Page:
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Edit: Ive now decided to turn this in the Xbox thread in general as I want ot ask another question and not start a new topic.

Im a good boy arent I? wink

Is that a helpful Title? smile

it is relevant?

*side note: at least NYC will post in here too now. I love reading that mans words. Its like literature at its greatest*

*side note n.b 2: New idea for next thread of undivided attention*

offtopic

Is anyone else slightly excited by the release of Halo2 on t' Xbox?

It should be a mighty fine game.

Ive heard talk of you being able to fire two different guns at the same time independantly without contradicting yourself.

smile

Ive already gone down to Game and pre ordered myself a game and its the first game I have ever preordered too, without having to go into the shop dressed as a character from the game I wanted to preorder.

I always thought those people at PC World were all taking the piss..... umm

Oh...and Vice City: San Andreas is out now on the Playstation 2 now too.

EDITED_BY: Unattractive Cranky Old Freud (1109172071)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
two guns - at once?

Can you like move your eyeballs seperately too?

I had my own strategy at GTA. It was called: "Hijack as many car/trucks/fire-engines/trains as you could, part them all up together, then get as many pigs chasing you as possible, lead them into your massive pile up and then shoot one car so the whole lot exploded."

very satisfying.

Shortly followed by the back up strategy: "Run over as many cops as possible by stopping when they're chasing you, waiting till they get out of the car, then running them over." (High Score = 18 (in 2 minutes))

I don't have a driving license. frown

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
ohkay....ive been playing the cracked french version of halo 2 for about a month and half now. it came out yesterday and yea my dumb ass friends waited in line for three hours after the mall closed to get it at 12:01 and then played it till about 5 that morning. i think the only reason they stopped was due to the fact that they had to goto work. the halo 2 soundtrack is freaking awesome and should be out for sale soon...no the bs soon that mircosoft gave everyone with the game, like in a few weeks soon.

side note, anyone hear anything about EQ2? (everquest)

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I've lost the last week to Halo 2. My professors are mad. But hey, I love the game.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
got this yesterday.

i never need go outside my front door again.

yowza

Love is the law.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I completed it last night smile

So when is Halo3 out?

The ending of 2 did[i/] make me go umm though....

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
pooo ending rolleyes and i tought there was something to gain for kicking all this ass wink

Still not completed, however we get live kit today so will be able to play all you peeps soon biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
XboX Live is amazing!!!!

biggrin

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
im going to have to get my xbox ties to my machine now, and then get halo 2

i HATE not having moeny!

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
So do I.

I battered my debit card this weekend.

rolleyes

and I got a statement from the bank yesterday too which didnt have this weekends purchases on. frown

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Unsaturated Carpets Of Freedom

XboX Live is amazing!!!!

biggrin

Ill be seeing you the weekend Mr UCOF wink

***thas if live is easy to setup***

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Live is a piece of Piss.

Im (suprisingly) on as Ucof.

I need to set up another account though....thankfully Halo2 comes with a 2 month free trial.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
well i get paid about a lot, and i have saved over 3/4 of that into diff account for my over dafts and have spent the rest already, so im going to plug in my xbox tonight and see if i can get it to see my network, and if it does then i should be able to use ICS to get it to work! biggrin

plus i have unreal championship to play online biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i've no idea what your talking about mech.

look out for ado-p on xbox live.

coming soon to a living room near you...

Love is the law.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i said i have no money cos i have saved over 3/4 of my pay cheque

and im going to have to use the Internet Connection Sharing on my pc to get broadband to my xbox....

Step (el-nombrie)

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
ah, its the second bit that made no sense....

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Connection sharing - pain in arse Mech - get a router biggrin

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i have got one, but its not an adsl gateway, thus meaning i would have to hve my pc on anyway!

thus negating the router!

so i might as well just use ics for a wee while untill i can get my fingers on a router!

Step (el-nombrie)

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i never understood the hype with halo or halo 2, it all seemed like it had been so many time before, halflife, doom etc, it was nothing particukar special, and the hype went a bit crazy

now san andreas, thats a different story!! whoa!!!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Philistine!!!!

Love is the law.

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
I'm on live as puresock. Halo 2 rocks quite hard indeed.

Won't be on for a while though, as I've just got Half Life 2 on my PC biggrin

"Take that, math!"

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
pyrowill was stuck in eth crimson room for ages, just goes to show you that xbox users are far superior, and could get out in under 2-3 mins!

he was in there for nearly a whole day wink

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
well i have now got myslef an adsl router, ands have since set up my home network again, with my adsl router, feeding my pc, xbox live, and has attached an extra router just in case, and my wireless a b and g access point, for that totaly pointless thing of sharing my broad band

and beofre you all say how shite and unsecure it is, its WEP encripted to 64bit, and also its MAC address acceptance, ie you have to be in the mac list to acess the access point biggrin

and its much harder to spoof a mac addy than a wep key biggrin

so all is good...

so my live id is mechhead15 and my clan is the Burning Banshies

im currently rated as a level 3 althought i dont know how, and i still say rockets, pistols and powere swords ar eth eonly weapoins you need!

played a well nice mele match with pistols and swords, no shields on sunday night, shame it was a rumble pit and not a clan match!

Step (el-nombrie)

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I would be playing Halo 2, but I'm to freaking addicted to Half Life 2.

*shakes* I realized that I got a free copy with my Radeon 9800 and I freaked out. Anyone else play it? Or are you all Halo 2 junkies ubblol Not that it's a bad thing of course.... ubbloco

Counterstrike: Source for LIFE!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
both of them are not big and not clever

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Well I think that the whole fact that if an explosion happens next to you, you can't hear anything in your speakers (ears...) except a high pitch ring. I also think the fact that physics actually means something, and helps during some puzzles.

True, the AI in Half life 2 isn't all that spectacular, but the mouth-muscle/voice connection is amazing. I took my earphones out and tried to read lips... yeah. it worked. I was like "DUDE! AWESOME!!"

The water effects are a very big plus.
The stained glass, the glass, the rippling glass is good looking.
The fire effects, THROUGH water is amazing. (That's in the benchmark provided with CS: Source I believe).

All in all, I don't think anything is going to get me away from my computer for a while. Except christmas... which hopefully will contain a bigger hard drive, and more ram (512 isn't cutting it anymore).

*swivels chair to get on gaming computer and starts playing Half Life* ubbloco
Kinudin

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
mmm, half life 2 is good. i havent seen faces that good in an animation since the final fantasy movie.

Halo 2 was too short, too much of the same stuff over again, but still rather pretty. needs more stuff in it though.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i'm glad to se ethat this thread has been hijacked with halflife2 discussion biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
and I had nothing to do with it...

smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i watched one of the half life movies a few days back, and from what i can see to beat the game, you only need the pistol and the maniplator gun!

Step (el-nombrie)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
hl2? The gravity gun is pretty cool, it really shows off the nice physics. Unfortunately however hard you throw a breeze block at someone it doesn't harm them, so gravity gun isn't so much useful for killing people. The normal pistol is a bit poo, but iirc one of the promo vids uses the magnum pistol not the normal one, which is great, but there's hardly any bullets around for it frown

Page: