Forums > Social Chat > Calling All Tree Froggies !!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:

poi last reported to have been forcefully thrown 30 feet in the air and made to do tumbles and somersaults whilst in flight, and caught a tree branch way up high and doesnt want to come down...

my poor poi! i have but one. any tree froggies to the rescue?

Wow

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Poor Shibaki, he's another fallen victim to the mushroom season
Non-Https Image Link

/shakes fists in air
damn you khan! daaaaaaaamn you!!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I hate it when that happens.

One of my glowstick poi is currently residing on the top of an incredably thick 20 foot high hedge in a campsite near Chichester.
After a bit of a spin, it was decided that it would be a good idea to throw the poi as high as we could - unfortunately semi drunk people rarely through straight.

It's not all that bad for me, since I was making myself some new glowstick strings anyway, it just means I need another mini karabiner.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

chairmenmeow47member
81 posts

Posted:

-ivy. = ^ )

Ralph, jesus did not have wheels.--sunday school teacher, the simpsons

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I'm a frog ...
I like to climb trees trees...
But I'm only coming to visit you in november ... can you wait ?

shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
geee, i think i've seen this happen before....

my first suggestion is not to throw staffs up to knock the poi down, as the only thing you accomplish is getting the staffs stuck in teh tree too.

*looks around for whiffle squeek*

anyhow, the actual solution wound up being a person on a tall ladder tied to said tree with a really giant hedge-trimmer thing being used to knock the poi down. worked quite well, at that, they even managed to rescue all the staffs...

personally, i've never done anything worse than a hackey sack on a roof....

but it's amusing to see taht the poi in the tree problem happens...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
umph... cassandra, youre going to make me wait until NOVEMBER without coming to my poi rescue??!! (thows on my guilt trip costume)

hmmm... staff throwing! i never thought about that. but its really really high... and right next to my work building... urg. so i think my poor fluffy ball is just hung out to dry, alone, forlorn, destitute, rejected, ostricized... (imperious look at cassandra)

chairmenmeow, your hired

Wow

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
ladder from roof of your work building, then extendable thing such as hedge trimmer, pool cue, whatever?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
it's a shame liam doesn't live over there.
he'd be able to bend down and get it for you no problem.

wherever you go, there you are.

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
get a chainsaw and chop that mean tree down.. that will teach it to steal poi..

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

4,224 posts

Posted:
Shibaki ...argh, now I feel guilty ... I swear I do ..
I am currently committing seppuku in Nix? 's intro thread for mistaking him for lady NYx (at least in my wrong spelling)
as soon as I'm finished, I'll be commiting it again to prove you how sorry I am, Ok ?

OR

if I survive, I can come as planned in november and cook you some yummy crepes , a you wish

Shine on
Cassandra

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
i dunno cassandra, ONLY crepes??? they got to be really really good crepes, but an they come from your fingers, they are sure to be filled with your sunshine no less. any other tree froggies wanna come and have some of cassandras crepes in november??? we got her cooking for us now!!!!!!!!

i would chop the tree down, but... NOOOOO!!!! then i would chop myself down too in shame. i think i have settled on taking the chance of getting my staff stuck in the tree too. but yikes, i dont know anything about throwing a staff 40 feet in the air...

well, i go to work now, so ill do everything short of getting my own self stuck in the tree (dont like heights)

Wow

chairmenmeow47member
81 posts

Posted:
woot woot! i win! what's my pay? please say it's lots of tasty flies!!! tee hee

-ivy. = ^ )

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
how but a light bug chairmen. i have wings and i have been told im quite tasty.

bzzzzZZZZzzz

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

chairmenmeow47member
81 posts

Posted:
mmmmmm, lightbug!

-ivy. = ^ )

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
arrrrgh for the love of Ringo - ya meant to *HUG* trees, not kill'em!
/sobs

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
Shibaki have you tired the jedi knight mind trick yet ???worked pretty damn good for luke when he had that damn bear getting ready to eat him and he used the mind trick to make his light saber come flying to him from being stuck in the snow.. poi light saber not much difference ::: laughs ::::

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

*Anjuli*member
29 posts

Posted:
I'm surprised no-ones thought of calling out some really hot firemen yet. Get a good eye-full and get your poi back. Guarenteed 2-in-1 deal!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Good idea Subs_lil_sis, but, Shibaki is a boy. Check out the COL2 video - xochidance spinning on the beach. That's him. He's a fairly hot guy himself . He don't need no fireman. - could be wrong though. You want some firemen to come rescue you Shibaki?

Shibaki, you pay for my airfare and I'll get your poi back for you. I'm no tree frog though. Just a lowly fraggle. But Dibs says I'm a dragon so I can fly up there and get it back pour vous.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Actually that said I can just fly across the atlantic and get it (being a dragon). My tiny lizadine brain just figured that out.

I'm busy til mid September though. Can you wait that long? I'll be there sooner than my younger sister in November.

Although I have to learn to fly first. Can't even seem to be able to get these wings to beat right now....

Meh

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
got shoes you dont need anymore???

`

i think you can see where this is going `

Currently on the right side up of the world.

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
was Shibaki workin on that headstand poi again?

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
NOOOOO!!!! it erased my post! i thought it processed what i wrote, but i came back 2 hours later and it ate my post!

okay. breathe... again:

so i went to work today, and i glanced up so high at my long lost poi and i wonder where o where are my poi tree froggie angels? and now i see that they are en route, but its a long flight, especially by dragon wing, to rescue my poi...

so i take matters into my own hands... and no ladder... i look around... picnic table, that wont do, building, that wont do, car, nope...

SHOE! you got it Flynt! but, they were shoes i NEEDED! for work! so i take aim, and whack! my SHOE is stuck in the tree...

now im at work, in an office building, with ONE shoe. shoe takes priority in this case. but try as i might, i couldnt get my shoe down with my other one before my break was over... so here i am with one flip flop on, on bare foot on the other, trying to hide. (luckily no one noticed!)

so after work here i am trying to play target practice with my other flop and IT GETS STUCK IN THE TREE!!! i have no shoes! not a big deal for me, cause i dont really wear them, but i like em.

now get this... how do you get a staff stuck in a tree? somehow i did. i went to my car, got my staff, and IT got stuck in the tree. but not before it rescued one shoe! so i used the shoe to rescue the other shoe, and then to rescue my staff. so i broke even on todays adventures. but im still crippled!

seeing my plight, wont cassandra come rescue me, or give cantus an infusion of magic through your unicorn horn so i may reach salvation before september???

otherwise im going to have to call a troop of firewomen! that might just be dangerous

i tried the jedi mind trick to no avail riz...

Wow

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
This is fast becoming the funniest thread ever.

You know what future generations will say don't you:

That Shibaki kid sure could spin but you couldn't trust him with anything smaller than a truck cos gravity didn't like him too much....

Meh

4,224 posts

Posted:
ROFL @ Shibaki.
Wish you'd taken a video of that one
I think *someone* did tell you to NOT try staff, uh ?
Anyway ... would love to help, but that'd have to wait until november, knucklehead Promise millions of crepes though ... only if you make me your mango with sticky rice thing ... hmmmm

by the way Shibaki, Cantus is my brother , say hi to my brother

I'd have to agree with Cantus, Shibaki's a cutie, no need for firemen, he'd only make those firemen look boring

shine on
Cassandra

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
hello brother cantus!

errrmmm... cute? me?

tanks!

Wow

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
tsk tsk, no one pays attention to my advice...

at least you got teh staff back tho!

and rofl about teh shoes, man. i too wish you'd had a video camera!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hello.

Meh

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
on the subject of throwing things around the other day a school i did something really silly i was in drama and i had nothing to do so i decided to make some teprery poi out of my shoe laces and my keys (bad idear) i was spinning them on the stage and let go of one and it got lost on top of the airconditing pipe stupid me. i couldn't get inside when i went home and i had to walk around all day with no shoe lace. arrrggggg

bandaid girl

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
woops.

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
ahhh, thanks to the rain goddess and the wind god, my poi have seen salvation and are reunited once again...

i can die in peace

Wow

Page: