Page:
RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
Has anyone been to the temple of poi website. Well it made me sick when I went there today. It is a site for a poi teaching place or whatever you want to call it. I don'tknow about everyone else but charging upwards of $900 for a week of poi training seems like an insult to the art to me. Online lessons are $90 for 6 begginner classes and $10 a move, one move, for advanced moves. I'm sorry but I find this wrong. On this site the workshops people can go to in England seem to be 3 pounds a head to cover rental fees of the space or else its free. Thats what this art is about, sharing, meeting others not making money. If other classes and stuff cost this much please correctme but i will still find them to be utterly ridiculus. It's giving poi to the masses making mass-produced spinners. I don't want to start any drama but I find this to be really F***ed up. Glittergirl who runs the site and academy is a wonderful spinner but i can't agree with having poi taught in tae bo/pilates style classes. It justgoes aginast all the reasons I like poi.

Peace, Love, Circles

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
Written by: Astar

I will consider poi ruined when their are people who feel the need to wear t-shirts with some short and clever phrase written in high contrast large letters expressing that they aren't like the poi spinners at the adjacent open space who are wearing t-shirts that show a picture of a famous DJ spinning oversized fire wicks with glowsticks attached halfways up the chain, photographed with an extended exposure.

with a line "boi p0i" or somethng.

Personally, Im not going to let these people invade my outdoor spinning space. But I may wear a paper bag over my head while I spin.

mate of mine has a tshirt, black, with white writing 'F*** me, im a DJ' on it.

Just for a laugh, i was going to get one with 'Dont F*** him cos he's a DJ' on the front, and 'F*** me, i spin fire' on the back. but i didnt.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
After reading all these posts I do not regret starting this thread. I feel that my veiws have been justified. Spanner I agree totally with your responses. I think it sums up alot of poiple's feelings. Oh and MiG I too was going to make a t-shirt about poi just because its something I love and I want to share it with others. Also someone else who spins might notice it.

Peace, Love, Circles

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I have a t-shirt with a friend of mine in Cambodia spinning staff on it.

It's his silhouette with a perfect fire circle behind him.

I like it cos it's a good picture and because people ask what it is - yet another excuse to tell people about fire dancing biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

Page: