Forums > Videos > HoP/Sphercular/Pip Ball Video

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ok, I watched all my footage on the coach journey back, and it's not too bad at all - but no way did I capture everything there was to see there smile

So I was just wondering - would people like a *big* video of everything that went on?
If so, anyone who filmed stuff, if you want to send me your raw footage - I don't mind having a play with it and making a big video, possibly even a DVD not a flashy-for-retail one - just a fun one to watch on your telly smile

I've just got a new PC and have 400GB of hard-drive space to play with plus a DVD-writer and 40 DVD's - and having watched my new Detours video (www.detoursvideo.com) has just shown me what can be done with at-home studios (although admittedly Elsewhere from Detours is a full-time video production editor ubblol )

I won't even guess at a time frame for this - but the event was just sooooo damn good I feel it can't go undocumented.

This is for all the events that happened around the world by the way - not just the Sheffield one.

Thoughts?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
oh please its only the greatest song in the whole wide world, sadly the whole compression thing to make it internetable doesnt do it justice (nor does my housemates and my drunken singing of it)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
cool

so many of you too. im soo in the wrong country for spinning

Love is the law.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Come over the water then! biggrin

Was a tip top weekend fo sure, thankies Ben for the videomaphone. I remember that song like the call of a thousand poisoned seaguls, slowly dieing. Works surprisingly well tho, well done that man biggrin ubblol

hug2 kiss

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
EEEK!!!!! eek I showed it to my mum before id watched it fully you did have to get me skinning up didn’t you!!!!! redface redface All in all I was very impressed think it captured the weekend nicely cool. Although even my mum commented on the music choice wink.

Nice one Ben very cool
clap clap clap hug hug hug clap clap clap

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Your dancing was very well captured, I'm sure she barely noticed the rolling matt and gear on your knees wink

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
she just looked at me and said ****TOBI******* in a very shocked voice

ps I think the Pink bits were so funny iv never seen any one so camera shy

EDITED_BY: Mint Sauce (1100204149)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thats a nice vid ben

just relised how much of a goon i am

how stupid i look most of thetime, and how much of a poser you are wink

nice to see some mech staffs popping up in a few shits as well wink

cheers ben!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
yeah thse mech staffs are always popping up in a few shits aren't they ubblol

I liked your impression of me Step, except you're far betterer at poi than me ubbangel

kiss

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
mech youve only just realised im a poser? i think your impression of dunc was my favourite bit of the whole video i wish id had my camera on when u where chasing me for your poi o well next time. pm me your address biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiatches and ill send u extended dvd versions in time for xmas

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well now I've seen it (kit sent me it on MSN messenger (I love Broadband smile)), I think it is a good video.

Very good.

Bit short.. wink

But very good.

I love Nix's head popping up and lighting a spliff smile

and when you said :Honestly girls, dont you feel jealous (or words to that effect) were you talking about Vixens...umm..erm.. errrrr.... wink wink cos if you are... then I am also jealous, as so probably are many other men. I want a pair myself. smile

Thank you for making that video.... It really brightened up my day hug

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Fook me - I'm at Mrs Durbs' uni room - Downloaded at 2.4mb/s eek

Nice video Mr Ben - I like the way I'm mostly in it filming the same thing from a different angle... See, if you'd given me your footage could've done some really nice stuff with it.

Progress on mine is ermm slow (surprise!!) - But Olive, I'll be in touch when I have more than 2 minutes to spare wink

*wanders back to bed wink *

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If you're filming the same thing from a different angle Durbs. Does that mean you actually have footage of me spinning? Instead of me being just off camera or with my back turned in the bloody distance...

Or am I going to have to get grumpy with you too?

grr etc

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i really should get around to sending my footage

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i've got a bone to pick wid ya mr.poet. how come i'm not in the credits and yet i walk in front of the camera at least twice during filming? huh? umm

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im not in them either... rolleyes

But im not complaining Dub.

Rub de dub.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
if yer like... suits you sir.... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
lol they arnt credits just messages made eternal the list of hoppers there was stupidly large so rather than doing the usual credit thing i just added a couple of shouts like comments smile im lazy be thankful u got it without having to wait a gagillion years like some ppl *cough*strugz*cough* deal with it ubbloco

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
I resent that remark............. wink

it was only a million years tongue

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ubblol No it only seemed like a million years!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
it only seemd like amillion yr cos stugz was making a vid

Step (el-nombrie)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
my god ben that was awful!(the music)

the weekend looked great.

love

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: bluecat

my god ben that was awful!(the music)

Thanks bluecat - for a second there i thought it was me who had bad tase in music as everyone else doesnt seem to mind that hideous tune (imo wink)

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
rolleyes its the greatest song in the world ull love the dvd when its done itll be full of stuffs like that smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
eek

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ben has a cool taste in music, just look at the two or three tunes he used for the knox doubles vid, two queen songs, and the beverly hills cop song!

BEN YOU ARE BAD ASS MAN!

Step (el-nombrie)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
that wouldhonestly make me not buy it ben.
you'd have to give me a free copy with an alternative soundtrack to make me watch it.

i read all these lovely comments and wanted to go back through the vid but even on silent i could still hear it in my mind....

shame on you mech.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ubblol

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yes, but at least it leaves a lasting memory

what worried me was the ammount of posing to the cammera ben did :S

Step (el-nombrie)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Only cuz this is Durbs' thread... so I know he enjoys such things as tidyness and order... could we put all the video links on the FIRST POST of every video thread? It took me a bit to find it.

Thanks!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
NYC - You ARE a moderator! Accept it! biggrin rolleyes tongue

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Page: