Posted:
weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley

[color:blue][B]DGrimm[/B]cool[/color]

BlayzeSILVER Member
Doesn't play well with others...
187 posts

Posted:
I can't make it tonight... frown
Can we still get together the week of Feb 13-18?
I have no plans that week except school on Wednesday night.

Hope you guys have fun tonight! bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

I smile because I have no idea what is going on...

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
Since it was such short notice, only a couple of us are getting together tonight.

As for two weeks from now, let's say we all try again on Thursday, February 16th. Send me a PM if you're interested, and I'll coordinate from there!

:=)

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
Can't say I'm a Flames fan (grew up in Red Deer and went to uni in Edmonton, so you can guess where my allegiance lies), but keep watching the board, and I'm sure we'll hook up for a spin sooner or later!

darkpyroGOLD Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
Rave on the 18, all ages above 13 years old welcome!!!
to raise funds for a good cause, and providing a safe and intense atmosphere for the poi at heart. This rave is mine, it's dedicated to the spinners of Calgary and the world.

All of you are cordially invited. If you need info, PM me!~
----------------------------------------------

Darkness, light in tantric embrace for all eternity...

Darkness, Light forever locked in tantric embrace...

tsoBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Calgariopyros

I'm in for meeting up on the 16th. I'm leaving for Van this week and I'll be back then so that's perfect for me. I live in LoMoRo, near Beano so anywhere downtownish is good.

Tso (navajo for BIG)

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Ok, all the Calgary folks.

So after a conversation with Spitfire tonight, we decided we need a Calgary spinners list, so we can keep in touch with each other, plan spinning times, and maybe meet up for the odd pub night.

Would people be up for this?

We have a huge community of spinners up here, but nobody seems to know each other. We definitely need to rectify that! smile

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Yup...a Calgary spinner's email list would be a good way to keep in touch, plan meet-ups, etc. If there's interest, I can set up an email list pretty quick like.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

BlayzeSILVER Member
Doesn't play well with others...
187 posts

Posted:
I think it's a great idea as well. I'm also thinking that there might be enough of us to have our own "Calgary" thread... biggrin
since we seem to be taking over canada..

I smile because I have no idea what is going on...

Spinner13SILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
Calgary e-mail list sounds good. I would love to get out and spin more often than I do! who's taking all the e-mail addresses? I didn't think it is a smart idea to post such things in a forum. If any one wants to send me their e-mail addys though, pm me and i'll send you my addy and we can all get together and spin smile

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm... we do don't we. Not a bad idea Blayze.

Well I got to see lots of wonderful Calgary spinners last night at The Warehouse, including a lovely guy who lent me some beautiful flags. There really are so many spinners in this city, it's amazing!

Oh, and as this weekend seems unseasonably hot and sunny, Spitfire and I are going to Princes Island Park tomorrow at about 1pm, to spin some toys (and try out my new juggling clubs). If anyone fancies playing in the sunshine, please feel free to come out and join us.
sunny biggrin sunny

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

SpitFireGOLD Member
2,723 posts

Posted:
I was amazed at the number of folks spinning last night!!! The music was good, and lots of folks were taking advantage of Mark EG's tunes. I had as much fun watching others spin as spinning myself. biggrin

SpitFireGOLD Member
2,723 posts

Posted:
OK Calgary spinners:

calgary_poi_toys@yahoogroups.com

I created the Calgary Poi Toy group on yahoo. I'm keeping membership open for now. If need be, I'll tighten things down, but I hope we won't have to....

Come one, come all.

biggrin

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
That would be really useful, so I'm in for sure.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
*makes faces at the crowd of Calgary spinners*

East Coast REPRESENT! ubblol

*runs away*

hug2

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Written by: OrangeBobo

*runs away*

hug2

~ Bobo

Well, at least you know where you should come visit now! tongue

SpitFireGOLD Member
2,723 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mand

*runs away*

hug2

~ Bobo

Yup...what Mand said. tongue tongue tongue

hug hug biggrin hug hug

trollynewbie
4 posts

Posted:
hi, i'm a french guy in NYork actually.
i'll move to montreal in few day, saturday exactlyand i would like to meet spinner to improv my poï level. I ve got a friend who live in montreal and practice poï too. We'll be so happy to mmeet other poeple to share and learn more and more tricks, style and to expand relationship with all poi man arounhd the world that's why i hope to have reply for my request.
I've got another question: Where can we buy combustible to make fire and where can we make fire in montreal. Thanks a lot. See you i hope

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
Hey - this isn't poi-related, but since see all the calgary people haven't yet joined up on the Calgary yahoo group, I'm posting an open invite to grab some hot chocolate at Higher Ground in Kensington anytime after 7pm tonight: https://www.where.ca/calgary/guide_listing~listing_id~1225.htm

I'll be the brown guy with the shaved head reading Alice in Wonderland until people show up...

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Written by: SpitFire

Written by: Mand

*runs away*

hug2

~ Bobo

Yup...what Mand said. tongue tongue tongue

hug hug biggrin hug hug

But it's just *so* far away... Literall! And a helluva lot colder there than it is here, that's for sure! But hopefully for fall 2007 I'll be going to Montreal for Uni, so I'll have a few more poiple there than here! But for now... Yay Halifax! Although... Calgary isn't so far away from good skiing places... Oooh, the temptation! tongue

Actually, you guys should come to the East Coast! Get a different flavour of Canada wink Halifax really *is* a nice city, even if there isn't as much going on here as there is in other cities!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Catherine007newbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hey guys!!! I was wondering if anyone plays poi near Montreal?? I need to practice and learn new tricks... maybe teach you some of mine!! weavesmiley

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I two years, for Uni!

Untill then.....

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

JaMmCaTSILVER Member
15 posts

Posted:
I'm a Torontonian. <3

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Calgary folks- I'll post this to the list too, but the weather's all nice and warm at the moment, I have new fans that need burning, we have lots of new people...... let's get our asses out to the park and play one night!
How's this week?

weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley

Blue48SILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
Thursday's the only day that would work for me in the early evening, but I could do Wednesday after about 9...

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
I'll be a tentative 'yes' for Thursday night.
I'm busy Wednesday night, and all weekend.
Anyone else up for some fire on Thursday night?

Only problem I can see- we were out spinning yesterday, and a lot of the ground is flooded from snowmelt. umm

Spinner13SILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys!
Sorry i haven't been keepin touch, 2 jobs and school is brutal! Thursday I would love to come out! and I'm sure Shawn can make it out too! Where will we be spinning?

~Jennifer~

P.S I had fun at Green fools the other weekend thanks for bringing me out!

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hey Jen.
Glad you had fun at the fools. Kim and I certainly did! devil

The new plan for Thursday is to meet at Riley Park, probably around 8.30. I'm so excited that it's warm enough to spin on an evening at the moment! biggrin

See you (and anyone else that's in Calgary, and would like to join us) on Thursday!

aquafiremember
1 post

Posted:
Hey I just moved to Calgary. I'm a poi spinner from Australia and was hoping someone could enlighten me on the fire scene in this town, is there gatherings? or typical nights of the week at a park to meet for spinning? would love any info

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hi! Welcome to Calgary! wave

We have a Calgary spinning list, but it's still fairly small at the moment. Feel free to join though, as most of our gatherings are posted over this list.
calgary_poi_toys@yahoogroups.com

We usually meet up in Riley Park on Sunday nights (though me and Spitfire are away this weekend). Now that it's getting warmer, there should be more people coming out to join in the fun... oh, and hopefully some drummers soon too. smile

Looking forward to meeting you!

~amanda~

SpitFireGOLD Member
2,723 posts

Posted:
Hi aquafire!

As Mand said, we were out of town this weekend, though Sunday nights at Riley park tends to be the place to meet.

Sometimes, Mand and I head to Prince's Island park during the day to practice spinning, juggle, what have you....just to get out and enjoy the weather. We post that to the list as well.

Looking forward to meeting you!

~SF~

Page: ......