3 Starbucks in the Mall but with W's tax breaks for the uberweathly now there are 5! smile )

There won't be any of those facist 'gun laws' to keep me from buying missile launchers (and how sad that that school got shot up in the next town but that will never happen in OUR town!)

Since they're am too stupid to realize that they're poor, 'I support tax breaks for the rich because once I get out of this trailer park I'm gonna BE the next Donald Trump.'

Hey... maybe there will be some more terrorist attacks on the US so we can again be unified in our mourning. I mean nothing makes life better than a good 'bad guy' to hate.

Everybody (that I care about) wins (at least in appearance!)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
In this last election there was a Republican Senator who was voted in whose platform is:

-Abortions in ALL cases should be illegal and those who perform them should suffer the death penalty
-Gays should not teach in public schools.
-Single mothers should also not teach in public schools.

You really have to wonder the mentality of the people who voted for this guy.

I must be completely out of touch with America.

Raph

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
1) www.fuckthesouth.com is the funniest thing I've read post-Bush.

2) what are we aiming to achieve if the world is ending?

3) whats left for little ppl to do to affect change, when democracy has been exposed for what it is; a fading ghost of a good idea that only ever really served the rich?

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
1) Agreed. I'm from the south. oops i guess i should have capitalized that wink I think whatsis name from Daily Show said it best. Culture war.
2) Stop yer grinnin and drop yer linen. Ever see a tornado? Personally I'm gonna keep on dancing with cuties. At least I'm going with a clear conscience. I'm working even harder now.
3)nothing less than a complete quantum leap in our way of life and approach to the world. "Be the change you want the world to be" Ghandi

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
1. Sweeping generalization aside, it was damn funny. wink

2. I don't think the world is ending yet. If it isn't, then those of us who are unhappy with the result of the 2004 election should start working NOW for the 2008 election.

3. As long as you are doing your best to effect change in as far a sphere as you can influence you will leave the world a better place than when you arrived.

Raph

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Raph's hit it right on the head. The world isn't going to end, things will keep on spinning over the next 4 years, and for better or worse, just try to lead by example and hopefully our next President will be satisfactory to all parties.

But calling the opposition low-iq, fundamentalist, Bible-thumping, redneck, etc is only going to push them farther away to the right. Heck, I wonder how many people were turned off from the Democratic party just because extremists like Michael Moore were beating people over the head with their "anybody but Bush" message.

If Kerry had won, I would have just DEALT WITH IT AND MOVED ON. Likewise, I am doing so with Bush in office. He's lost almost all of his cabinet and is having to replace them with new officials, which is a good start (Ashcroft is GONE, yo!) since already he's replacing them with less-controversial and less extreme people. Like I said in the other thread, there's no challenges to his legitimacy as President anymore, just grudging acceptance. And THAT means that maybe the right and left can get along and work together for a change, instead of constant bickering.

Joe Lieberman said it best yesterday - the Democratic party needs to make people understand they're not the socially-permissive extremists they've been painted as. People like Moore only served to undermine their appeal because they polarize moderates away from their party with the "vote for us or you're an idiot/redneck/low IQ fundie/etc" mentality. If YOU want people to think like you do, then SHOW THEM WHY IT'S BETTER. But don't *expect* them to change, and don't insult them if they don't - that's just as closed-minded as the homophobic redneck stereotypes you claim represent the right.

And let's not forget... it wasn't BUSH who outlawed gay marriage in 11 states... it was 11 STATES that did. The federal constitution says a) Marriage is male-female only, and b) the states can decide whether they want to legalize same-sex unions or not. Ten points to the person who tells me which President signed the "Defense of Marriage Act" that made that possible in the first place.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well dio of course you are right. fine, we'll be serious...

in fact i do my part by taking my message to everyone, esp. performing at corporate parties as well as raves, and for christians, hindus, buddhists, and down home texans. many people have told us that we changed their life. on that note here's my real answer...

3)take over the media. this whole BS about "liberal media" makes me sick. these people are organized, wealthy, and educated spin doctors! so we have to be the same. but we aren't. they are united in their greed, we are divided simply by our strength, our recalcitrance. We need money and lots of it. and to do that we have to get rid of our distaste of the methods needed to get it...

Michael moore's intentions may have been good, but they turned him into a liability because of his adamantine expressions. how can we turn their strengths against them?

did anyone notice how the WTO used the marches to actually STRENGTHEN their power and increase their jurisdiction and abilities? THAT'S GENIUS and it makes me wonder if i'm on the wrong side.

read "the art of war"

who wants to be a spy?

