MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Who knew that cleaning a house could be such a dangerous thing to do...certainly not me ubblol

I have a rent inspection coming up on Thursday so I am in the process of just doing a general tidy up (house isn't that messy but you know how picky rent inspectors can be).

So I am in my spare room just tidying up to spare furniture that I have stored in there when I accidently kick a metal container with my small toe.

It hurt but I thought nothing of it till I walked into my lounge room then remebered I had to put something away in my bedroom so as I turn around I notice these lovely, quite large red spots over the carpet and the tiles.

I remember my toe and look down, sure enough I have sliced my litte toe open and it is bleeding quite profusely (as those horrible stupid smaller cuts do)...

Has anyone else had stupid little accidents like this?

Also does anyone know how to get blood off of carpet?

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Use a bit of red wine... biggrin

hug<~~~ For your toe...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Thanks arsn...ubblol
Will have to get round to that once the blood is out of the carpet...

Toe doesn't hurt actually that's why it surprised me that it was bleeding...

That's it I think I should never house clean again...it's way to dangerous...from someone as clutzy as me...ubblol

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
House cleaning is way too dangerous. It made me have dizzy spells and sight problems the other day.

Too be avoided at all costs. See you tnite Fi hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Salt for the carpet!!!! It absorbs blood...and red wine!
Anyway, yeah i uh....broke my toe...on a tv stand...

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
rent inspector? what the heck is that? confused

sorry about the toe. I have silly accidents like that all the time, so I can sympathize. kiss

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
Yeah i had a silly accident and piece of advice do not slide along the hall way in to the bathroom in bare feet. I did and caught my foot on the griper rod the thing to keep the carpet down and sliced the bottom of my foot open. The trail of blood from upstairs to downstairs for a plaster is still there

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
oooooowwwwwwiieeeeessss....

hands out bandaids

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I agree....owwwww....

I gt the blood out thatnks for the advice guys!

Now I have to figure out how to get my shoe on....lol

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
in my experiance lots of plasters to pad it and very carefully casue it hurts lots

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sakura_moon

Salt for the carpet!!!! It absorbs blood...and red wine!
Anyway, yeah i uh....broke my toe...on a tv stand...

ooh no! not salt! salt makes the stain hold fast! its a common myth, but never put salt on stains because it will only make them more permenant!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

_So_BRONZE Member
Skinny poi maker
313 posts

Posted:
try some water with a lot of salt... I heard it helps...

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
ooh.. not good guys.

OK to get blood out of the carpet:
A fresh blood stain can be removed with a saline solution, made with a teaspoon of salt to half a litre of cold water. Soak off for sponge the stain as quickly as possible.
If the stain has dried, pack it with a paste of Powdered Borax and a little water. Allow to dry and brush off.

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
ouch......

a few ideas
If the blood stain is fesh and it is possible to soak the clothing item then do so immediatly in cold water and the stain will flow out, never use warm or hot as this will set the blodd in the material.

If it is more stubborn blood stain then apply a paste of meat tenderizing crystals and cold water to the area and then leave it forabout an hour and rinse cool water, and you will see the stain just flow away!

hug

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Or use hydrogen peroxide to get blood stains out. We use it at work and it does wonders on clothing and such.

I've never cut myslef so bad when cleaning the house that it was horror movie style. Usually I would just knock stuff over when dusting or hit my toes on the furniture. ubblol

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok. Things I've learned in the medical field.

1) To remove blood:
IMMEDIATELY douse or immerse the area in COLD water (warm water ruptures the red blood cells, causing release of hemoglobin, and that stains everything). Do not use alchohol as this also ruptures red blood cells. Hydrogen peroxide works somewhat on old stains.

2) To remove feces:
IMMEDIATELY treat the area with hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol in large quantities and then launder or shampoo the rug.

3) To remove urine:
Warm water. If on a carpet, use soda-water.

4) For vomit:
Launder clothes ASAP. Dump a thick coating of dry coffee grounds on carpet and then vacuum up. Shampoo up any remaining stains.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Mike, you know some crazy schmou. Fair play.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Hey, when you work in a job like Tiffy or I do, you have to know these things. ;-)

Incidentally, NEVER use bleach on any iron-based stain. It just fixes it in place by oxidizing the iron. So no bleach on blood or rust.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Hey, when you work in a job like Tiffy or I do, you have to know these things. ;-)

hug Yuppers!

And it really helps you at home when something gets soiled with bodily fluids either from man or animal. You sigh in satisfaction knowing "I can get this out of my carpet!" ubblol ubblol ubblol

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

This_EnergyBRONZE Member
173 posts

Posted:
wow.

I start it, I end it,
I kill and words will defend it.
Got big plans,
blood stained hands
Wanna put my name on the map.
On my way to save the world.
-Missionary, Operation Ivy

CaMiLL(e_o)member
88 posts

Posted:
My mum once was doing the cleaning and she jumped off the bed without looking and landed with all her weight on a plug.

She had three holes in her foor and it was stuck there. So scary. She was fine after she's recovered luckily, but too this day it has to be one of the most painful things i've seen.

>>>d(o_0)b<<<

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
CaMiLL(e_o) your post reminds me of what happened to my lil brother once. He was standing n the side of an arm chair and fell off and his foot landed on top of a glass crushing it under his foot. He had to getawhole bunch of stiches and on of the gahses was even to big to be sticthed up.

Peace, Love, Circles

CaMiLL(e_o)member
88 posts

Posted:
oooooooh i bet that killed. You know i've never broken anything except a hairline fracture down my little finger.

*has possibly just cursed herself*

>>>d(o_0)b<<<

_So_BRONZE Member
Skinny poi maker
313 posts

Posted:
If talking about someone else's injuries... My boyfriend and i decided rearrange our appartment a little bit. And we have this veeery old piano, that doesn't even play any more/ So we decided to make a litlle bar of it. So what we needed to do, is displace some parts of it, like keys and strings. So as one part of this work, we had to put the piano down on its back. Well, you can imagine how heavy it is.
So, he was holding the piano by the top, slowly leaing it back. But then, suddenly, something went wrong and this thing started sliding down.
We were trying to hold it, but this thing is terribly heavy, so we just had to jump away to save our feet. But the piano hit his arm so hard, that there appeared a HUGE bleeding graze, and his arm terribly swelled... Lucky he didn brake it... And he's a DJ... he couldnt work for a few days...