11 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley

[color:blue][B]DGrimm[/B]cool[/color]

darkpyroGOLD Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
I was hoping to find some enthusiasts willing to brave the cold and spin in winter somewhere - I have never networked with other spinners before. I am in the downtown area!

Darkness, Light forever locked in tantric embrace...

darkpyroGOLD Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
Wondering if anyone braves the cold to spin in winter? Calling Calgarians, I hope to network with someone soon. It's not that cold here yet, I am in the downtown area

------------------
Darkness, light in a tantric embrace for all eternity

Darkness, Light forever locked in tantric embrace...

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
Well, depending on how ridiculous the weather is on Sunday, I could be up for spinning. Anyone else?

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Well I'd totally be up for spinning on Sunday, but I think it's time to pull out my 'I'm a brit' excuse...

... it's supposed to be -19 on Sunday!!!
No way am I going out in a park and taking clothes OFF! Not even if I have my snakes to keep me warm! tongue

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

tsoBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Looks like its been a month or so since there's been any activity on this thread, hope you're all still checking!

Well, I'm moving to Calgary officially this week and I'm dying to spin some meteor at some point soon. Ive never spun in the snow and I'm actually a real wuss when it comes to cold so this should be interesting.

Is anyone up for meeting sometime soon?

I have no pics up on this home of poi site, but for some random reason a pic of me spinning got put on the home page for burningman (yay!). If you want to see who I am, check out burningman.com and click on the firespinner pic.

janiceBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Written by: *robyn*

anyone near to victoria over christmas? need a spinning buddy over the holidays

little late but i do live in duncan

in goth we trust

BlayzeSILVER Member
Doesn't play well with others...
187 posts

Posted:
I still check this thread.
tso - we'll have to meet up once you get here. The weather's been really nice and should stay that way for a bit longer.
let us know when you get here!

I smile because I have no idea what is going on...

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
Tso,
I'd love to spin, but my life is kind of crazy at the moment, so just PM me when you get up here, and we'll figure something out. Also, I hate to disappoint you, but we're having the warmest winter EVER, and there's no snow to speak of unless you go to the mountains right now.

Note to DarkPyro - this week sucks for spinning time for me, but I promise I'll get in touch with you next week...

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
I'm up for spinning (unless the temp drops much more). As long as I can drink tea to keep me warm. smile

Mine and Spitfire's lives are also pretty hectic at the moment, and about to get more so when we get our stuff sorted to go snowboarding every weekend.

How about a Sunday night at Riley Park one week when it suits everyone?

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

BlayzeSILVER Member
187 posts

Posted:
Sunday nights are good for me (about the only free time I have).

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Sunday nights are best for us too. smile

And because it gets dark fairly early, we can spin earlier. smile

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
mmmmm, Canada..... Tastes better when covered in snow theough frown *is missing a real winter*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
We're not so much covered in snow in Calgary. It's actually fairly warm here.

I thought you were back in Canada now? confused

Saskeahmember
43 posts

Posted:
I'm from Newfoundland, but I'm spending this summer in Halifax, working at Salty's for my aunt who lives in Middle Sackville.

I actually know no one there, so if people will be around, that would be amazing.

Spinner13SILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
Wow! Do random people meet in Calgary and spin fire? Or do you all know eachother?

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Most of the spinners Mand and I know in Calgary, we met at Riley Park thanks to Blue48.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
If the weather's still this wonderful at the weekend, I think we should all meet up somewhere (Princes Island Park maybe?) and spin some lovely day time toys. weavesmiley juggle

It could always last into the night with fire toys- it still gets dark fairly early.

Come on, what do people think? Lets all go out and play in the glorious sunshine! peace

Saskeahmember
43 posts

Posted:
Mad action out West... is there anyone who spins east of Ontario?? haha!

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
I'm sure there must be, but I don't know of any, sadly frown

Mand - I'd love to come spin, but I'm headed home to Red Deer to see my parents for the weekend. Although, since my wrist is still messed up, I'd probably just come out to do some photography anyways. We need to go spinning soon, though!

If anyone wants to do something non-poi-related next week, let me know. Life is still crazy for me, and I could use a chill out day
smile

BlayzeSILVER Member
187 posts

Posted:
I'm up for a spin this weekend as long as no one laughs at me...it's been so long, I think I forget how!
Blue - I know what you mean about needing achill out day! I totally feel the same way!

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't laugh if I was there, since I still can't do anything behind the back, and Mand and Spitfire spin circles around me even when their fingers are frozen...

As for a chill day - seriously, does anyone want to just hit up a coffee shop or a pub one night next week and swap random stories? cuz that's exactly what I feel like doing. If we haven't spun together before, that's all the more reason to come out. Anyways, post a message if you're interested.

Blayze, you in?

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Oooh, I'm in with that! smile

Hang fire, and I'll send out a pm to people so we don't take up this entire thread with coffee shop/ pub planning.

BlayzeSILVER Member
187 posts

Posted:
I'm up for that!

ZemBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
So I didn't read this whole entire thread, but I noticed a few Calgarians have posted.

I recently moved back to Calgary, and I've been hoping to find others who are into poi and are willing to teach a little and in the future, when I don't suck so terribly, spin together. smile I'm learning very quickly, and I've spent most of my free time trying to improve and learn new tricks, but there's only so much I can learn on my own.

I live in the NE, but I can travel within the city. let me know if you're interested in meeting up.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Written by: Saskeah

Mad action out West... is there anyone who spins east of Ontario?? haha!

Someone who sympathizes with me! THANK GOD! THEY DO EXIST!

I'm in Halifax, and will be for the next year or so, DEFINATELY over the summer, so Saskeah, we're going to be spinning. There's half a dozen spinners I know down here, but we're all friends, so... yeah. Nothing much beyond that though!

Seriously though, if you're at Salty's this summer, we need to have a spin!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Saskeahmember
43 posts

Posted:
A spin or twelve, it's great to hear that I might actually have some kind of new social contact over those three months. Next year I'll be in Ottawa or Montreal or Vancouver for university, but this summer was looking pretty lonely! I'm excited to hear that there's actually a poi community! =)

Spinner13SILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
Damn I should check this thing more often! You guys are on here quite often! I would love to meet new spinners to share ideas, did you guys already go on that chill out night? If your interested you can pm me and i'll figure out how to use that...... msn is easy smile Hopefully I'll hear from all u calgarians!

~J

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
Mand - I haven't gotten a PM from you, and I'm in florida (for work, so it's not actually as fun as it sounds) all next week, so I'm just going to organize something quickly. If no one hates me for using the forum instead of PM-ing 7 people, can you all just quickly tell me if Thursday night at a pub in downtown/Kensington would work for you? I'll PM actual details once I know if anyone's gonna show. Otherwise, I'll try and set something up for the week of Feb 13 - 18.

Zem, Spinner13, DarkPyro, Mand, Spitfire, Tso, Blayze, and anyone else in Calgary - reply as soon as you can!
smile

Thanks!

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Oh censored
Sorry, I completely forgot about sending out that PM. I posted that on the day I was going to kink night, so everything else completely fell out of my brain.

Yes, a drink somewhere on Thursday would be lovely. smile

PhlakkBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
yikes, i cant believe how many people actually spin in calgary and, judging by this thread, it seems to be the freakin' poi capital of canada! smile anywhoo, i would love to meet some other spinners in town (although im about as far in the corner of calgary as physically possible..) so if anyone wants another person so spin with pm me!

ps: go flames!

Page: ......