Forums > Social Chat > Heads Up Queenslanders!

Login/Join to Participate

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
The li'l Dragon is in Brisbane from the 26th Dec to the 29th and I can meet people on the 28th!!!

Only catch is, that you will most likely have to come to me, as I won't have transport. And I don't know exactly where I will be yet, because as of yet, we (my parents and I) don't know where we are staying - but it will be in Brissy somewhere!

Hopefully I will be able to meet up for a twirl at some point with some people! biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
OH BUGGER!

we will be at woodford! frown

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oh no eek

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i reckon you should just go to woodford!! biggrin

get some hippie culture into ya!! ubblol it'll be fun!! and you get to meet lots of hoppers!!! biggrin

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
YAYZ!! I think I am gonna be in QLD then... but I am gonna be stuck in Harvey Bay frown any twirlers up there able to keep me sane???

New Years Eve I think I am going back to Maroochydore, so if anyone lives around there... wanna keep me sane? lol...

But Rouge, I wish I could meet up with you, but I wont be able to get to Brissy frown

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
Go the brissy! i love that place, i may be in west aussie but that wont stop me once i can leave, oh and all you people are automatically considered awesome coz your aussie i know mildy bias/favouritism, but meh what those foreigners gonna do shoot me, probably, anyway yeah! Wish i could go i know a few people you might want to get in contact withup there if ya wanna know gimme a yell.

"Only fools are positive! are you sure? Im POSITIVE"

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Oh Rouge! All the hoppers I know from brizzy will be at woodford at that time (and more hoppers from around oz and... even further i think) So come to woodford and play with us!!! grouphug

please please please!!!! bounce with sparkles on top!!! .:*

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Hey firebug... You do know that this is an international website??? wink

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I would LOVE to go to Woodford! But how much is it for a start? And the chances of my folks letting me go are pretty slim - but it's worth a try!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
COME TO WOODFORD!!!!

hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
oh my god, wow i so have to come!!

oh damn, just remembered i live in England

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
wave hanz - one quick question - why the hell are you going to be in maroochydore (of all places) for new years eve!? trust me - it would be worth the hour drive to brisbane!! ubblol

(my parents live in maroochydore - i'm allowed to say that!!) biggrin

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
and rouge - you just tell your folks that if they don't want to go, i'll take you! and why won't they let you go?! ubblol

not sure of the prices but the website will hopefully be updated by now, so you can check it out there!! and they may even have the program up now!! the website is woodfordfolkfestival.com. i'd put it as a link, but i'm feeling lazy!! ubblol

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Gita, I am going to Maroochydore for New Years as it is where we holiday for like 4 weeks. All my dads side will be there and we usually have a bit of a party in the Cotten Tree caravan park.
Why dont I come to Brissy??? My parents wont take me up there...
I hope that answers your questions.

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
biggrin really? you go there every year?? when do you go up? *devising plan to meet and play with fire in her head*

i'll be up there for christmas!! depending on the work situation, i might be up there for a few days!! mooloolaba beach is nice for a twirl...actually the beach near cotton tree would be nice too....

biggrin

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
p.s. rougie!! i got the woodford program today (well, parts thereof) adn it would appear that tuesday the 28th of december is a fine - nay, fantastic - day to go to woodford!!! biggrin

so it's settled then, i'll pick you up nice and early that tuesday morning & we'll head to woodford for the day...and night!! biggrin

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
That is so amazingly tempting! I think I might mention it to my parents tonight! biggrin

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
YAY!! biggrin look out woodford!! here comes the gita and the lil dragon!! ubbtickled

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Gita, yep, I am in QLD every year... 6 weeks at Christmas time every year, but only about 4 of those weeks are in Maroochydore.
Yeah, a meetup is alright, if it is at the cotton tree beach, but I dont have my own fire gear (I only use sock poi) and I am still a noob... so be prepared for the worst.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Dad wants to know what time i'd be getting back from it, because of "hotel committments" (im not exactly sure what that means though! lol!

but it looks like I might be able to go! bounce

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Woot... this now means you have to go post in the Woodford thread... what are you doing still here reading this... go... it's ok, I just be here reading this here racing guide... hmmm "She's a winning" in the thrid race... Rouge your still reading this... you should be posting... biggrin

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
woot! indeed! biggrin

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I'll second that woot

WOOT

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
hmm... thought I might drag this back up...
OK, I am in Maroochydore right now, have been for 3 weeks and I ahve another 2 weeks left.. PM me, email me something.. I now have my own poi and I am willing to learn/watch/whatever...

Also I am really disappointed that I couldnt get to woodford and then found out that some of the Woodford stuff was gonna be at Noosa, which isnt that far away...

Soo... if there are any twirlers able to make it near the maroochydore area, give me a holler and I will chat to the parents

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
hey, what's this about some of the woodford stuff being at Noosa? I live about 20 mins from there. I'm just a leariner so it would be great to be there!

ubbloco

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
It's been and gone, the day I found out was the day after it happened frown

And where exactly on the sunshine coast are you? Because I am currently in maroochydore, and even though i am only a beginner, I would love to meet up and help each other out.
EDITED_BY: Hanz (1105427094)