2) seriously, the world is about to undergo a lot of climactic change. i call that the end of things, what else would you cal the destruction of our populated coastal areas and the negative alteration of our ecosystem? do you like going outside? well, do it now while you can! did you know mars used to be a wet planet until the atmosphere changed and the water cycle dried up? read up on the ocean salinity pump. have you heard about the pentagon's projected future for the next century and how they have developed weapons and strategies to prevent starving refugees, from impacted neighboring areas, from entering US soil? areas WE devastated by our ignorant greed?

lunerniamember
110 posts

Posted:
i already posted this link.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
2) BamBam is cute. ubblol (and DFQ)

and dio, don't you think the TIMING of the gay marriage debate is a LITTLE suspect? when's the last time you heard about this? did you notice how abortion cam up right before the last election? gay marriage lost the dems the election, on account of all the hispanic catholics getting off ther arses and voting about it. these guys are smart!

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:

have you heard about the pentagon's projected future for the next century and how they have developed weapons and strategies to prevent starving refugees, from impacted neighboring areas, from entering US soil? areas WE devastated by our ignorant greed?

i know i probly dont have to tell you this, but this is not only for your information but the US east coast is giong to be devastated just as much as western europe.. the idea behind the day after tomorrow is correct.. due to the warm ocean currents coming up from the gulf of mexico and the carribean the US east coast and w. europe have the climate they have today.. if that current wasnt there wed have the same climate as they do in the north of sweden and finland.. but if the polar caps melt, both those areas are gonna suffer.. so i think that the US will have more things to worry about that immigrants.. besides, the only ppl who are likely to go the states are probly the canadians, cuz canada will be almost intolerably cold by then.. i think europe has a bigger chance of being flooded with refugees.. then again, if we have tropical storms on the west coast of europe, i dont know how much that will appeal to them..

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I'm not going to appologize for Bush.. look at the alternative... Have any of you self hating americans even looked at Kerry's voting record? You DO know what a voting record is, don't you?

Bush is the first president in many decades to appoint an AG who stood up to the UN and told them the USA citizen has a right to own a gun. That's right... did you know that the UN wants to disarm us, just like England? After the english banned guns, their violent crime rate shot up to 4 times that of the USA per capita. Now the violent thugs are the only ones with guns, all the english slaves are helpless.

Bush is the first president EVER to give out federal money for fetal stem cell research.

And unlike his father and most other republicans in history, Bush does have a pretty good environmental agenda. Not perfect, but far from bad.

If it's a choice between....

Turning over our national defense (check his voting record) to the "do nothing even during a genocide United Nations" like SUDAN (kerry) Give up our guns like the English (kerry)...check his Voting Record and look at who his best friends are and their Voting Record on disarmament of law abiding citizens (kerry) Those wana-be third world dictators will never get my vote.

and Bush?

Just look at their respective states?

Kerry's dictatorship?

Or the land of freedom Texas! God bless Texas!

I'll choose Bush, and do everything I can to get my state representatives to vote to protect our environment.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is unfortunate that extreamist leftists are unable to use logic and facts to support their views, and must rely instead on insults, emmotion, lies and fabricated/missleading statistics.

Where as the arguments of right wing "extreamists" are followed by pages and reams of factual citations of documents such as the U.S.A. CONSTITUTION and tables of data from respected sources such as the FBI and the Center for Disease Control. Verifiable facts. Check it out? if you want to spend a year verifying the authenticity of the conservatives' references in their articles (and I have) you'll see who is really telling the truth. eek

God Bless USA, Support Freedom, Long Live Bush, and pass out the AKs.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well, i for one, if you read my posts above, if you care, think they're all FOS. dems and kerry are no better. the line between the two political parties is more perceptual than factual. puppets! i don't buy into politics at all. to take any of them seriously is buying in to the wrong game. bush is in bed with some PACs and kerry's in bed with others. neither one is a populist. kerry was never a good choice, you'd think if they wanted to win they would've gone with a more even keeled platform, why oppose bush on EVERY issue? sometimes i wonder if they're not just putting up puppets who'll do the same thing either way. presidents don't write policies! PACs do!
"blaming the president for what's wrong is like blaming ronald mcdonald when you get a bad cheeseburger. neither of them run the company..."
but to say that bush has a good environmental record... you obviously are oblivious. i like you man but you're oblivious. cars are killing us all, and bush IS cars! coastal drilling in wetlands! melting our icecaps! polluting our air! destroying our ozone! ever heard of the van allen radiation belts? EM shielding? that's gonna go too. the magnetic belts are undergoing recent changes as well, the whole ecosystem is CONNECTED. ever hear of solar wind? grab a sailboat cause we're going for a cruise!

Page: ...