Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Can someone give me some pointers on the reverse 5 beat weave???

Login/Join to Participate

DGrimm39newbie
11 posts

Posted:
I need some pointers on the reverse 5 beat weave...ive been trying for a while but i cant get it. confused

[color:blue][B]DGrimm[/B]cool[/color]

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
have ya tried asking durbs? wink

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

DGrimm39newbie
11 posts

Posted:
nope

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
ahhh sorry, i meant [Old link]

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

This_EnergyBRONZE Member
173 posts

Posted:
try this.
do the motion for a forwards 5bt on a side, then stop, and then try to reverse it. thats hwo i learned it. it takes a while like a couple of hours before you get the motion on a side. htne go to the iother side.

I start it, I end it,
I kill and words will defend it.
Got big plans,
blood stained hands
Wanna put my name on the map.
On my way to save the world.
-Missionary, Operation Ivy

DGrimm39newbie
11 posts

Posted:
thanks for the help clap biggrin biggrin

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
So when you are doing the three weave forwards and your left hand is under and outside your right hand. the poi is changing sides with your left hand leading. your left hand leads the poi back under your right hand, it kinda wraps on your wrist. you move both hands, that are still twisted, to teh other side of your body and they untwist. It's like you twist the 3 as far as you can, let it spin oncemore on the same side and then lead with your right hand to the other side of your body. Leading with your right hand that is twisted around your left on the side change is most important.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
Im retarded and very tired oops so in reverse let them spin once more on the right side, it's pretty much gonna wrap on your wrist when you learn. One more huge tip. when you are doing three, you put your arm under and spin once on the other side of your body, When you try five on the left you leave your arm on the top and your right wrist goes over and under and ends up going back over when you switch sides leading with your right hand.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
is it normal to keep clocking yourself square on the top of your skull? rolleyes

i've been doing the 5bt reverse weave for a couple of weeks now and keep whacking myself on the top of my head ubbloco

please tell me this will soon pass....

i feel like i have to lift my arms a bit higher than normal when they're untwisting and moving towards the opposite side of my body. it doesn't feel natural at all and my planes are diabolical.....

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Yes it is reasonably normal smile Try and focus with really making sure you're leading with the right hand properly - i.e. going from left -> right the right hand leads, and you really have to make sure it's almost pulling the left hand across.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

IceAngelSILVER Member
41 posts

Posted:
The way I finally learnt it was by checking out this vid
https://www.domorepoi.com/lessons/weave/5%20beat%20weave.htm
(which is the forward weave but it shows the way the hands work very well)
practicing doing two spins on each side of your body with each hand - which is how it works
and then remembering that in order to do put it all together with the extra beat you need the backs of your hands together.
Not whacking yourself in head just requires timing, in that you need to let 3 beats pass your body on one side and then pull across as the 4th one happens so that it does not whack you in the head- then unwrap.
Hope I helped a bit
IceAngel