Forums > Social Discussion > Welcome to the club, where everything is for one night

Login/Join to Participate

_So_BRONZE Member
Skinny poi maker
313 posts

Posted:
It was halloween last saturday, and my friend and I, we were at a nightclub.
it's a very good nightclub - probably the best in Moscow. Well, there she met a guy. They were fooling around, dancing and drinking and enjoying each-other. I must say it was pretty sweet...
Then, the four of us - her, this guy and my bf, we had a breakfast and after that he walked her home.
Now... The thing is, he's not phoning her, not sms'ing her, no nothing...
She's there on ICQ asking me why. I wornrd her about that a long time ago... That this is a nightclub - there are no rooles or farytales here. That if she met someone, it doesnt meen she's gonna marry him or else... But it seems, that she wasnt listening... Yes, thats right - this is the rule - "Welcome to the club, where everything is only for one night - love. smiles, friends"
We party there and then we go back to our lives...
BUT WHY??
Why does my naive friend have to be sad now?
Why does this happen? Aren't we all just human, who deserve honesty?

Mistress_MaledictiHeaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
192 posts

Posted:
Perhaps your friend expects more from people than she actually gets. She might have felt that there was something different and special about this guy but sadly she's mistaken.

Maybe he was on his own and wanted a bit of company for the party.

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"

_So_BRONZE Member
Skinny poi maker
313 posts

Posted:
the worst thing is that this is an absolutely normal situation - it has happened almost to everyone. And they lirn on their mistakes.
What im taking about - is why does this happen - why letting people expext smth, when you dont want them to... Why kissing a girl and taking her phone number, if you actually dont want anything with her...

192 posts

Posted:
Sometimes people think it's expected of them - if you talk to a guy/girl in a club, you're supposed to ask for their number almost like it's rude not to.

The other thing is, maybe he's leaving it a few days before he gets in touch. You know the idea, meet someone at the weekend and leave them waiting until midweek before you call?!

sin

_So_BRONZE Member
Skinny poi maker
313 posts

Posted:
Yeah... maybe you're right.... But i still dont like it! Who would...

192 posts

Posted:
It's not a nice thing to do because you're giving people false hope and expectation by asking for a phone number if you've no intention of using it. I wouldn't do that to someone, it's not in my nature, but there are plenty of people who would. Ratbags!

sin

_So_BRONZE Member
Skinny poi maker
313 posts

Posted:
yeah... bastards....

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
though apparently there are rules for contacting people, like if a guy gets a girls number, dont ring the next day, dont ring more than three times a day in the first 2 weeks or something, so perhaps it's that?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
i frequently lead people on. it's a nasty habit - the only excuse i can think of is that i don't have enough self control until they're not there any more - then i realise that i have a boyfriend.

i'm very bad at saying no, but i'm always honest enough to tell people i'm taken and then if they flirt with me it's their own fault.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

_So_BRONZE Member
Skinny poi maker
313 posts

Posted:
You just described me.... well... almost. I always say that I have a boyfriend first of al... And then its definately their fault