Page: ...
mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

and have found nothing on thsi topic, or nothing of help!

does anyone on here do this, any tips , im looking to buy maybe three bottles, and was wondingthe pros and cons of teh most commons bottles

does anyone have agood site to buy from?

any other info would be helpfulcheers ppl hug

Step (el-nombrie)

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:
Hey mech.

Yeah been flaring since the summer. As addictive as poi. Met a couple of guys when i was down surfing in newquay. Just finished a bottle of vodka before we went out 1 night and the guys that were camping next to us grabed the bottle and started doing all kinds of crazy $hit. For the rest of the week thats all i did. Or tried to do. The tops of my hands were red raw. But no matter how much it hurt i couldn't put the bottle down.

I found a good site that i got a plastic bottle off. perfectly weighted. Just like a proper bottle but they are impossiblt to brake. I'll try and find in and post it here.

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:
Right dude, go on to www.drinkstuff.com and type in flair on the search engine, at the bottom of the page there is a practice bottle very similiar to the 1 that i got. Seriously man this bottle helps no end. Instead of worrying bout smashing the bottle you can drop this as much as you like. With that pressure off you its supprising how much quicker you pick things up.

Hope that helps man. Enjoy. Any other questiuons feel free to ask.
wink

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i was working in a bar a while back, and we went through vodka bottle like crazy, so i used them for practice and got some rather nice combos going on, but now im thinking its time once again to get back into it i did find

these bottles

and eqp from here

and they ship to the uk

here is the site for the flairo bottles you have

what i was looking at yesterday is the SKKY Vodka purple bottle, so i thnik its a closer design to the vodka bottles in this country, few vodka bottles i have seen behind bars (and lets face it they are always cheep vodka bottle s in night clubs) are straigh boddies and short necks, in comparison to the white flairo bottles?

cheers for teh help

Step (el-nombrie)

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
-doin bar flairs for aout 6mths now- just make sure that w3hen u practice- have liquid in yer bottle or else you will be smashin bottles all over the place when you are behind the bar!

fire is the light that shines in all of us. Be sure your light shines brightly wherever you go.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
as the weight difference?

yes i knwo about that i have flaired beofre, i used to do it at work behind the bar in a nightclub i worked in, while i was not busy

i knwo about the weight diffs

i assume taht is what you are talking about>

Step (el-nombrie)

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I know from Sheffield that PyroWIll is getting into Flaring - i dont know if he could be of much help. Or a guy called Edge that is registered on here but doesnt post anymore is pretty good it might be worth tryin to get in touch with him. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thanks vixen

ill look into that

its pretty much like club swingig, so im hoping to get some helpful tips of miss b next time i get to play with her!

Step (el-nombrie)

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
I remember that there was one site that was cheaper than other sites... Don't remember the name though ^_^, but maybe it's in my favourites list at home...
Anyhow, I practise(d... while ago) with a malibu bottle, quite sturdy, never broke . I have to admit, it's not 100% failsafe, but it's way cheaper smile...
And tips... I actually haven't found any decent site, but I've bought a book with some nice moves/sequences... But if anyone could mention a site...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
where did u get the book from/whats it called??

I guess the added bonus is getting to drink the malibu!!!

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Wow, that's quite hard to find... I did a search for you but couldn't find it... But wait, maybe in my email archive somewhere? *searches*
nope... allrighty, I'll have to get back to that... I will post the title tomorrow, and at least one way of getting it...
I swore btw that I got it from www.extremebartending.com or www.barstore.com but no flair books there... [unless there is another copy of the site confused]

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
we hav a guy called marco who comes to spitz learn moves he can use in flare,,, he is awsom, just finished 7th in the british heats ... he uses a mixer (morter and pestall syle) and upto 3 mixing cups... he does all sorts of mad throws combo catches, flips bhb onto elbo catches and so on...

If i see him tonight i will see if he has any more web info...

he did tell me that the contestants in proper flare compertitions are very cadgy as there are cash prizes of £10.000 and that you get marked down if you use other peoples tricks... so being original and inventive is an advantage...

fun fun fun...

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
vixen,

i can show you some tricks if you like the next time i see you.....

https://www.oddballs.co.uk/acatalog/Bartenders_Flair_Supplies.html

bottom of teh page

Step (el-nombrie)

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
yeah, there are some people that can make me really, really jealous... I'm only trying the basic stuff... But, you can admire a video from the breakaway cafe competition in the Netherlands
Breakaway Cafe Video Area
<>>

anyhow, the book is still hard to find.... strange, because it is the only book about flair... anyhow, it's called
"Attractive Bartending" - flair bartending in the picture
by Sam de Bolle ; www.samsgroup.nl
<>>
a quick search on google told me:
eBarSupply

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
I simple must learn how to do that stuff!! love it.

On a side note im having a lil bit of an identity crisis, i keep thinking im Devilstick_Russell!!
EDITED_BY: Ifrit (1101912285)

fire leads to creation

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Me too that is so weird

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
my polish next door neighbour is teaching me..

much fun

i find im much more confident with throws and spins when i know the bottle is almost unbreakable.

Love is the law.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hmmmz, must say that thought makes sence smile... still, when you're actually working in a bar, you will have to deal with glass...

... stopped within one minute...>

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Originally posted by Mech

i did a search

[Old link]

hug

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thank you arsn biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Oow cheers mate!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
there are some nice site on there, some nice vids to get

some blatantly trying to make bar flairing look like the next cky or jack ass, but still nm

Step (el-nombrie)

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i dont think you can get the plastic ones in Australia, but a guy from juggleart(the local circus shop) siad to just wrap a bottle in gaffa so when you do break it it'll implode and be all good, what'd ya think?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
like i have just said in a post, when i spoke to juggle art about flair bottles, tehy told me it was down to the bars in oz wanting to keep flairing in the bars not in the world of teh jugglers.....

you would wrap a bottle in gaffa, but gaffa is not geat as its very slipery when wet

its all good just slipery

you could try filling a small juice bottle with water, and then starting with that...then again they dont have bottles like uk bottles

best thing

go to oddballs.co.uk

look in their flair juggling section and order up a set of bottles and tins, they shoudl get into oz with little problems....

if you need some more help pm me and ill try and help some more, with other websites

or

go here
[Old link]

its anpther bar flair thread on hop, and look at my last post in tehre, three websites for vids and bottles

the bonus about going to oddballs is they do teh sky vodka bottle, and the other type of rum bottle, very nice smile

Step (el-nombrie)

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I used to work in a bar and everyone there was addicted to flairing. we used to fill our bottles with jelly! it means if you break the bottle it doesn't make such a mess - the glass mostly stays stuck to the jelly and you don't get water everywhere....make sure you heat the bottle before you put the hot jelly mix in or it all goes very messy when the bottle cracks!!

If you are using plastic bottle use soda or lemonade..something fizzy, the pressure keeps the bottles firm so they don't go all crappy and bent after a while.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
A quiuck tip the bottle slides better on your hand if its a bit wet smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i do a bit

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
wet your hands or bar flair tongue

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
lol

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
does anyone have or know of where i could download some vids/clips? id love to learn but my funding is a little too tight to fork out for dvds or videos to get ideas from at the moment.

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
i was trying to find a smiliar thing actually today, i used morpheus to download it, if you have a p2p manager like emule search that, in videos type obvious keywords like bar flair etc, i just typed in flair and msot results come up about some stupid wrestler with the same name :P im determined though for this thread to become more active so any tips i could give you im willing to give, ive been professionalyl flairing now for about 7 months and when i mean professionally i jsut mean its my job as i work in a cocktail bar smile

Page: ...