Forums > Videos > 21st Century Guardian

Login/Join to Participate

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
I just put a little diabolo vid in my gallery. Its not long, one take no muic as it was done on my digital camera but the moves not bad.

I would love to do a proper fire diabolo vid but havnt got the equipment or the editing know how.

but anyway enjoy, a lil feed back would be cool.

EDITED_BY: Ifrit (1102707895)

fire leads to creation

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
first them are sone sweet baggies you have on

BOLTS FOR EVER!

and now on to the vid biggrin

its a nice smooth action you have, but a variation on what you just did, when you are jumping round your leg using two hands....

get the string tight and bounce the diabolo back and forth on teh strings at the top if the jump, pretty much tramaplineing it off each string, causeing it to switch direction, then bounce it back

makes a really nice stall pattern

something i have been working on for a wee while biggrin

also can you do the behind the back jumps like the one round the leg

step over your line, go round the back, angle it up past your should so now you are running diagonally, and then you canm really easily suicide out from behind you

enjoy

nice vid, buut MORE!

Step (el-nombrie)

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
yeh i ca do the bounces over the top and love them. I have another much longer combo but its about 5 mb long. I could use my new gmial acount if anyone wants a look?. Its the same shitty quality image but 5 times longer. might answer your question about the btb move.

fire leads to creation

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
its not a question

its an idea for you to try out!

VERY nice move, just figuring out the best parts for me now

Step (el-nombrie)

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
well i kinda took as a question as it was worded "can you do the behind the back jumps like the one round the leg" the answer being yes i think. Do you just meen orbits around the backthen infront of the face right?

fire leads to creation

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yes
like round the leg, but from and to a btb catch

Step (el-nombrie)

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Just put another lil diabolo vid on. This time its a two diabolo trick, hyperloop with a sun in the middle.
Feeed back would be cool and yes i know the qualities still not great but its the trick thats important, that and gordons finger smile.

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
he he i do love all this pace i have in my gallery now. Just put up another lil diabolo vid this time with a little suicide trick. i wish i could do some real editing but first Ucas forms :'(

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Has any one got any diabolo vids laying around (not ones from the big sites like JiBe etc. Its just that im thinking that a need a lil bit of inspiration smile a bonus would be a fire diabolo one as ive only ever seen 1 vid with it in and id love to see some from infront rather than behind the diabolo, if you get my meaning smile

fire leads to creation

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Wasn't the EJC video enough for you? There was some amazing diabolo on there! eek

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
I know there was but it most of its 2 or 3 stuff which im not really into as much, I prefer 1. the one stuff is really good to but completly indesiferable without talking to the people doing it.

plus it would be cool to get more dibaolo vids on here anyway.

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Right i have taken matters into my own hands and rented a camera from college. Ive already got footage both of me and devil stick Russell (of the famed vid "Sticks and Socks", he’s got loads better by the way).

The vid will include a 50/50 split of diabolo and devil sticks and possibly and extra 25% of staff curtsy of Lavatwlight.

Now only the hard bit left of learning to edit and then finding a friendly person wit some bandwidth (hint hint).

Look out for one hell of a wrist trap combo from Russell and maybe alil fire diabolo two.

fire leads to creation

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i posted some helpful hints on editing with adobe a while back in the video forum which should stepen your learning curve

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?