• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > List of online radio stations.

Login/Join to Participate

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:OK, I'm totally behind the times I admit. I love it when a technology totally passes you by and when you finally catch up to it you're like "OH, this is cool!" and everyone looks at you like "Dude, you're like 15 months behind."

So one of my students makes me click on:
www.digitallyimported.com

And I'm like "OH, this is COOL!"
[Several different channels of electronica to chose from.]

So go ahead... tell me all of the amazing online radio stations that I've been missing out on.

Grading papers to progressive trance is so much easier. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete Topic

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:Oh yeah... and I did do a search and found a few distinct posts of a few stations... but I thought we could list them all on one thread. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Astar

Total posts: 1591
Posted:rant radio is awesome.

http://www.rantradio.com/
br>
has a spin off "rant tv" which can be watched with winamp (if you have a reasonably recent version of winamp)

http://www.ranttv.com/

Delete

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)

veteran

Total posts: 1325
Posted:Aww... I was thinking about putting Digitally Imported.com on this... frown

Damn you NYC hug

Delete

_Clare_
BRONZE Member since Oct 2002

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Total posts: 5967
Posted:I used to listen to a great radio station when I was in Auckland, NZ... www.95bfm.co.nz

it plays lots of local NZ music... and cos NZ music is amazing at the minute, that's a good thing biggrin

Also, check out Giles Peterson's Worldwide show on www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 on a Sunday night (actually, that'll probably be around Sunday afternoon time for you) - lots of great tunes from around the world (funnily enough)

Nice thread biggrin

x

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

OrangeBobo
SILVER Member since Nov 2003

OrangeBobo

veteran

Total posts: 1389
Posted:www.icebergradio.com

I don't know how good it is, it does the trick for me when I just need background noise, and am sick of hearing stuff that I know words to, and therefore sing along, thus, distracting me. Free membership, and gives loads of different kinds of kinds of music. Adds everyonce in a while, normally for PizzaPizza!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted:I had a browse through that iceberg radio site and got all excited about listening, went to sign up only to see this
Written by:

Our service is currently available to US or Canadian residents only. To register, you require a valid Canadian Postal Code or Zip Code.

Since I have no idea what canadian postal codes or us zip codes look like, I can't even lie to be able to listen frown

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

OrangeBobo

OrangeBobo

veteran

Posted:okay, Canadain postal codes are: letter number letter number letter number

For sh!ts and giggles, put in my old one L8W 3E9 (or make up your own variation, if you want)

~ Bobo

EDITED_BY: OrangeBobo (1100359516)

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted:Woohoo it works! Cheers biggrin

As far as other online radio goes, I'd recommend the bbc. There's a vast selection of music and assorted stuff you can listen to there.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

OrangeBobo

OrangeBobo

veteran

Posted:Hope you like it mate smile

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Delete

Dom
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3009
Posted:I'm a fan of Resonance FM. Although it's a bit odd for some. If you tune in and all you hear is static or beeps there isn't a technical problem - that's the music.

Delete

mech
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6207
Posted:its sydney tripple j (cheers dentrassi) and bbc uk radio1 all the way for me

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/
br>
http://www.bba.co.uk/radio1
br>
oh and kerrange uk radio

http://www.kerrangradio.co.uk/

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

bluecat

bluecat

geek, level 1

Total posts: 5300
Posted:radio magnetic . only cause i played a live set on it with ODS on saturday night...

tis lush.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Delete

...{SAFE}...

...{SAFE}...

"if i jump in the fire, will you?"

Total posts: 633
Posted:if you want to just listen to some of the best radio in the world , then 5fm is the place to find it . they were one of the 'voted best radio stations in the world' for 2003 ... take a listen ... 5fm

then im sure everyone knows , but if not ... kiss100 is an english station that has all the diferent house tunes ... kiss100

also try just listening to yahoolaunch you can pick your own play list, watch the video and bes of all you dont have to pay a single cent ! yahoo.com - launch ...

happy listening biggrin

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

Delete