_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
I finally got my rainbow globugs from HOP, and they don't seem to be as bright as they should be, is there any brightness adjustment button or something?
it says that they can operate 24 hours on full brightness...

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
they're bright enough if you're in complete darkness. any surrounding light just detracts from their brightness though.

i don't think there's anything adjustable though, as i already pulled mine apart to have a look biggrin

if you want really bright glo poi i suggest electro-glo's from juggleart.com. they are very bright indeed, with the most amazing trails. i think they cost about aus$70

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

MEERCATBRONZE Member
A Meerkat that eats chicken
194 posts

Posted:
I have just ordered those and i am still waiting am i gonna regret buying them

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
no, they're good, but you need to be in almost complete darkness...

MEERCATBRONZE Member
194 posts

Posted:
good i cant wait to get them.....come to think of it they should have arrived already usually HOP delever really fast, way faster than it is suppose to frown weavesmiley

SamuelGOLD Member
22 posts

Posted:
I got my rainbow globugs last week, I've barely used them and probably never will. I was REALLY disappointed with the brightness... I mean the red and blue are put to shame by the really cheap LED sticks sold here, and the green looks like they've actually just been switched off. Even in total darkness it barely shows up at all.

I'm not a happy chappy frown

So the electroglos are good? I've heard the LEDs can be a bit iffy sometimes.

Also, has anyone tried out the Oddballs glow poi? What's the brightness/durability like on those?

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Electroglos are quite bright. I must say though, I've broken a few pairs of them - They've replaced them for free, and the latest version is quite sturdy and even brighter than before with refractive film to brighten them up. I have the Green, Blue, and Rainbow (7 color strobing) LEDs, and I can recommend them all. The 7 color strobing LEDs aren't near as bright as the blue/green, but still decent. The blue are probably my favorites.

SamuelGOLD Member
22 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, I guess I'll go for the blue electroglos. Ideally I'd get one blue/one green, is that possible?

MEERCATBRONZE Member
194 posts

Posted:

<<<<<<<<<

SamuelGOLD Member
22 posts

Posted:
I just got a PM from Kombi guy, he thinks they got a batch with flat batteries so hopefully that's all it is.

*prays that they actually will look as cool as they do in the pics*

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Hey Samuel, yes we have noticed a few sets of the globug poi here at HOP central that have been slightly dimmer than the others, not alot though! and on the flip side many many people have sent us feedback of how they are totally happy with them. We do test them before they are sent with the daily orders, however they do come pre assembled and like any pre assembled product with batteries included we are unsure about how new the batteries are when our supplier sends them to us.. I have placed some new batteries in the post to you so you can test your set with new batteries. In the email you sent me you stated that you hadnt tried replacing the batteries, soooooo unfortunately it sounds like you may have received a set with flattish batteries. Like alot of LED products the darker the conditions the better when in use.
Hope this helps Samuel, can you let me know the results once you try the new batteries. We are trying to not have to many in stock at one time so as they dont sit here very long and have the chance to go flat. I will also email our supplier and inform him of this issue so he can do his best to always provide the product with new fresh batteries.
Cheers
Chris. weavesmiley

MEERCATBRONZE Member
194 posts

Posted:

Yay looking foward to getting my globug poi now....but i have to re-order frown

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
I just got mine, and they look pretty decent- I took them into my bedroom and killed the lights- pretty impressive:) Of course, I didn't get the chance to compare them to my other glowbugs, we shall see come christmas..

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
thanks god ive just this min ordered some....i was bit scared halfway tho this thread but im ok now.I trust hop not to rip me off..
thanks guys
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Bobbiestranger
2 posts

Posted:
Juggleart have brought out color changing ones that are so much brighter than the gooble ones.

peles_paynimSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
oh my garage...you must try quantum leashes from www.neonhusky.com they are amaaaaaaazing!

real eyes
realize
real lies