Forums > Social Chat > Sexy Spinners Competition?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
It's probably already been brought up but I couldn't find anything on it thru the search so I thought I'd mention it...

Often on the board there's some sort of popular thread relating to how sexy spinning fire is, how you can pick up dates with it, etc etc.... has there ever been any sort of competition (video, photograph or otherwise) between firedancers to see who's the prettiest? Kind of like a beauty pageant, but with our particular variety of fun thrown in All free, and all just for kicks/bragging rights.

Could be fun if it's never been done before, perhaps some time-lapse photo fire art? Or even video, though that would have to have some very specific rules attached to it for decency's sake. Guys or Gals could each compete in their own division... could be a good addition to someone's modeling portfolio too!

OK, so I'm an idea man, but really - Anyone got thoughts on this?

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
or we could skip the whole mr/ms. thing and just nice pictures, the mr/ms. thing wasnt serious. To show the sort of inner beauty that apparently cant be judged, we should probably have a writing element of the competition, to express how you feel about spinning fire. The aim of the beauty pagent being to make poi as an art form beautiful and not have the focus on the physical state of the spinner. I totally support that. Now im getting ethusiastic. *polishes camera lense and brushes up on photography skills*

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
All i'm going to say:

1) If someone does a fire calender, i'll buy one. If i get any nice shots in time, i'll submit them.

2) If there's going to be any kind of poll/contest to pick pix, i would suggest the focus be "artistic fire pictures". Otherwise it will be a short road to hurt feelings and self-consciousness.

3) Thanks so much for the mugshots page, it's great! (Except where it makes me feel like an evil pedophile *snicker*. Whiffle Squeek is SO cute!)

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
i can attest first-hand, pozee has had famously pimp long blond braids, tho i'm not sure what he's got now

if you get this going, part of me's an old art director, you can count me in for a judging panel

this would be a great idea because even though i have a feeling people already have an instinct to take and post up sensual fire pix, it would be great to see the best, at their best, showing their best...and that's the whole wealth of flavors, from darkly, wickedly mysterious to firm, confident, and athletic, to sultry to ecstatically hormonal in love of flame, to meditatively entraced, to brilliant depth, to open, laughing, and communal (ah, remember troupes and groups, not only solo) to...

no reason not to cover both "outer" and "inner beauty" with this, more important to show the fullness of the art, its spirit, and who we are and how we touch with it

would there be a live element, posing in our various cities during say a week, to be shot candids then, or best pix of career, or one deadline for people to prepare whatever, even art shots, or could anything be done globally live? webcams? (not really likely, but we're almost enabled around the world about such channels)...

what ideas about this?

[ 27 July 2002, 09:52: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Check the main page for the official photo competition link, Malcolm was kind enough to set it up for us.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:

thanks JL, warms my heart

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I thought FlashFire was pretty sexy, esp that pic where she just happened to look at the cam/the fetish one.

Pozee is kinda hot too.

Catchya,
Shante

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I really hope a calender goes ahead. From what I've seen so far Dibs is tops for me. I mean wow!!

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay, so A) I have no real preference for the people on this site. So far I think everyone is nice looking. Force me to vote? Ummmm..Maelstrom is yummy, so is Nomad and Cass and NYC and all the ones I have met so far so....okay, I can't choose. In this case I agree with MikeG about what can go wrong with a competition.

B) I wouldn't enter myself. I am not that comfortable with my looks and I was recently told that I am so loved at my studio because I am just too damn cute for words. Cute doesn't translate to sexy.

C) If it makes the contest any easier I say turn the white boxer into BOXER BRIEFS (tighter fit=more view) and I would gladly volunteer to pour on the warm water!

D) The idea of a calendar was brought up years ago, but the fact of the matter is that the criteria would be difficult and Malcolm really hasn't the time...however, give me some time and I bet I can figure out a way to get one done for 2004 (maybe?).

Hey Malcolm, as part of the unofficial "HOP Team" can I take on this as a project?????

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Page: