Forums > Social Chat > 30 Things Guys Want Girls To Know!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i thought that this was just totally ace and had to share it

1. We're not as perverted as you think we all are.
2. No matter what YOU say, your ex-boyfriend IS a LOSER.
3. We like you to give us hugs and kisses sometimes too.
4. Don't argue with us when we call you beautiful.
5. Don't treat us like crap, what goes around comes around.
6. We know you're pretty, that's one of the reason's we're going out with you.
7. Don't go into detail about your period. It scares us.
8. If you have cramps and we ask you what's wrong, just tell us it's that time of the month and nothing more.
9. If you really liked us for us, you would let us think that our mustache, beard, or sideburns looked cool.
10. We never shave our legs. So get over it.
11. NEVER ask us if you can put makeup on us. It's just wrong............
12. Don't make bets about us, because one of your friends will tell us, if you don't.
13. When we tell you that you're not fat, believe us.
14. We absolutely do not care about the Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, 98 Degrees, or what any other guy looks like for that matter.
15. We may not be able to pee accurately all of the time, but at least we can stand up and go pee.
16. Just cause you think you're always right, doesn't mean that you don't have to apologize when you do something "wrong."
17. You expect us to say and do sweet things for you, but it would be nice if you did the same every once in a while. We like to know that you love us.
18. We can't always be spontaneous, so try to help us make the plans sometimes.
19. Don't ask us to beat up another guy for you, cause you might get what you wish for.
20. Never kick us in the nuts "just to see what we would say". That's just mean.
21. Never pretend like you are going to break up with us and laugh when we believe you.
22. Pamela Anderson's boobs aren't fake anymore, but we like yours better anyway.
23. Size doesn't matter, except to idiots who don't want a relationship.
24. PMS is not an excuse.
25. If you want us to put the seat down when we're done, you should put it up when you're done.
26............ Don't tell us how cute your ex-boyfriend was. That doesn't turn us on.
27. And always remember: The way to a guys heart is through his stomach..... and maybe....oh nevermind.
28. NEVER ask us to kiss other guys. You might be that comfy with your friends, but to us it's just wrong.
29. We always notice how funny it is after your rip out our heart, stick it down our throat and still want to be friends.
30. And last but not least: We know you're not always right, but we'll pretend like you are anyway.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I just want to know why i'm not allowed to have quiet days. It suddenly turns into the world and his wife wanting to know what's wrong. I'll be at home watching TV and my wonderful man will turn round and say -" Are you OK, you seem a bit quiet - what's wrong!" and i'll say -"nothing" meaning it but it always comes out as the "nothing" you say when there's something huge wrong when there's not. I've just learnt to react with the classic line:

- "You're quiet today whats up?"
- "i'm concentrating on pulling my g-string ouit of my ass"

People normally shut up then. Although my bloke has learnt that when i say nothing is wrong then nothing is worng and he won't question me any further. So if i do pull the "When we are sulking or in a bad mood.... if you ask us whats wrong and we say "nothing" the idea is you keep asking! xxx " it doesn't work as he just leaves me to get on with it.

Oh, and i don't get PMS so i don't think it's a valid excuse but on the other hand if i did get it then it probably would be!

Gayle.....!

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
'When we are sulking or in a bad mood.... if you ask us whats wrong and we say "nothing" the idea is you keep asking... not always, sometimes it annoys the buggery out of me when I say nothing and they keep asking... would you guys really like to know the ins and outs of our bad moods??? not always... but sometimes when we tell you you complain about it... make up your minds.

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
Written by:

I'm bored = Do you want to have sex?

ubblol

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
hey, that goes for girls too you know...

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
good to know

-Alfred Dorfer

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Quote from a website

"In her class "The Positive Power of PMS", Nancy Conger states: "Studies show that a negative attitude about one's body and menstrual cycle is a major factor in PMS. There are times in your cycle when emotional and physical sensitivities are on high - but it is sensitivity to all emotions and sensations, both positive and negative. If your mind set is that your cycle is a curse, you may only perceive it negatively when changes occur. Some women have found relief from PMS in just changing how they value and honor their femininity."
Acknowledging the powerful shifts that occur in our bodies and spirits is tough in a society that expects us to put on our white swim suits and hide away what is happening inside of us. The days in our cycle when blood flows is an integral part of being a woman, and viewing that openly and without shame gives us the chance to be strong, unstoppable beings. In other times, the girl at menarche received special gifts and meals. The menstruating woman was considered a powerful and honored being, as was the woman who had moved past her menstruating years. Now those are attitudes we like!"

more here

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
" no you may not pluck our nipple hair ! it hurts !"
mad

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
All of this makes me sad.

I'm always totally honest in my relationships and expect my partners to be so too.

This whole "I'm saying this but mean this and will say this to make you feel that" is manipulative and dishonest. I had a few relationships like that when I was much younger and hated them.

Since then I've had really beautiful honest relationships with beautiful honest people.

If you're ever lucky enough to have an honest relationship, you'll never go back to the dishonest manipulative ones.

Say what you mean.
Mean what you say.
Listen to each other.
Be devoted to being honest and communicating.
Find out what your partner wants and give that to them,
Tell your partner what you need and expect that from them.
If you love someone, then their feelings and desires should be as important as yours.

If you are dating someone who lies to you about how they are feeling or manipulates you by not saying what they mean then they are not showing you the most basic of respect.

This whole "Us vs. Them" "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars" crap puts a great divide between men and women that is totally unnecessary. I respect that there are different societal influences on Men and Women. I repect that we are ALL different.

Women are from Earth, Men are from Earth.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
dude u missed a bit its
women are from earth, men are from earth, deal with it

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I didn't think that went with the mushy tone of the rest of my text. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
i agree with you NYC
but sadly it doesnt work that way and i really dont think that things will change soon,

so if we can make jokes about this, why not?

-Alfred Dorfer

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I agree with NYC as well.

Konsti, why do you think things don't work that way? I've noticed that as I get older, they sure do. Maybe it is an age thing? At some point in your life, you realize it's really stupid to not upfront with your partner. Lies in my book have always been a bad thing, but just letting someone know how you feel is actually very positive.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
mushy is as mushy does ......... *shrugs*

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: the badger with a troubled past and nothing left to lose /Konsti

i agree with you NYC
but sadly it doesnt work that way and i really dont think that things will change soon,

so if we can make jokes about this, why not?

I'm all for jokes. I understand generalizations and steriotypes.

But it really DOES work that way. I've had really honest and true relationships with amazing people. Sometimes they don't work out for other reasons, but I'm still amazingly good friends with some of them. (And not with others wink )

If you and your partner choose to have an honest relationship, it DOES and HAS worked that way.

ubblove

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
ok,

i maybe im a bit biased cause i have been left, a bunch of times, with my heart being shredded, by some fake, manipulative bi@tch. (i have learned not to get into these kinda situations anymore)

and i am always honest about my feelings.

theoretically, if im not cool with my girl running around in a miniskirt, while dancing on some table, with some bloke, in some bar, where i showed up unannounced cause the concert got canceled,

im going to tell her that and hope she will understand me.

but on the other hand i have figured out that if my girl is not cool with me meeting a female friend from my old school for coffee, shes not gonna tell me but she is going to ignore my calls, be horrible to me, and not tell me whats on her mind...

im not talking about anything or anybody specific, im just speaking from my experience from my own relationships and the relationships of my friends

-Alfred Dorfer

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Don't forget i do love you but i not ready to marry yet Even if we don't say these things ..... Don't pushg the issue

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
See? This is why I love sleeping with men.

"Hey, wanna go screw?"
"Sure!"
"Awesome. My place or yours?"

Simple, civilized, efficient, effective. wink

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
ubblol

the man has a point...

-Alfred Dorfer

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
What... why are men never that simple to me! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
you haven't met the right guy vixen!! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Guys dont realise when straight up honesty is needed and when its more sensitive to take a less direct approach. If a girl really wants to have guys bluntly proposition them, I think they know how to behave. Its just that most girls want to still maintain their pseudo image of un-attainability thus they arent as forward and obvious. Its a trade off and its their choice.

Vixen, now that I know, next time I pass through England, I'll stop by for some straight up honesty... wink

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
what do you mean my "psudo image"? I AM unattainable ubblol
ubbangel

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
regarding NYCs "women are from earth, men are from earth" post a while back.

while true, it is also true that males and females are brought up in two significantly different cultures, and therefor place significantly different emphasis on meanings. even clear, distinct, informative conversations between men and women suffers from this, and the more you fail to recognize the difference in male and female culture, the more you beleive those differences don't exist, the more likely you are to completely misinterpret what someone from the opposite sex culture is saying.

Now some people are more cross sex-culteral than others. Ever read "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"? While I think about 40% of what he says in that book is crap, I do think at least 40% of it is very enlightening, and he does an increadible job of very succinctly describing the core problems in male-female relationships with his supposition that men and women are from different cultures and fail to recognize that fact when dealing with each other. Although I've always thought of myself as having more feminin traits than most strait males, reading that book definitely brought home to me that I am difinitively a Martian. I do have some of the traits he ascribes to Venesians, but in basic, core, you-have-to-pick-one-side-for-me-to-belong-to terms, I'm a Martian. The same is true even for most gay guys I know (though I can't be sure about all of them...). And in terms of that book, Earth is the place where Martians and Venesian meet and inexplicably forget they come from different cultures and therefor forget that what they think they are saying in clear and direct terms actually mean something completely different in the other culture. And they also forget that when they hear someone from that other culture speaking, they are taking what that person says in the context of their own culture, and not the speakers.

The result?

total thermonuclear destruction.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

wingrdMember
18 posts

Posted:
It's at the point when girls turn into women they understand there inability to deal with PMS, and then treat others badly has no long term positive effect and causes more unhappiness in all relationships then the man forgetting their anniversary.
For this reason I never date women with PMS issues, they deal with it or censored off - treat me with disrespect and you’re history!!

So I’m voting for “not an excuse”

D

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Vixen

OR... maybe you're just attracted to the wrong kind of guy.

I think looking back at the kind of people we have been attracted to is VERY telling of who we are and what we've been doing right or wrong.

If you're always finding yourself dating 'b!tches' then YOU are doing something wrong. If you're always dating guys who treat you like crap then YOU need to start dating better people. biggrin

I've been totally guilty of that as well so I'm not preaching.

Sometimes we are initially attracted to certain things and people that aren't actually good for us in the long run.

Sometimes you need a bit of perspective to decide that someone is right for you.

In college I joked with myself that if I was single, and got stuck in an elevator with a girl for 12 hours, after we got out we'd be dating for the next two years.

It's important for me now to 'step back' and see if I really want to date that person before my loyalty and commitment instincts step in.

I was talking to Cantus recently and said something like "Everybody looks cute when they're in your bed." For me, I'm so loyal to my partner that once I've kissed someone, they become the most important person. For me, it's necessary to step away and say "Wait a minute, is THIS the right person for me?"

Sometimes it's hard to get out of the bed once you've gotten in. That's why people stay with abusive men and manipulative women.

Be careful in whom you're attracted to. And be AWARE of WHY you are attracted to someone. Again, all a subsection of honesty, with yourself and with your partner.

I've learned to be more critical and objective in the area or romance... And it's made all the difference. ubblove

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
clap

Well said NYC. That is exactly what i did nearly 2 years ago. I got out of the crap 4 1/2 year relationship and it took me two years to do it - each time the words would be on the tip of my tongue and i knew i wanted out but each time i tried to go i ended up staying. But once i did it and it was so hard - that was it i re-evaluated what i wanted and needed to be happy and i now have a guy who is brilliant.

Gayle.....!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Written by: Vixen

I'm sure we'd all love to be that simple and strait forward with you Vixen, but we are also pretty sure we'd get slapped silly if we did - even after you ask a question like that!

-v-

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So, NYC, allow me to distill your rather wordy post down to a simple statement:

NYC=Serial Monogamist.

ubblol wink

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Written by:

So, NYC, allow me to distill your rather wordy post down to a simple statement:

NYC=Serial Monogamist.

er - the mormans call that "serial polygamy" actually - a little insider joke they have, since they can't be parallel polygamists anymore...

-v-

Page: ...