• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...891011
DGrimm39
Total posts: 11
Posted:weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley

[color:blue][B]DGrimm[/B]cool[/color]

FireNix
FireNix

old hand
Total posts: 904
Posted:Heh peeps
I shall be over in Canada 1-15(ish) of June around Toronto for a street fest and a wee travel - busking tour.
Anyone around that area who wants to hhok-up, can offer me some accomdodation or recomend places to busk, visit?
Its possible I may also be out there middle of July between Toronto and Ottowa for another gig ive been offered in Kingston - im actually looking for some other possibilities - either booked gigs or festivals/events to busk - so any help on that would b great. Then maybe back in Toronto end of August for another gig, before hopefuly heading down to Burning Man.
I have also had a 'bite' from Scallop days Festy in Nova Scotia middle of August - anyone been to that?
If you can offer advice, lifts or some place to stay around any of these places it would be most welcome
Thanks in advance
Peas
Rob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Spinner13
Spinner13

Total posts: 8
Posted:Wow, I haven't been on here in a while. How has everyone been? It's almost the season to spin fire outside! I know it's snowing out right now frown soon though! Phlakk and I are making a point to come out to Juggle Jam in April, so all better come out as well! It should be a good time!

UstuloTerra
stranger

Total posts: 19
Posted:Im coming to toronto In june for a month I hope to be teaching

staff Poi and fire breathing I have 14 years experience ( fire phoenix)

look me up Google Video Ustulo Terra

Im looking for advanced contact students to teach handcuffed fire staff to...possibly even throw Poi

OrangeBobo
OrangeBobo

veteran
Total posts: 1389
Posted: Written by: FireNix

I have also had a 'bite' from Scallop days Festy in Nova Scotia middle of August - anyone been to that?
If you can offer advice, lifts or some place to stay around any of these places it would be most welcome
Thanks in advance
Peas
Rob

Ooooh no! Someone dropped the NS bomb! *dances* Dunno about the Scallop Days Festival - Sounds like something up in Digby *snorts* I'm a city dweller... Buut Halifax has it's International Busker Festival at the beginning of August each year!!! It's a week and a half of international street entertainers with incredibly large ranges of talents. It's definately something worth checking out. Though it's hard-ish to get into the festival to perform, you need to send in an application and a video and pics and whatnot... but here's the website to give you a taste: http://www.buskers.ca/

Have you any questions about good 'ol Nova Scotia, do feel free to PM me and I will do my honest best to help you out smile

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

sassy
sassy

My mother advises not to stand on the dryer whilst drunk
Total posts: 43
Posted:So......um....calgary, its getting quite lovely out....fire?
anyone?

Avz
Total posts: 38
Posted:Hello there, Sassy informs me from my thread that this is the place to be if you want to be swamped by people from Calgary among other areas, I'm planning on heading up that way around Early to mid December if someone would like to show me the sites biggrin

If anyone wants to know what places just check me thread cos I can't be bummed posting it all again tongue

Also anyone that is going to lonely for Christmas and doesn't want to be drop me a line aswell, cos I would feel a bit ordinary just sitting in my hotel room peering into nothingness! :o

Blayze
Blayze

Doesn't play well with others...
Total posts: 187
Posted:Anyone in Calgary up to meeting at Riley this Sunday night...if the rain stops?

I smile because I have no idea what is going on...

sassy
sassy

Posted:Wow, you read my mind. What time were you thinking?

Blayze
Blayze

Doesn't play well with others...
Total posts: 187
Posted:Hmmm...maybe around 8:00?

I smile because I have no idea what is going on...

Mand
Mand

Keeper of the Spitfire
Total posts: 2317
Posted:There's a chance me and Kim might be there, but I'm not going to make any deffinite plans, cos we're so bad at getting out to spinning meets on a sunday!

We actually have a routine that's part of an upcoming show, and we need space that's a bit bigger than our living room to practice it. We have to be at rehearsals at 9.00, but might come to the park to do a quick non-fire practice.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

sassy
sassy

Posted:Post deleted by sassy

firedreamer

Total posts: 4
Posted:This sunday (June 03) a couple of us are meeting at Riley Park...in the SW corner near the kids play ground to spin. @9:30 - dusk. All are welcome!!!

Talos
Talos

Total posts: 2
Posted:Is their anyone in London Ontario that plays with fire poi? or am I the only one? I just got back from Australia and I'm looking for people to spin with. Send me a E-mail if your in the area and what to have fun with POI!!!!

Talos_wolf_spirit@yahoo.ca

sassy
sassy

Posted:curious, does anyone spin, or are there any other spin meets-in calgary-other than on thout holy day of spinning sunday?

Mand
Mand

Keeper of the Spitfire
Posted:Lol I'm not sure.
I was at a spinning thing at the Oolong Tea House the other day, and I heard a few people talking about spinning meets that happen sundays and wednesdays. I'm not sure if the wednesday one is also Riley Park or somewhere else.
If I find out anything, I'll let you know.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Mand
Mand

Keeper of the Spitfire
Posted:If any Calgary folk get this before tonight (Monday), me and a friend are going to Riley Park to spin.
We'll be there from 8.30, so long as it doesn't rain. Come out and play! smile

Spinner13
Spinner13

Posted:Hey Mand how have you and spitfire been doing smile About the Sunday and wednesday meets. If its the same group that I know, yes we all meet those 2 days to spin. Sunday IS at Riley Park but Wednesday is at someones place in his backyard. I've told a few fire spinners from that group about you guys and how amazing you are with fire! If you have facebook or anyone with facebook that's reading this, search the group calgary fire flag ect poi spinners..... we have been keeping in touch regularly in there and I'm sure he'd love to meet you guys. The fire community in Calgary is getting bigger I love this smile There were so many fire spinners Sunday evening smile untill the cops showed up...thankfully that was just a noise disturbance call. Cheers, and hope to spin with you guys sometime soon!

Mand
Mand

Keeper of the Spitfire
Posted: Written by: Spinner13

I've told a few fire spinners from that group about you guys and how amazing you are with fire!

You been telling lies again? wink

Where in calgary do I know you from? What's your proper name?

Spinner13
Spinner13

Posted:It's Jennifer! We spun together at Riley Park a few times last summer. Shawn is my boyfriend, he spun with us too! Also we had that thing at the Shamrock bar. New Zealand Heat or whatever it was called... ringing any bells?

...and those weren't lies! you're a lovely fire spinner.

-Jenn aka Spinner13 smile

Mand
Mand

Keeper of the Spitfire
Posted:Lol, Hi Jen. Yes of course I remember you, I just didn't know your HoP name.

Errrr... thank you redface

SithInHeels

Posted:Moving out Calgary way in a few weeks. Hope to meet some of y'all for a spin!!

iamnickd

Total posts: 13
Posted:I live in Maine at the moment. I'll be spending the rest of the calender year here, at which point I will be moving to Montreal. I'd really like to visit and do some performing, but I don't know a thing about where to perform, or any authorization, e.g. permits, that I may need. I'd also love to meet some fellow cirkus folk in Montreal so that my move won't be so lonely. I spin poi, mostly, but I'm working on some other stuff as well.

djtoxins

Total posts: 10
Posted:HEY!!
hha Im kinda new to this but umm
wondering if theres any poi spinners In edmonton alberta? I know few but id like to meet some new people

BlueHairSarah

Total posts: 17
Posted:edmonton; you have a big street performance festival thing during the summer, don't you? I'd hit that, and just tackle anyone who spins, if they don't live in the area they may know people who do.

SithInHeels

Posted:Well I already posted one warning but I've since found a more elegant way to put it...

Non-Https Image Link

( and spin your poi! )

hagus

Total posts: 1
Posted:Hi I was out at the firespin on the 5th of August. Below is a link to the photos that I took. If anyone is interested you can drop me a line @ mofodatmofoddotcom for the original files.
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z298/hagusmcbagpipes/Riley%20Park%20Firespinning%2005Aug07/

Talon_tigris
Talon_tigris

Total posts: 10
Posted:I just got into Halifax (ok, actually I admit it, I'm living in Dartmouth right now) in the middle of last August. I'm definitely looking for some spinning comrades in the HRM, you in? I'm usually free most weekends. Hell, even today would be good on the harbourside.

People alter their lives by altering their attitudes

OrangeBobo
OrangeBobo

veteran
Total posts: 1389
Posted:Oooohhh the Dirty-D!!! Haha, I lived in Halifax, but I moved for school.. There's not too much of a scene out there anymore, there used to be a small group of us, but people moved away, disappeared, etc... Sad times for sure.

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

SithInHeels

Posted:Still searching for some poi people/meetups in Calgary. Tried Sundays at Reilly park but I always seem to either be working or the weather is a bust.

Mand
Mand

Keeper of the Spitfire
Posted:My fire spinning dies down to zero during the winter.
For practice poi, I'm thinking of hiring a dance studio for an hour a week during the winter, and seeing if anyone else wants to chip in for the cost. It'd be about $5-10 per practice.
My fire troupe hired it out last winter, and it's a great space. It wouldn't happen till after the new year though, cos I'll be in England till then.

Page: 1...891011