Forums > Social Chat > This is a thread dedicated to Joy and happiness

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Every other thread lately seems to be about being sad or depressed or something bad happening.

WELL I want something happy!

Don't tell me all of you are having utterly craptastic lives! Some of you must be having good things happen. They don't have to be big things, they just need to be things that make you happy or glad to be alive.

This is a thread dedicated to Joy and happiness. SO every time something nice happens come here and post it to share it with others.

Lets spread a little bit of Joy instead of doom and gloom!

ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

So I'll start us off.

Les my nextdoor neighbour has been sick for sometime with a bad case of flu but today he said he was feeling lots better and he looks it too. He had a big smile on his face and pink rosy cheeks.

The little boys next door built a HUGE tower out of lego this morning and dragged me out in my PJ's to see it. It truely was an amazing feat of engineering, but I had to giggle, as they were shouting 'TADA!!' Ben the youngest (only just walking) tripped up and knocked the tower over. They were mad at first but in the end the fell about giggling so all was well ubblol They spent the next hour building it again just so they could knock it down.

I'm in the process of making some shimmery pink voile flag poi. I'm not sure if they will be any good yet but the material sure is pretty. It sparkles as it catches the light. So even if they don't work as flags I'll do something else with the fabric. If they do work out I'll post a pic of them in the gallery.

So come on people share your joy at being alive.

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Last night I went out after a theatre show, I knew most people in it so I decided to rock up at the after party even though I wasn't in the show.

The afterparty turned out to be just around the corner and a bit so I just walked. For some reason, it was one of the best parties I'd been too. At first I thought that I'd just come for 30mins or so just to catch up with my friends in it and congratulate them, and I was there til nearly 6am. There were people of all ages, most of the older men and women I didn't know. But I made friends and I had such a great time. You should have seen me dancing! I even did karaoke for a little bit with one of the girls in the show. I left the party at 5.30am! I had so much fun I want it all to happen again tonight, even though it's Sunday and I have school tomorrow! Oh and I didn't even drink!

I didn't get into trouble with my parents for being so late which is a big thing in itself!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Juggling_Arcsnewbie
23 posts

Posted:
(beautifal music in the other room) meditate

so nice

Juggling_Arcs

If at first you don't succeed, Sky Diving is not for you.

No luck involved it was all skill... or absence there of

WonderlushBRONZE Member
Haven't you heard? I come in six-packs now.
134 posts

Posted:
I played a fun gig last night at this bar and ended up at an after-party at this beautiful house in the hills. There were some really cool musicians there and we drank and jammed 'till 7am. I love that feeling I get when I'm jamming out and completely lost in the moment. smile

If you can talk you can sing / If you can walk you can dance

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I had a successful job interview on Friday and they're drafting me an offer next week.

They're going to let me play with explosives and everything!

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
I had a successful job interview on thursday found out on friday im gunna get the best paid job i ever had and in childcare thats still scraping the bottom of the barrel but im really excited its the part i enjoy most of my job and i cant wait bounce

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

WonderlushBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
I was in a crowded elevator today and a man next to me let out a very loud fart. His face curled with embarassment as this horrified look came across the woman next to him. It was priceless ubblol

satyagrahanewbie
11 posts

Posted:
I'm in love!!!
And we're going out on friday night!
And we're going away in december for 3 days!
And exams are finished!
And I'm completely broke but I don't want anything!!!
And I'm listening to Joni!!!
AND I HAVE 3 MONTHS OF SLOTH COMING UP - NOTHING TO DO TILL MARCH!!!

*falls in an extatic heap on the floor and giggles*

i'm a good kisser, but you're a fast learner...

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
who's joy , and who's happiness? i once had a maid named happiness , she wasnt very happy when she had to do the ironing !

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I've never had a maid.... I'm not very happy when I have to do ironing either, BUT this isn't the place for that. This is the place to stand up and shout Whooooooooooooooooopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in.

Yesterday I went to Cardiff Crimbo shopping and found that David Morgans ( A big dept. store ) was shutting down and having a sale so I got to buy lots of fluorescent fabric paint on the cheap! yay! and a new magnetic poetry set. I got lots more but can't tell you as they are presents for people that might read this. I was a little bit sad at my bargins though because a closing down sale means that lots of people will lose their jobs. I hope they all find new jobs soon.

Last night BristolPoi phoned me to sort out arrangements for the Falmouth meet. YAY!

*whispers* BristolPoi laughs a lot! She is not only a great person for sorting out travel and accommodation for me, but sounds like she is also good fun to be around. I'm really looking forward to this meet. Don't let on I said that though because we don't want her head to swell up and go pop!

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
i've never been so happy as when i'm kidding myself to think i am. theres alot to be said for ignorance. It gets a bad reputation but really its the only wahy forwards, of course if you were on the right path you'd never even read this.

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
After two years of waiting impatiently - last night I finally got to see my favourite band play live bounce bounce2

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Juggling_Arcsnewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Good things come to those who wait and it sounds like you have waited a long time Rouge Dragon.

For me today was great.

1. I woke up and had a very injoyable breakfest with my cool family.

2. My job was easy and non-stressful today.

3. Jugglingjuggle went very well today ( who would have guessed I could juggle ).

4. Music (piano) lessions went well today.

5. After piano lessions I had a wonderful ride home on my uni.

6. Tonight taekwondo class was prett good.

7. Dinner and desert were very yummie ubbrollsmile.

8. I read the peoples good stuff.

So hows that for a good day smile.

Juggling_Arcs

If at first you don't succeed, Sky Diving is not for you.

No luck involved it was all skill... or absence there of

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
The smell of apples.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

WonderlushBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
I woke up with the sun on my face this morning sunny

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Today I'm witnessing the oddest weather. I went outside to spin my lovely new shiny staff (thank you mech!). The sun was shining but it was really cold and windy. The air was so crisp it stung your skin. I had only spun my staff for a couple of minutes when suddenly the sky went black and large hail stones came out of the sky. I ran inside and watched them bounce of the kitchen roof. Minutes later there was a flash of fork lightning hitting the mountain behind us. As the lightning shot out over the sky the hail turned to big floating snow flakes that twirled in the wind. The snow came down only for about 3 minutes and then the sun came out again as bright as it had been in the begining. The whole thing can have only lasted about 10-15 minutes but it was amazing.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
happy thought: miss skulduggery gets to celebrate her birthday early, until england catches up with the HoP server. happy birthday, with lots of extra anti-hatred. heart heart heart

today i whent to dream wizards with me mate and acted geeky. life is good. Call of Cthulhu = \m/(>_<)\m/

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

poi_playerBRONZE Member
121 posts

Posted:
My life actually made a turn for the better the last few days.
First, Saturday night one of the best players on my hockey team said that I'm the most improved player on the team this year biggrin
Next, I'm getting callouses on my fingers from playing guitar! Yay! I'm actually learning to play now and apparently callouses are a good thing. And people here at school are starting to like it when i spin at dances instead of just lookin at me wierd ubbloco

If you're a pyro and you know it, clap your hands!
clap clap

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
*bump bump*

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Today I spent the afternoon with my sister and nieces. My sister has been quite stressed out recently and I've been very worried about her. Today she was like a transformed woman! She was all bouncy and excited to tell me about how she had cycled half way home from work on her unicycle.

She said that she had managed to cycle one bit of the track without falling off for about a mile. It was like watching a child telling you about how they had just had the stabilizers taken off their bike.

It was a joy to see her so happy! biggrin

Page: