CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Ok, first let me start by saying that the date is variable at this point.

The River City Burners, your favorite VA fire troupe, are tossing around the idea of having our very own 2-3 day fire festival!!!! Complete with camping, music, and lots of land to play on!!! All we need are you guys.....fellow spinners and the like....to show an interest and help make it happen!!! Please respond with ideas/thoughts to help us coordinate efforts, and to see if there would be people willing to travel for a super-good time.
Cheers! juggle weavesmiley weavesmiley grouphug

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I would definitely attend and I'm sure a number of others here in Charlotte NC would as well.
As for ideas, I like the Burning Man philosophy. Those who attend are the entertainment. People who come
should be able to offer something to others, fire performances, music, knowledge or just a helping hand.

Obviously safety would be an issue at an event such as this. Possibly something as simple as a competency
check for unknown fire artists or more extensive such as involvement with the local fire department.

Another event you might want to check out for ideas is Transformus (https://www.transformus.com/). It's sort of a
burning man in the woods held sometime in July or August in the North Carolina mountains.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
I'll go. I like the burning man idea but are you thinking of hiring bands to play cause that wouldn't work unless you found cool musicians who will play for free. No matter what you decide I'll definatly try and attend.

Peace, Love, Circles

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'd be down for a very long drive down.

If I'm not in Edinburgh that weekend.

smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Cool!!! It seems that we could generate some interest. I've been thinking about the music as well.......tossing around the idea of a band or two, but...at the very least, we'd have a DJ with music...like La Playa Del Fuego. Drum circles would be nice as well. I'll keep this post running, and update the progress of the festival.

Thanks!!!! ubbrollsmile

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
What GENERAL time of year were you thinking?

Spring would be nice but stay away from PDF weekend. I assume you guys will all be at that again. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Yes, of course we are planning for PDF....although I don't know the exact dates next year. Anyway, I'm thinking aroud the beginning of April. We're planning to commemorate the days when parts Richmond were burned to the ground during the civil war....hee hee.....complete with a "burn of the city", if you will...Like, instead of the phoenix, we'll burn a replica of the city. The land is, of course, historic battle fields (as is most of Va...ha ha), and we tought that theme would be fitting. That's our plan so far, of course as things develop....well, you never know.

As far as PDF....I can't wait to go to the early one, so I won't be freezing and wearing a blanket the whole time....

Anyway, cheers!! clap