Page:
mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

and have found nothing on thsi topic, or nothing of help!

does anyone on here do this, any tips , im looking to buy maybe three bottles, and was wondingthe pros and cons of teh most commons bottles

does anyone have agood site to buy from?

any other info would be helpfulcheers ppl hug

Step (el-nombrie)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I think it is Dube that carries a couple of videos as well.

Don't forget that working with the cups is just as important as the bottles, learn artistic pouring styles as well, glass work (like pyramids and balances) and that mixing the drinks is what it is about (if you intend to get behind a bar with it).

Having liquid in them not only gets you used to the weight but also the "slosh" factor, when the liquid moves during hand spins and throws.

I love flair.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ditto well said Pele, in the end when it comes to Bar Flairing remember that its also called peformance bartending, the whole point is to entertain the customer and pour their drink, so thereofure u have to know there are some tricks that just arent possible due to liquid spillage etc, if your free and not got any jobs to do might aswell play around iwth some empty bottles then but if its the customer that need serving, flair all you like just dont forget why your doing it wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ill expain some more about technicue, style and approach at teh workshop in falmouth....

i find it a litle hrder to expalin on the net, as to why you should minimise thorws, flips and spins behind a bar unless you are either in a contest, or trying for a title.....

it once again comes downto tech or style, more to follow, i have to do some work

Step (el-nombrie)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i will bring a good old vodka bottel to fal

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
does that mean i can bring one less? taking it from 7 to 6?

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no, take them will

mint sauce, what i would suggest is that you wrap your bottle in silver gaffa tape, it will stop it smashing and glass going every where

i knwo it will make it ugly s sin, but if you get glass smashed every where tahts it game over

Step (el-nombrie)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
well not really gaee over, its more like in resident evil when you get injurred you start limping, you'll be like leon

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
AWW BUT I LIKE TEH FEELING OF BAIR GLASS ON MY HANDS

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
but im sure you would like the glass to stay in one piece on your hand, not stuck in it, or stuck in your eye

dont be stupid, tape it, or you might regret it

(this is s ticking point) i hate poeple who practice with glass bottles and are all "it wont break, i only practice iwth glass " Blah blah blah [censored]

Step (el-nombrie)

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
There's an English contact juggler who's name I can't spell but is pronounced Yoo-in. Sheesh that's wierd, how do you spell that Euan maybe?

He did a flair workshop at the Dublin convention last year... I'm sure DevKev knows who he is, he teaches barmen in Scotland sometimes I think....maybe he can help...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
wow sorry mech was only saying im not like that just far to lazy your point is lotaly valid if i could afford a flair bottel i would get one. im no good at flaring and have broken many a bottel and tolay see your wisdom was. any hoo it wont fit in my bag to much stuff

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
flair ottles are like 17 notes, 24 i think with a shaker tin, and we will be howinghow to work with a shaker tin as well

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
*cough*

BUY ME! biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I'm a poor nurse with no money 17 is a lot!!!! biggrin

am looking forward to learning a lot smile I cant do anything with the shaker comes into the whole 2 things in hand makes it juggling and I cant juggle no matter how hard I try (been trying for the last 2 years) frown frown

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
there is an easy way to lern tojuggle that i will show you if you like?

Step (el-nombrie)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
lol so amny peole have said that to me but i still cant do it if i can juggle by the end of falmouth i will give you £5

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
can you do two balls in one hand?

and you juggle in any way two balls in the same hand?

Step (el-nombrie)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
no

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
then learn that

dont learn to juggle three, learn to juggle two in one hand

it takes about two hours to get up to three balls using y method

ill teach you to do coloums, then crcles, and then you work on both hands, and you have every basic pattern you will need for three balls

Step (el-nombrie)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
k got to go groom will find 3 balls to work with. i will strt on the 2 ball thing as soon as im showerd and ready

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Anyway this is a Flairing thread wink i need to buy a new bottle and shaker! mch i got a real nice trick to show u

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok show me

can you pass bth?

Step (el-nombrie)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh from a throw right?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yeah, imworking in tryingto get it nice andtight bth

Step (el-nombrie)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Yeh i realised i kept catching it ont he body of the bottle so sorted that into looking good by throwing say from right hip height to bth grab with left hand bthand then just bringing it round in a circular motion from head left kinda like a flower to a btb throw to the right side again

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
spesh, best i can do is a btb right hand throw from the hip to a back left hand stall at shoulder level

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thats quite nice if i can see it how i think it.......

im loving continious pours to bh stalls

Step (el-nombrie)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh have u tried shaker in left hand but hold it behind your head and throw bottle up from right side and catch to pour into shaker from behind thehead, thats a nice one

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
show me and i iwll clap

i have cut into my finger a couple of days ago, on the tip, so i cant use that hand....(hopfully this will cover how shite i will be at play)

Step (el-nombrie)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
wear a big bandage that you dont take off

Gets sympathy vote, plus you dont have to display ace talents

Or you could just diplsay you ace talents and get videoed with Soph in the background so I can look at her lovelinessness. hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Page: