Forums > Social Chat > This is a thread dedicated to Joy and happiness

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Every other thread lately seems to be about being sad or depressed or something bad happening.

WELL I want something happy!

Don't tell me all of you are having utterly craptastic lives! Some of you must be having good things happen. They don't have to be big things, they just need to be things that make you happy or glad to be alive.

This is a thread dedicated to Joy and happiness. SO every time something nice happens come here and post it to share it with others.

Lets spread a little bit of Joy instead of doom and gloom!

ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

So I'll start us off.

Les my nextdoor neighbour has been sick for sometime with a bad case of flu but today he said he was feeling lots better and he looks it too. He had a big smile on his face and pink rosy cheeks.

The little boys next door built a HUGE tower out of lego this morning and dragged me out in my PJ's to see it. It truely was an amazing feat of engineering, but I had to giggle, as they were shouting 'TADA!!' Ben the youngest (only just walking) tripped up and knocked the tower over. They were mad at first but in the end the fell about giggling so all was well ubblol They spent the next hour building it again just so they could knock it down.

I'm in the process of making some shimmery pink voile flag poi. I'm not sure if they will be any good yet but the material sure is pretty. It sparkles as it catches the light. So even if they don't work as flags I'll do something else with the fabric. If they do work out I'll post a pic of them in the gallery.

So come on people share your joy at being alive.

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
well, when i get paid next im going to go to the local elccy shop and start getting bits for a set of led poi biggrin

And i got a job. soon to be two!

And i cant wait til wednesday night smile

and my sims had a baby!... umm

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
I am going back to the UK for a week on thursday for a personall mental heatlh holiday from uni.
Get to see familiar sites, all my mates and a special lady all again smile YAY!

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i got an electric shock by putting a knife in the toaster this morning to fish crumpets out
i think everyone else will find that rather joyful ubblol

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Did it make all your hair stand on end? I hope you are ok! hug ubblol hug

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
hehe unfortunatly no, i think that effect would be really cool..
*considers making a new hair product*

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
ooh, like a van der graff, plus hairspray biggrin

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I went to the new forest today, and met many horses. Then I went to a beautiful little village and had a picnic in a bus stop in the rain, and then went to a beach and found loads of shells and bits of frosted glass. And then did some poi. smile

Yesterday I taught my girlfriend the reverse weave successfully after 3 months! And she got weave turns and weave 360s straight away!

I completed my collection of manics songs 3 days ago and that makes me very biggrin

I ate a pizza last night and I may eat another tonight biggrin biggrin biggrin

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i had a bath i feel soft.

also a happy thought: nipples are brilliant.

biggrin

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
I cralwed out from under my hangover!
It is cold outside, but i'm in here, in the warm..with a blanket, and a stuffed polar bear!

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

poi_boySILVER Member
stranger
42 posts

Posted:
im just cooking sothern fried chicken.... the simple things man smile

easy ! ;p every days a festival!

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I am watching father ted and eating a marshmallow/coconut/chocolate snowball thingy. The last one. Mmm.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
It's actually sort of raining here in San Diego.

Hopefully I'll get paid this Friday, after about 4 and a half months of not being paid. (Stupid school system, don't even let me park in the faculty parking lot :P But that's okay! I can live with that hehe

But yay! I might be getting paid finally!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
In little over two months I am embarking on the journey of a lifetime!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

dot.member
64 posts

Posted:
oh, its 8:20 am in poland, i decided to miss 2 lectures (microstructures and human fate philosophy) and now im listening to "the ballad of the broken birdie record" and trying to wake up smileits a little cold here so i must get my clothes on...

oh, and drumming workshops on wednesday, that is something i wait for the whole week ubblove

Down from my ceiling
Drips great noise
It drips on my head through a hole in the roof...

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
My mum being nice just casue i was nice to her brought me two sets of glo poi casue they came in same colour sets and i wanted one blue and one white so she brought me both

ive got an interview on thursday and cant wait i hate being home

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
ubblol At Oli

Oh did someone mention some shimmery pink flags? ubbangel

I'm really happy, had a great night at Guilford last night and learnt a lot.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ok firstly for you to understand how this happened you have to know I'm a foot flusher. That is, I always flush toilets with my foot. I'm not sure why I just have always done it. Well today, for the first time ever, whilst flushing the loo at work I managed to flip my shoe off and have it fall in! It took me ages to fish it out because I was laughing so hard I couldn't coordinate my self into being able to grab it. The woman in the cubical next door asked if I was ok. I couldn't tell her what had happened or it would have been around the factory in seconds flat and I never would hear the end of it. Inbetween laughing fits I told her I was fine.

The rest of the day I kept getting strange looks from everyone and hearing them giggle as I passed. In the end one of the Delivery lads came past me and asked me a question that explained all the giggling and odd looks. The woman had told them all I had be..... hmmmmmmm how do I put this in a PG way??..... I don't think I can so I'll just say she thought I had, had too much pleasure in the loo!

I would have been better off telling her the truth about my shoe !!! ubblol I'm never going to live this one down! ubblol

meghannenthusiast
302 posts

Posted:
thanks for that skull, uve britened my day sounds klike a rite laff, hehe im giggling now,
on tue twas my 17th bday and on sat i had a big fire meet for a celeb, over 23 peeps turned up just to c me, it was so nice!!

ive learned
life is tough... but im tougher

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Hee, I've never met a foot flusher before biggrin I wonder how common a phenomenon it is? For all I know everyone else could be doing it... I'll have a go next time I'm in the loo.

Thanks Skull, put a smile on my face this morning smile

Thoreau

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Skullduggery I am impressed at your flexibilty.

Joy is playing hidey in the dark with my boys. Lots of giggling. ubblol

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
this is a good post for me. i split with my bf who i've been living with for 2 years on fri.

gutted and completely depressed, but i'v been trying to think of all the good things to come out of this (although it's only been 3 days ubbcrying)

1. we are still best friends, i have talked to him every day and it is not too weird and he's a lovely as ever

2. i now have a room all to myself

3. i have to go out and meet people and survive on my own which can't be a bad thing

4. i have discovered how many amazing friends i have and how close my family is

5. he is so much happier - he even looks different, and if he's happy then i am happy.

phew. that was actually incredibly hard. well done me clap

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
clap indeed. Well done you for being positive hug

Thoreau

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
hug Tao Star hug
I'm not sure how common foot flushing is either Nearly_all. I'm sure I can't be the only one.

I started reading THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME by Mark Haddon today in work (it was a slow day) I can't put the thing down. I've read half of it already. It has made me laugh and almost cry. I would recommend it to anyone.

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Someone I never spoke to before just offered to translate my poems into portugese and publish them in Brazil, and wants to become my writing partner. I turned him down (respectfully) because it's not what I want for them, but eee biggrin

Thoreau

515 posts

Posted:
Well ive already said it but..........Im going back home for a week tomorow bounce <------- (prtty much what i look like at the mo)

actually so excited i MAY explode ubbloco

27 hours and counting, im soooo not going to be able to concertrate in my lectures 2mrw morning! LALALALALA HOME!

A week of partying an getting lashed, just what the doctor ordered!

yes sori for the random outburst but i thought this would be the best place for it!

will try an get some internet access while im in Basingstoke but if not i hope everyone has a lovley week and i will be back soon with some more random pointless posts for you all biggrin

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
My girlfriend is going to be with me in this time tomorrow, and it's going to be amazing to just sit in front of the TV with her again.

This morning I was taking a shower and I noticed how beautiful my shower gel smells. I'm learning smile

Thoreau

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
YAY! Happiness in the smaller, simple things in life is GREAT! Sometimes I think the main reason humans are unhappy is because they are always searching for something to want rather than seeing the joy in what they already have.

I hope you have a blindingly fun time My Hairs on Fire! hug

Nearly_all a hug for you too. I hope your Lady has a safe journey and you have a fun weekend!

515 posts

Posted:
thanq very much skulduggery! theres not gonna be anything im gonna let get me down this week, have been looking forward to this scince i moved (witch is kinda bad but ah well).....did i mention YAY! bounce

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Today I went shopping (not great as it was heaving in all the shops I went into) and I managed to get a really good bargin on 4.5 mts of red fleece material. I really was looking for shocking pink, dark blue or purple but at £1.50 per mt on the red I couldn't pass it by. I'm going to use it to make camping blankets so the colour doesn't really matter all that much. I think I'll decorate it and edge it with something to distract your eye from the cherry redness of it! ubblol At least it will be easy to find with a torch in the dark! ubblol

dot.member
64 posts

Posted:
ok, finally, after a long time when i was planning-and-talking-about-it i finally did it:

My friend made me beautiful dreadlocks ubbrollsmile

it took 8 hours of suffering to make them, but it was worth it- they r so beautiful!!!
my younger brother, when he saw me, decided to grow his hair because he wants dreadlocks too wink

and another funny thing: i'm having a family meeting tomorrow- usually they are so boring, but i just cant wait to see all my aunts, uncles and grandparents reactions to my new hairstyle devil

[runs away to find someone with digital camera...time to set off with a gallery smile ]

Down from my ceiling
Drips great noise
It drips on my head through a hole in the roof...

Page: