DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
im writing here because.... f&ck i dont know why. i just had the urge to procrastinate outside my journal. anyway - i need to rant about something, and if you have any thoughts of any of the multitude of ideas in this post feel free to rant back.

its done. finished. ive completed uni. 5 years of my life [an engineering & science double degree...] is finished.

how do i feel? not sure. ive immediately started work in a fantastic new job, sp perhaps havent had time to fully reflect....

live over the last 5 years had brought some remarkable changes with it. it makes me feel old now listening to teenagers talking about the trials and tribulattions they are experienceing right now - it seems so insignificant now! but at the time, its a big deal... just as what i contend with now is a big deal, and in another 5 years ill laugh at my incompetent self. ubblol

one lesson of life i have worked out is that you will ALWAYS continue to grow and develop. thats why i feel old around these kids who are 18 and think they are completely adults. its hard to explain...
i feel the same way about my growth and maturity at 18, when in now 22, as how i felt as an 18 yr old looking back at my 15 yr old self. i have learnt more about myself in my early twenties than ever before - does this continue? does this ever bottom out? in a scary way - revealing my inner-nerd, quantum physics defines this quite well.

"the more your know - the more you realise you dont!!"

in other words, as you go through life more, you realise that there is more that you do not know about. no ones perfect - you cant know everything.
what ive learnt about my close friends - is that most of them, either intentionally or obliviously, saviour the joy of learning and knowledge, which i think is a logical extension of accepting how much you dont know.

even my own growth and personal development has been different from many students in my course. for some reason - i was the kid at the start who knew why he wanted to be there. i liked maths, chem, and problem solving at school - chemical engineering is a pretty logical extension of those skills. but as i went through my 5 year course, i found myself drifting, whereas all my collegues who chose the course for no particular reason found themselves gravitating towards the topic.

discovering the world of spinning was a great help, and upon reflection caused more change than anything else.

ive always been a wandering soul - never being able to commit to much, but the people i found around spinning and juggling - the unique absurdity really resonated with me.

it has initiated a struggle with me though. do i want this hobby to dominate my life? no. rather it acts as a complimnent to my other somewhat more serious nerdy work dominated side.
but it helped me to grow inside - giving an opening to different worlds of music, art, food, and friends, that i know dont know what id do without.

i think the overall point of my thoughts this evening is the acceptance for oneself to grow. you will NEVER be the same person you think you are now. allow yourself to change and think outside the square.

i myself have been though enough crisis [crisii?] in an attempt to define myself. what ive learnt? f&ck it. dont define yourself. its much easier and much more fun to live in ambiguity. but at the core you MUST maintain optimism. theres too much pessimism in the world as it is. optimism is hard to maintain at times, but ive learnt after a while it becomes easier... and then life just gets better.

where am i now? it seems that all aspects of my life are suddenly pulling together. all of a sudden i have a fantastic job, a great group of friends, a car, im soon to move out, i have the most wonderful partner in the world who makes me happier than anyone has before ubblove [i know youll read this dear kiss ]... its strange - everthing suddenly falls into place... and i put it down to being generally happy and optimistic in the first place...

bugger it. i dont really know why i made this post in the first place. it seems pointless now. whatever.
be cool cool

luv, peace and hugz to all!
kiss peace hug2:

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
beautiful words Dentrassi
put a big smile on my face
congratulations and enjoy smile
hug

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Skinup.

wink

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug

Nice to read somthing like this on a monday morning

Its 14:00 here, i dont know why it still feels like the morning. There you go.

Thanks dentrassi

I'm happy for you

smile

now do as ucof says

Love is the law.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Dentrassi can only do what UCoF says if UCoF promises to do what Dentrassi just did.

And graduate. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
whooa deep. u made me feel warm!!

hmmm... now cold, coz i dont have that!! excl

cool. *ponders exsistance* confused

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I will try.

ubbangel

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Written by: Dentrassi

i have the most wonderful partner in the world who makes me happier than anyone has before ubblove [i know youll read this dear kiss ]...

Gee Ed! I didn't know you felt that way about me! wink tongue

Seriously though, congratulations!!! Hopefully we'll all be able to catch up at Soup Plus again sometime soon. Even if its not the Blues! tongue

Cheers!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
biggrin

Nice one Dentrassi smile Don't you just love it when everything falls into place?

love n light.
S

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
beautiful, Dentrassi smile

congratulations on all that! smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Written by:

"the more you know - the more you realise you dont!!"

and the more comfortable you are with that proposition

and the more you realise there is no one answer, just different perceptions of reality ubbrollsmile

and you realise how wonderful that is smile

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dentrassi

live over the last 5 years had brought some remarkable changes with it. it makes me feel old now listening to teenagers talking about the trials and tribulattions they are experienceing right now - it seems so insignificant now! but at the time, its a big deal... just as what i contend with now is a big deal, and in another 5 years ill laugh at my incompetent self.

one lesson of life i have worked out is that you will ALWAYS continue to grow and develop. thats why i feel old around these kids who are 18 and think they are completely adults. its hard to explain...
i feel the same way about my growth and maturity at 18, when in now 22, as how i felt as an 18 yr old looking back at my 15 yr old self. i have learnt more about myself in my early twenties than ever before - does this continue? does this ever bottom out?

In answer to the final question "I don't know" wink.

In response overall, at 25 I am learning moderation. I am learning acceptance.

I am learning how to moderate my responses to situations, not indulge myself in excessive anger or sadness. I am learning how to reach a conclusion about what is going on around me, and how I should act, without judging a person.

I am learning that life experience is not just continuous, but entirely individual and unique. I too have looked at people younger than myself and say "you don't know and haven't experienced this yet". However they already have a myriad of experiences that I don't have, and are going to learn things that I would never dream of.

There is someone in my world who makes me smile, and makes me laugh. But one of the things that makes me happiest, is that his experience is so different to mine. Often he walks with certainty in areas I am completely unsure of. In other things I get to share with him my knowledge and wisdom, and give him comfort. I like that kind of partnership. hug ubblove

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
yep - beautiful post. its funny - i'm listening to radiohead's fake plastic trees at the moment + it suits the mood of your post perfectly.
what you say is really true and i guess we can never know what we'll be like as we grow older, but one thing thats fun to do is to write down what you think you'll be like in five years + seal the writing away + read it again in years and see what parts you imagined right and what ones you got completly wrong.
anyway - great post - thanks.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
thank you all hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey man... i can empathise with a lot of your musings there. it's all about the learning and questioning. i don't think that ever ends, most philosophers are seen as old men aren't they? and juggling/spinning definately has a strange influence on life! biggrin i just hope that by the time i leave uni at the end of the year everything falls into place just as easily as it seems to have done for you !

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
beautiful hug

congrats for completing uni

so true that we never stop changing/learning, acceptance of this will make it easier to change into a happier, secure, peacefull individual, which i hope i will be able to accomplish in my life

peace/fire
lyra

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Beautiful words from a beautiful man to a beautiful community.

Beautifully done, Dentrassi!

hug2

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ed all i can say is

hug

and you forgot to mention the sydney train seats!

Step (el-nombrie)

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
Written by: duballstar

by the time i leave uni at the end of the year everything falls into place just as easily as it seems to have done for you !

i used to think i was one of those ppl who used to have everything fall in to place for them, but now its weird, im not sure. im waitin for something to happen, im not sure wot it is, or wot i want....

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Reminds me of an old Cinderella song called 'The Road's Still Long.'

(speaking of being old.....) rolleyes

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
that was one hell of a rant!, but entertaining

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

YexBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
which discipline of engineering did you take?

"Not all who wander are lost. "

J.R.R. Tolkien