Forums > Social Chat > The most tasty food in the world

Login/Join to Participate

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
It's called a Judy Breakfast. Its called that since thats what me and my sister used to eat whenever we went to my grans house.

corn flakes
raisons
an apple
greek yoghurt

First fill the bowl about a third full. Then sprinkle the raisons generously over it. Now cut the apple into eighths then cut them into thirds. i find 5/8ths of an apple works best. Okay nw the bowl should be pretty dam full. Now pour the greek yoghurt so that when you mix it all together everything is covered properly. Now when all this is done eat remembering to have at least one apple piece for each mouthfull.

If youve done it properly it should taste absolutely delicious. I eat this at least twice a day recently. I felt I couldnt keep this away from the world any longer.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Sorry, it can't be as good as Nutella on toast.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
EAT IT, EAT IT!!!

(seriously thought)

Nutella is good (alright very) but after about 10 servings you start to feel a bit sick. But no, noooooooo, not with the Judy Breakfast. (I guess you could alternate between nutella and Judy Breakfast(note Judy Breakfast with capitals.)

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
The most tasty food I've had for a long time was an Uberfry-up I had while I was camping in devon over the jubilee bank holiday weekend.

Basically, we had some gammon (which we'd bought because we thought it was thin bacon - we just didn't read the packaging), some sausages and some eggs.
We ended up with fried chunks of gammon in the pan with fried sausages, then we cracked all the eggs into the pan too, to make a pan full of fried egg with bits of meat inside, then sliced it up like a pizza and ate it with copious amounts of bread and butter.

Probably not the healthiest breakfast, but since it was the first time I'd had fried food in ages, it was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had (Lack of eating for a while probably contributed too though ).

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
You guys seem to be forgetting the almighty tiramisu... it even kicks nutella's arse completely over to the other side of the galaxy.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
Cassandra is not going to be happy with you splat.
the nicest thing i have ever eatened was rum and rasin icecream mixed in with macadaina nuts, mmmmmmmmmm
that and red wine

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Mmmmmm foooooood!
Splat, I gotta dissagree about Tiramisu, the best dessert ever is:
fresh strawberries covered in melted Toblerone(sp?)(left in the fridge to go hard again).
As a munchie-king I've tried many deserts and this is a winner.
rubs belly and looks over at the fridge

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
i cant believe you would ever consider anything to be greater than chocolate (splat and firemorph excused) id say a Judys breakfast WITH chocolate in it somewhere would be very yummy indeed.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
mmmm... macadamia nuts... okay so nothing beats tiramisu, served with deliciously choclatey creamy chocolate rum and raisin... maybe with white chocolate melted and left to go hard again in the freezer over the top of some strawberries. And mango.

*stomach growls menacingly*

I've been making like 15-ingredient desserts recently in an attempt to get some meat on my bones for a trip to new zealand... its not working so far but its definitely giving me lots of opportunities to go crazy with decadence

You simply *can't* forget the red wine. That, of course, would be a terrible, tragic mistake in itself. Moreso than not being able to finish eating the masterpiece due to bloated stomach.

*Also off to rummage in the kitchen*.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Having done a search for food, cooking and recipies with no luck i thought i should at least post this in a loosely related topic.

Im meant to be cooking risotto for someone on Thursday but have actually never cookied it before and was wondering if anyone had any advice or yummy variations. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ok, I feel cheated. The thread is called "the most tasty food in the world".
I think "oooh!" I click and lo and behold its some rabbit food crap!! Raisins?!! Apples?? cornflakes and greek yoghurt?!!
Thats not even mildly tasty!! It's ok if you feel like being healthy.
Pah, what a disappointment.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
*passes Jo some chocolate to calm her down* xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Vixen

Im meant to be cooking risotto for someone on Thursday but have actually never cookied it before and was wondering if anyone had any advice or yummy variations. xxx

I learned to cook risotto from Jamie Oliver books - its probably the dish he does best.

The 3 most important things are:

1) The taste will heavily depend on the quality of the stock. I'd say either make your own or buy the tubs of stock you can find in butchers, delis or even some supermarkets. Its the most important bit!

2) use risotto rice (otherwise it can take *ages*)

3) throw a generous glass of vermouth in before you start adding the stock and let it boil off (the flavour that remains is intense)

Good luck!

Will

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Oooh risotto...!

I have no idea, but follow the directions on the packet, cook gently, and make sure its moist, not too wet or dry you're on to a winner.

Any sort of smallish chopped/diced veg is good in a risotto, and if you have any leftover meat from a Roast, its a great way to use up leftovers.

Anybody else have recipes to share?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Thank you WIll! *kiss* xxx

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
thanks Vix!! hug you just reminded me that I have chocolate cake in the fridge with cream! also i bought some green and blacks chocolate yesterday!! wooo!! biggrin now Thats what I call tasty!! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
hehe... a bacon sarnie is what i call tasty!

There is most deffo a recipes thread somewhere out there. I just couldnt find it. xxx

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Vix I've got a really good rissotto recipe at home, I'll dig it out for ya and post tomorrow! biggrin

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
that would be great hun. Im cooking tomorrow so that means ive got enough time to panic, and get all the ingredients! He wants parma ham and asparagus with it tho.... i dont know what to do with an asparagus! xxx

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ubblolAspargus is in season at the moment so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it, try and get it fresh from a green grocer if you ca, if not supermarket stuff will do fine.

When cooking it you need to only cook the ripe part- the rest is all stodgy and bitter.

The best way to do this is to hold the asparagus at either end and bend it gently until it snaps.

The place it snaps is the bit you need to discard and only cook the top bit.

smile

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
bloody vegetables. mad
chocolate and fattening stuff! thats what momma bear wants!:D

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
I made a really exciting Japanese risotto recently - swapped butter for sesemae (sp?) seed oil, stock for dashi, onions for spring onions and vermouth for sake.

Surprisingly, it works very well.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Went for a Yo! Sushi meal with my friend yesterday. Expensive but deceptively filling....

Bring on the Wasabi!!! (Could be the new Tigerbalm... biggrin)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Im sorry but a Black Forest Cherry Gateaux pwn-zors jo_0 all!

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Went for a Yo! Sushi meal with my friend yesterday. Expensive but deceptively filling....

Bring on the Wasabi!!! (Could be the new Tigerbalm... biggrin)

Except people at raves probably wouldn't appreciate you rubbing it into their temples for them.

drofkcahSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
best food ive ever had would have to be my mums Roast Beef, with all the trimings!!

I am a sig virus place me in you sig so that i can continue to replicate

Rgds Drofkcah

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
bread and butter biggrin

warm , fresh bread with lashings of butter tongue

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

mr_tamborien_boymember
33 posts
Location: Leeming, Perth, Western Australia, Australia, worl...

Posted:
aggreed

"Shine on you crazy diamond"