Forums > Social Chat > President of the United States of America is......

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
George W. Bush...........Kerry called and conceded the election. go to msnbc.msn.com for the full story...........sorry everyone

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I hope his trigger finger isn't going to get even more itchy now that he knows he can get away with it.

Slightly better Nov 2nd news; I won $28 on the Melbourne Cup.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Written by: Firepoise

4 more years... and then we have Hillary Clinton in office... that should be interesting

Oh God NOOOO!!!!!

I just know some people are gonna vote for her just because she is a woman and not on the basis of her issues.

Hillary vs. Rudy<---That should be an intersting race ubblol

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
damn - wtf are we gonna do now. Right wing Conservatives are getting in all over the world through manipulation of ignorant minds.

Im seriously disillusioned that the majority of Americans would vote in a president which has proven to be the worst in history.

Saw a show on ABC last night which was about the American Media bias during the war in Iraq and during the ongoing war on terror. Sad Solace.

2012 being the end of the world is beginning to seem a little more realistic.

frown

I feel for the free thinking Americans. We have a similar situation here in Oz and I know how much it hurts.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

This_EnergyBRONZE Member
173 posts

Posted:
edited due to profanity, threats and inflammatory remarks.
EDITED_BY: flash fire (1099542233)

I start it, I end it,
I kill and words will defend it.
Got big plans,
blood stained hands
Wanna put my name on the map.
On my way to save the world.
-Missionary, Operation Ivy

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Written by: heyahoney

opinions are like assholes...every ones got and modt of them stink. I wish all of you understood things better.

If you think about it, It is really all of the previous presidents mistakes that are shoved onto the new president's rien.

I understand things just fine - the most powerful man in the world is a man who the majority of the world doesn't want to see in power.

However, since my opinion probably stinks as far as you're concerned, please enlighten me. Maybe in a different thread though, there's probably one more suited to that kind of discussion lurking around here somewhere.

Maybe the mistakes of the last presidency are shoved onto the new president, but then they get 4 years in office, during which time they can at least attempt to make things better, something I really don't think happened this time.
EDITED_BY: TheBovrilMonkey (1099533815)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

the most powerful man in the world is a man who the majority of the world doesn't want to see in power.

(emphasis mine)

Next time we open up our Presidential elections to the rest of the world, the rest of the world can feel free to contribute.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It's an interesting conundrum and it does challenge the idea of democracy in a global civilization. The United States runs things. A select few get to choose how it runs.

This is not going to be a stable situation in the long term.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
Ok, most of you are going to hate me for this, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say my mind.

A. I am a conservative.
B. I do support Bush
C. I really have to say that I do not appreciate all these flaming remarks about the current president of the United States. If you can't respect the man, at least respect the Office he holds
D. Please refrain from calling him Shrub. That really bothers me, especially considering the fact that my last name happens to also be Bush, yes I am related to our president, and I have been tormented with the nickname of shrub since I was very very very young.

I really don't see where all this complaining is going to get you. Its done, its over with. George W Bush is once again out president. Just deal with it, and vote for a democrat in four years if you dislike the republican ideals so much.

Ok, my rant is over. If anybody wants to say anything to me on this issue, please PM me.

Love and Hugs

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dio

Next time we open up our Presidential elections to the rest of the world, the rest of the world can feel free to contribute.

I feel free to contribute anyway, when the US manages to have no influence on anything outside it's borders, I'll shut up. Just because I'm not an American doesn't mean the election has no bearing on what happens to me in the future.

You see that's the thing that gets to me most - the rest of the world has to sit back and listen to whatever's coming out of Bush's mouth, knowing full well they can do absolutely nothing about it.
At least people in the US have a chance to vote and maybe make a difference.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Vestiamember
47 posts

Posted:
all i have to say is most likely world war 3! or lots more wars to come

~con on war~ wink

~also wanted to vote really bad for kerry~ frown

*Vestia enters the world of poi not knowing what to do*

*smiles and than starting thinking i never know what i'm doing*

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
OK so let me get this right,

From reading this thread, the only American who voted for Bush and openly admitted to it...was related to the guy.

Man, Bush must have a heck of a lot of relatives......

Well, Nepotism really does pay off hey. Well at least you have excellent healthcare and no money worries pity about the rest of the million who don’t.

I was pretty angry last night when I found out. NO offense Americans on this board, but I really hate 52% of your countries population now. However, can't give you too much grief, we here in Australia have a similar situation (Shakes fist at Howard government angry) and I know how much it hurts.

I really think that if the votes are that close, there should be a re-vote UNTIL there is a majority of a majority voted in, that is something like 75-80% people chooses A while the rest chose B.

Anyway, all I know is dark times are a head of this planet, and the lust for oil, power and money sickens me. I am ashamed to be a human.

- it's time to come together people. There’s a lot more of us little guys then those rich big business bas-tards. Stop be oppressed people, wake up. Have you ever wondered what would happen if EVERYONE stopped work for the day?? biggrin Oh I better shut up now, or Big Brother will do me for thinking outside the hive mind - you know anti-terrorism and all that. wink

That's for reading my rant hoppers. Peace out soapbox

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Me and some friends are thinking of escaping to Mongolia. Would any of your care to join us?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
oooh Mongolia, sounds like fun,count me in!

Lets just hope that there isnt a newly found oil feild somwhere there tho.......

Bush and Kerry, both complete idiots, try and pick the better one an we will see?

No matter what they say you will never find an american presidant who will sign the Kyoto treaty anyway, far too greedy and power hungry (could add many more ands but i will just get more annoyed).

Sorry if this has offended anyone.hope all is well,

Ahmet

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ash Blackstar

If you can't respect the man, at least respect the Office he holds

Fair enough, you can support him and I can think you're wrong on many levels - that's a matter of personal opinion and interpretation of the facts that everyone is unfortunately wink entitled to have.
But my problem with a lot of people is this: people say you can't criticism him because he is the President and whomever is president should be respected regardless! (Didn't seem to work so well for Clinton wink ) Why? If I know someone to be a manipulative liar I can say he is regardless of who he is - that's the beauty of a brand of freedom currently under threat. If you don't like the politics displayed in these threads you can avoid them as they're quite clearly labelled. I know there are other Bush supporters who do. I surf political sites a lot and have read quite a few boards that aren't as nice as this one - but it does usually seem to be the Republicans that resort to the most childlike and insulting taunts.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
frown frown just found out

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dom

But my problem with a lot of people is this: people say you can't criticism him because he is the President and whomever is president should be respected regardless!

I have a problem with those peple two. Someone has to earn my respect, they can't just demand it. And demanding it is a sure way to make me lose respect for you.
I have major issues with a teacher at school because of this.

And I would also like to add; whenever I see the title of this thread, I automatically think "The president of the united states of america is....a turkey"! ubblol terribly juvenile of me, but funny none-the-less!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
Written by: Josh

2012 being the end of the world is beginning to seem a little more realistic.

Aaaargh! I'd only just managed to forget about that, those damned mayans!
cheers josh!!!

I only wanted to be 16... and free

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
government by the rich white man, of the rich white man, and for the rich white man.

any bets on who get elected president in 2008 (providing Bush doesn't change the rules and allow himself to run for another term)?

I'll give anyone 3:1 odds that it is Jeb Bush, Georgie's brother, the govenor of Florida.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

poiboy the pyroBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
i think me and my friend might march up to the white house and burn bush to tbhe ground with fire poi

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
That all depends upon the next 4 years, and the policies and propoganda that goes with it. The myth of Al Qaeda can be used for a while yet because fear of what amazing evil could befall all of civilisation can be dragged out for a very long time without anything actually happening. The good vs evil crusade the neocons have organised plays into thier hands for a long time yet.

There won't be organised terrorist attacks in the US or Europe as there is no actual organising group like Al Qaeda - there will be the usual home grown terrorists, some arrests where charges will be quielty dropped (like all the arrests in the US and UK since this phoney war started) and possibly attacks by small, unconnected groups that will use the name of OBL and Al Qaeda in exactly the same was the neo-cons to - to further thier own power, position and grip on people. The illusion continues, the crusade continues.

I don't think Jeb is as electable as George. Hillary C is currently the bookie's favourite, but I don't think America would vote a woman or a Clinton in, let alone both. Gulliani is also riding high if he decides to make that move. Unless they change the constitution, in which case Arnie's going to be a potential! eek

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
Ok, first off, Nepotism has nothing to do with it. I haven't even met him. I happen to be one of the "White Trash" Bush's. No money worries, yeah right. My stepfather, who I love more than I ever have John Bush, has been deployed, and we are fighting to keep food in our mouths. As far as healthcare goes, yeah, its called Tricare, and every active duty family gets it. Be a part of an active duty military family, and you to can get excellent healthcare benefits.

I really do not appreciate that you would insinuate that the only reason I voted for Mr Bush is because I am DISTANTLY related to him. Oh please, I do have a mind of my own, believe it or not, and I do think for myself. Wow what a concept. I don't go spouting of the conservative beliefs of my elders, regardless of what anyone thinks of me. I think out the issues for myself, and then vote according to what I believe is the right thing.

And by all means, go right ahead and criticize his actions, I'll admit, as a military brat, dating a military man, I do not completly agree with his plans. But please stop judging those of us that voted for him. We did what we thought was the right thing, and we will stand by that.

And once more, I do ask that if you have anything to say, tell me in private, especially if you are going to make comments regarding why you think I voted for Bush. I do not appreciate the derogatory remarks that were aimed at me.

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I'd sure as shootin' vote for Hillary, but I don't think the requisite 56 million others would...

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

poiboy the pyroBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
i'd love to come. I'm very interested in mongolia any ways help
my country is about be under complete and uder destruction!!!

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
WOW if i knew this was going to get this big, i would have put it in discussion

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ash Blackstar

. But please stop judging those of us that voted for him. We did what we thought was the right thing, and we will stand by that.

I may not agree with your politics, but certainly have my respect for sticking to your guns, I've spoken to a few people online who apologised for voting for Bush. That makes no sense to me, if they feel the need to say sorry afterwards, they shouldn't have been voting for him in the first place.

On a lighter note...

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
I would of voted for Bush, but I was too late to register in my home state. I did not agree totally with either canidate, but I figured Bush would be a better choice than Kerry. That's how most people I knew thought of it.

My quote from November 2nd Thread:
"It is better to have an evil you know, than an evil you don't know"

On another issue...You don't see Americans getting involved with Austrailian/UK politics do you? So take the hint and be quiet. It is over and done with. Get on with your lives and we will get on with ours.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

515 posts

Posted:
if the UK was to take a hint and be quite the american forces in iraq wouldent have been able to tie there own shoe laces let alone handle any sort of situation that required thought rather then an itchy trigger finger.

The UK is called apon everytime the us has bitten off too much to chew so i dont undertsand why we should be quiet to tell the truth.

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

515 posts

Posted:
again, damn double posts!
EDITED_BY: My hairs on fire (1099585752)

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mistress Aurora

On another issue...You don't see Americans getting involved with Austrailian/UK politics do you? So take the hint and be quiet. It is over and done with. Get on with your lives and we will get on with ours.

Yes, I'll get on with my life, living in a country that's hugely influenced by what your president does.
It strikes me as incredably offensive to be told that it's nothing to do with me, and that I should just shut up - surely you're not so ignorant and small-minded that you think what happens in America has no effect on the rest of the world?

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Written by: My hairs on fire

if the UK was to take a hint and be quite the american forces in iraq wouldent have been able to tie there own shoe laces let alone handle any sort of situation that required thought rather then an itchy trigger finger.

Don't accuse our soldiers of being unintelligent, please. They're not over there because they wanted, they're over there because of duty and orders. Hate the man behind the decision all you want, but for the soldiers, having to listen to that man is the career and way of life they've chosen. Most feel they're doing the right thing over there for the Iraqis (Bush had overwhelming support from the very military you say he's sent over there to die).

Every soldier I've spoken to who's come back from Iraq (I know several) says two things - 1) We're helping rebuild over there and the majority of Iraqis are very glad we came, and 2) The information that's being spewed out by the media is dead wrong - but "GI Joe built a school today" is not as sensational as "GI Joe got blown up by a roadside bomb," so we hear the bad stuff with very little good news.

I say let history judge us, because at least she will be an informed source.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Page: