Estella Greennewbie
5 posts

Posted:
i have been swinging home made led lights and store baught glowsticks [not to mention spray painted jack chains]
the thing is im thinking of moving up to fire...
to those that are expirianced please provide information for this, the funny thing is i have enough lacking common sense to wanna do this with only a few people with me [instructed on how to use a fire blanket and what to do if i screw up, and yes i will -have- a abc fire extinguisher, and thanks to medical training i have received, i will also fill them in on what to do for 1st-4th degree burns, and shock....otherwise im a braining idiot who wants to play pyromaniac]

in essance the most valueble information is how long would poi normally burn [the kevlar kind thats ordered off this site]

im thinking of using paraffin [kerosine] as a fuel since it is "safe" and controllable..
oh well i have to go please post advice, especially if it includes firesafety...

No letters were harmed in the creation of this message...

The Protologist called, They found your head...

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
There are alot of great articles on this site about firesafety and if you search you should find some more. These are what I used for info when I started spinning fire. Kerosene usually burns for about 4 minutes with my cathedral wicks. About 2 and a halffor white gas.

Peace, Love, Circles

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Have you tried to find other spinners in your area? If there close seek them out and do your first burn with them. That way you will have experienced people there for your first burn and you can concentrate on spinning, not your fire safety.

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Look through the Home of Poi Articles as a good place to start.

Estella Greennewbie
5 posts

Posted:
if i was smart enough to open a phone book id check, any body in ASTORIA or WARRENTON in oregon U.S.A?
i would highly appretiate any one giving me a "well i live in oregon in this area" kind of thing cause i think i can get a week end pass [im in job corps x.x] to portland and use their bus system
biggrin

if you dont want to list where you are spinning on this post feel free to PM it to me

No letters were harmed in the creation of this message...

The Protologist called, They found your head...

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Well I'm in Monmouth right now, I'm up in portland occasionally but I wont have a free weekend anytime soon sadly =\

I know there are burns in Portland almost every week though PM me and I can try and get you more info

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals