Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I, in general am someone values truth above all... however...

what do you think of what people tell kids about Santa claus or ... on a less "commercial" note... about fairies, legends etc ... where do lies stop and where is it just awakening someone's imagination ?

I love to hear people's stories. Homeless people especially I often buy them a beer and chat with them. They have all been princes before .. they have amazing stories... mostly false... is that bad ? should I tell them it is not true ?

is every truth to be told ?
is every lie bad ?

I have a few opinions, but would love to hear you all first

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Cool post Sepa!

Perfect example of culture-culture reality clash!

Az abouve, So below...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
DFQ..... I am sooooo eshamed

I remembered seeing a "d" and i thought for some reason it was drome..... i'm sooo sorry, shall i join cass in her suicide endevors?

oi.

and sepa, i love the story you shared at the end ... brilliant! and.. .quite something to think about!

and this may seem odd... but i had a weird expierience a few nights ago... i was out on a floating dock in teh dark, looking at teh lights across the river... and i realized if i coudl just suspend my disbelief, i coudl walk across the water. Unfortunetly, i've been well raised to belive that's impossible, so i didn't try, but it was an odd feeling. makes you wonder sometimes, but then, i'm weird, eh?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
*happy smiles*

I like it when other people like my posts!!

Kyrian, I now what you mean about being way to rational. Knowing that, if you didn't know something wasn't possible, that you'd be able to do it.

I lived in Indonesia for a while when I was younger and things happen there that made me realise that even though I can't see 'through the veil' into the so-called supernatural, so to speak, that it's quite possible that others can.

Can I tell another story?? Puleeeeeze?? This one's real!

It was Idul Fitri, at the end of Ramadan (the muslim fasting month) and my host family took me to visit a couple of muslim villages who hold some very special idul fitri celebrations. We sat around the edge of the village square, while a huge bamboo pole was laid out on the ground. The commentator (there's always a commentator at these things!) invited people from the audience out to look at the pole, to try and lift it and feel how heavy it was. Then some of the strong lads from the village, as well as some of the men from the audience, were invited to line up on either side of the pole, and to pick it up - there were about 10 men holding the pole in total. Then the village Dukun (witchdoctor) came out with a couple of coconuts shells. He lit a small fire in the coconut shell and began an incantation and started dancing around the arena.... and the poles followed him! The men had no control over the pole, it just followed the Dukun around, back and forth, as the Dukun did his dance, dragging the men with it... and yes, I do mean that the men were dragged along the ground, clinging to the pole.

Then the real festivities began. All the young men of the village armed themselves with a type of sharp palm leaf and entered a trance. They were all fully conscious and alert, but felt no pain as they began whipping each other on their bare backs until the blood ran. Then, after they'd done whipping themselves, their wounds were coated with a special type of oil which made them heal almost immediately (though I didn't see that bit!).

It really makes you think about what is reality and what isn't, doesn't it.

I'm a pagan, and there are a lot of pagans out there who have pretty whacky experiences and believe some quite unusual things. On one of the websites I hang around on there was once a lady who had a similar sort of rational / scientific background as me and she asked me privately whether I actually believed what some of the other people on various websites talked about, and whether she was just kidding herself all those times that she cast a spell and it seemed to work. I told her about the experiences in Indonesia (and some others, not so dramatic) that I talked about above and said that I can't believe or disbelieve anything now, I just have an open mind about it all.

But even having an open mind doesn't make me any better as a spell caster! I've pretty much given up!

Oops, another long post!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
but very beautiful Sepa.

I share some components of Wicken belief, and would like to learn more, but i'm a bit of a bastard when it comes to religion. Little bits of everything so far.

I luv ur posts, keep em comin!

KyriBug

(hehe, i like that nickname DFQ)

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
i love thinking about what humans are capable of if they can some how unlock the mysteries of the world.. theres definately more to us then meets the eye.. does anyone ever have deja vu. i do a few times a year. its so trippy. its not like i was in a similer situation once and somthing reminds me of it. my mind knows whats going to happen before it happens. so i have a theory that we all know whats going to happen we have our whole life mapped in our minds. its not just that i know what someones gonna say its my position and everything else. its indescribeable and i feel strange to when it happens .. like im in a trance. it only lasts for about a half minute but during that time i know everything thats gonna happen.

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Just to touch on Sepa's comments in regards to children 'learning to lie':

I saw a doco on human development that showed a test where they'd put a three year old child in a room with a cool train set running and some other toys. They'd make them face a wall with their backs to the toys. They were then told that they weren't allowed to look at or play with the toys and had to face forwards. They were then left alone and watched from a one-way mirror (is that what it's called when you can see them but they just see a mirror??).

Nearly 100% of children at that age would look and/or touch the toys(watching some kids having internal dialogue was very cute and funny). When the adult(s) came back in the room and asked "Did you look?" more than 80% said "No" and lied. I initially thought (having 2 kids myself) I'd like to have kids who would feel they could or would tell the truth, but, as Sepa (and the narrator of this doco) said if they didn't lie there would actually be some questions to ask on how their development was going. It was actually healthier for them to lie than be honest!?

Anyway, I'd forgotten about that until Sepa popped up with similar comments. Most people here have the whole truth/lie factor down pat I can't add anything that hasn't been already said.

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
the government tells lies.- we will not introduce a gst -quote john howard.
the police tells lies.- i shot him becasue i thought he had a gun.
your parents tell you lies. - i love you
welcome to the sic and disurbing truth of the real world cassandra

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
awfully negative fire boy.
you should try to cheer up a lil..

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

Page: