Forums > Social Chat > 250,000 people on a beach

Login/Join to Participate

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
Well that was certainly different, frankly I'm amazed that there weren't more serious injuries/deaths.

I think that Brighton Council did very very well since 4 times as many people as the planned for turned up (that's 2 times as many as they thought they could safely handle).

Some sod stole my friends car, she'd only had it for 3 days, GRR!

Just wondering who was where and when really, I heard there were loads of people under the pier?

I saw Dom as I arrived (he was at the rusty pipe thing) but didn't say hello properly, just wandered over and mumbled "nice".

Other than that there where a few spinners near me, a couple of groups I think, I was mostly spinng by myself.

Regardless, I hope everyone had a good time and got back safely.

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
About 15 metres from where I was sitting on Saturday night a girl fell from the street to beach promenade, which is about 15 feet. Lots of police and ambulance crew were about and she was looked after quickly.
However they decided to turn off her life support this afternoon and she died. She a bit younger than myself and my friends, and out for a good time, just like us.

So, bit depressing end to it all really.

[ 17 July 2002, 04:30: Message edited by: Dom ]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
That's terrible, Dom. I know you didn't know her, but still, that has to be hard on you.

"Forever Young," I guess.

One thing I've learned in my journeys is that we are all here but for the grace of G-d.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Dom I am sending you a Hug. How awful for you. I know what that's like, whether you know the person or not it still makes you sad.

From what I heard on the news it sounded pretty scary.

Onelove, Thistlefirepixie

Are we nearly there yet?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Sends Dom **hugs**

Glass

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
250000 people on a beach, 250000 on a beach, take one down pass it ....

Uhh what was this about now?

Whoa shoot, perhaps I should read the whole post before posting my own tid bit, that was insensitive of me sorry if I offended anyone who read it given the sercumstance of the young woman.

[ 17 July 2002, 19:36: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
Dom, there isn't much I can say, I was nearby but probably 200 metres or more away. I hope that this doesn't affect you in a negative way

hadn't heard they'd switched the life support off

Thistle, scary and brilliant at the same time, with some unfortunate occurences as well. Never in my life have I seen that many people in so small an area, I lost some people I was with for over 8 hours.

I can well imagine that for some people it was the most amazing thing they'll ever experience.

For others however I can see a whole bucketfull of unpleasant experiences and emotions.

I took my 16 year old sister with me and at times felt far too aware of they suurounding mayhem, just too many people.

And all the drunken aggessive post club people, they were rather uncalled-for

anyway I'm blathering, bye

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys. Did get me a tad depressed. Maybe I just think a bit too much sometimes.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Dom, damn man... look there wasnt anything you could have done before or after her accident. I know that this is a cold way to look at it, but man no good can come from your dwelling on a situation out of your hands. Don't let it get to you and dont let it get you down.

Go spin some fire with those big azz poi you got! Dude if I am ever over there I would pay you money to let me spin those!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
remember always that the young girl has gone to a place of peace now...Im sending lots of hugs to you Dom for the experience you have had. I hope you feel better soon...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hmmm - heard about this death on our side of the world last night. Was on the news because she was an Australian. She was 25years old, a nurse and about to embark on a Europe backpacking adventure.

Sad.

The footage of the party we saw on the news made the event look like total mayhem. Good ol Fat Boy Slim was looking pretty stressed.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.