Page:
heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
My old man is in jail, and i really miss a whole lot. And it is really shitty cuz his mom is being bitchy and I just miss him so much, yall kno?
I write him every day, but i am running out of things to says. I kno that sounds all horrible and wotnot, but i am. I love him so much, you kno, I just dont know what to say to him
Part of the problem is I only hang out with like 2 or 3 girls, and all of the rest are guys. And I kno he'd get jealous if all I did was write about hangin with the guys.
So here is my question, Its for guys or gals...WHAT DO I WRITE HIM?? confused confusedI just dont want him jealous or mad. I am confused about what to do
Help Me!!!!!!

Top Three Things I've Learn While Being A Mom
1. Baby poop comes in many colors.
2. Makes sure all dirty diapers are not accessable to my dog.
3. Burp rags are not big enough.

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
That sounds hard.
How long is he in for? How long will you have to wait before you get him back?

Can you just tell him the truth, but just change the names so that he thinks they are girls, or just not mention names at all?

I have written to people in prison, they wern't boyfriends, so I could tell them anything, but it was still hard to find things to say.

You have my sympathy. hug

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Edit - totally misunderstood. Thought you were talking about your Dad!! (what Old Man means to me)

That is hard... just try and focus on things that aren't likely to make him jealous. Talk about how you miss him, about things that are going on in your town that he's missing... give him something as a kind of... fantasy (and I don't mean sexual!) , so he'll look forward to getting out. Give him something to hope for.

It's tough.. hope it's not too tough on you. hug
EDITED_BY: nearly_all_gone (1099082334)

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Sorry, I thought this was a thread on Country Music! wink

Maybe write to him about what you hope for in the future when he's out?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Not had an 'old man' of either sort inside, but some close friends and you gotta be real careful about what you write hun, they read and re-read and re-read everything you write and depending on whether they've had a good or bad day they see what they didn't oughta see in what you say.
Keep it local and family and cosy and stuff, don't make out you're never going out but keep the chat about others really neutral.
It's hard for you, but it's harder for him (taking the boyfriend/partner route here) cos he got nothing but time to dwell on things - and if you're both young and the stretch is long it's even harder for him - all his inmates will be telling him you won't wait...

follow our heart, it often let's us down but usually cos we don't listen to it right

hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
well i know what you should write him.
lets see he isnt trusting?? he wont let you hang out with your guy friends?? his ass is in jail???
how about you write i am leaving you and go to hell wink

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
Written by: native

well i know what you should write him.
lets see he isnt trusting?? he wont let you hang out with your guy friends?? his ass is in jail???
how about you write i am leaving you and go to hell wink

I couldnot ever do that to him...I love him to much for that. He knows all I hang out with is guys, but i just know that it would make hime jealuos. Guys, you think aabout it, if you were in jail and your girl only hangs out with guys, wouldn't you be worried? AN gurls, yall think about it too. WHat if yall were in jail and your man only hung out with chicks? confused
But any ways... thanx for all of the sugeestoions but keep them coming cause i have until November 22 to keep on writing. I kno it may not seem like a long time to some people, but we like, never left each others side( almost, i had to pee sometimes...)
Thanx again ubbrollsmile I did need the help on this.

558 posts

Posted:
Hi
I'm glad to hear it's only till november 22. I'm sure it seems a long time but it could have been a whole lot worse.

If you wanted to get really creative with him you could start writing a story, he gets one episode each letter.
Or you could write one bit and him write the next.

Or you could write/find madly romantic poems for him to tell him how much you love him.
If he knows that you hang out with guys and you were hardly ever apart, then he must have hung out with the guys too, you could get them to write to him too.

come on, chin up. three weeks and counting...

hug

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
That is a good idea...I just might have to do some thing like that. I kno that all of my letters must get boring.. Yall know I love you, blah blah blah blah. All I can say is the same ole shizit and i kno it is boring. But now he will at least get some more interesting ones...thank you all very much

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
tell him about all the crazy people on here biggrin

even better (or maybe not), set up a thread where people that dont know him at all can write a letter to him. either they write the letter in the thread, or you post your/the prison's address, and they mail it direct

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
Ohhh, That really would be a scary thought...

SpAz69newbie
3 posts

Posted:
hay its almost the 22

love to move those lights

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
huh? I klno i have started to tell him about all of the people in here but very slowly, explaining each person the best i can as i go along...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
That should keep you busy for a bit. Is it a bit sad when all my gossip comes from the other side of the world and is more important than what happens in my own town??

Good luck Heya honey. hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
in responce to what you asked if i was in jail would i be jelous... i was in jail i was in jail for over a year in missippi. i wrote only one letter it was to my girlfriend telling her i was breaking up with her because it wasnt fair to her for her to have to stay with a guy who was in jail
and if he was any type of man at all he should have done the same

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Huzza Native! Hardcore dude, and props to ya for taking the hit for her sake.

So then Heyahoney - I grew up in Texas. What jail is he in? One of the big ones or just a city jail?

And just so you all know - in Texas, "old man" has a couple of meanings. It can be your father if you are young, or your husband if you are older. Actually it is pretty rare for a young person to call their boyfriend "old man", but (as you can see) it does happen occasionally.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Mistress_MaledictiHeaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
192 posts

Posted:
Written by: heyahoney

I write him every day, but i am running out of things to says.

Apart from all the usual stuff about what you're doing and who you're doing it with, if you think that's giving him cause for jealousy then don't tell him.

Instead, why not start thinking ahead to when he comes out again? Tell him about what you have planned for the two of you, the places you're planning to go, the things you want to do together and what you've missed doing as a couple because he hasn't been there. Instaed of him worrying about what you're doing now, give him plenty of things to look forward to. It'll make both of you feel much better!

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gnor

That should keep you busy for a bit. Is it a bit sad when all my gossip comes from the other side of the world and is more important than what happens in my own town??

Good luck Heya honey. hug hug hug

It is horrible, cause i do kno more about yall than i do ppl in my own town I only talk to like three or four ppl in this town

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:

in responce to what you asked if i was in jail would i be jelous... i was in jail i was in jail for over a year in missippi. i wrote only one letter it was to my girlfriend telling her i was breaking up with her because it wasnt fair to her for her to have to stay with a guy who was in jail

We are engaged and I would kill him if the did that to me...

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
Sean, my boy friend, is in Polk County Jail. To give an idea of small that is...It only has five booth thingies for visits. I know what u mean though. I am the only eighteen year old i kno that that calls my boyfriend my old man...Then again I live in Hickville, USA... frown

(ps how do you do multiple quotes?

hehe

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Here are some ideas...

-paint/draw him pictures.
-Write him some 'nasty' stories.
-Send him some 'nasty' photos.
-Make him a cake with a hacksaw, crowbar, sledge hammer and jackhammer baked into it!!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Sounds like you're pretty isolated from other people, no wonder it's so hard for you him being away. hug
it's hard being different when you're young, you feel like a freak - it don't get much better when you get older but you just get used to it

Hang on in there - less than 3 weeks to go.... ubbrollsmile

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Polk County! East Texas? hmmm... well at least he isn't in the Huntsville pen! bet the library there is better though...

You've only got 20 more days till he comes home, so I'm sure you can fill up the space till then with the suggestions here. good luck.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
I am going to try thank all of yall for all of yall's help. I appreciate it very very much...

558 posts

Posted:

That was a brave thing to do, Native, and it must have been a very sad thing for you to have to do.

However, many relationships can survive an enforced separation and many women do not mind waiting.

All relationships are different and I don't think it is really fair for you to say someone is not a man because he did not do the same as you did.

Heyahoney, 18 days, that's less than three weeks!
You should start designing the welcome home banner around now.
biggrin

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
Write him a letter for each day. Work ahead if possible. Figure out how long it takes him to get them, and mail them so he gets them on the day listed.

On each one, put the date and "Only [x] days until you get out!"

Then add some story stuff.

The one for the 22nd should say "TODAY'S THE DAY!!!! WHOOHOO!" or equivalent.

Ask him what he wants for Thanksgiving dinner, since he'll be out by then. Try to get it for him. Y'all will have some big thanks to give this year, huh?

Bright blessings and best wishes.

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
Yea I wil have a whole lot to be thankful for this year. I already know what he wants for thanksgiving dinner...Fried Turkey, And all of the rest of the thanksgiving junk. He will also get all of his birthday presents too (his birthday was Ocober 25)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
it'll come back some day - that's karma for ya hug

Euonymous Europeus

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
Guess what (as the saga of Kim's life goes on) He was cheating on me like the whole time that we have been together. And I was all worried about him being in jail and crap. I want to thank all of those who help me through the jail thing, and I just thought yall might want to know That it is over between me and him. All I want to say is thanx and ...nevermind

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hope he wasn't cheating on you while he was in jail!

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
Man, no shizit. i would be really pissed offer than i am now

Page: