Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Intermediate to Advanced Poi Video Tutorials

Login/Join to Participate

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Alright biggrin
After a good bit of time and effort I have finnaly pieced together a full set of free video tutorials, of what I see to be some of the next steps after one has mastered the poi video tutorials provided here at Home of Poi.

There are currently 20 particular moves, variations, and combinations provided. They have thumbnail examples of the execution of the move, text explaining the dynamics and concepts of the move, and larger versions of the video provided for download (also provided in slow motion and occasionally from different angles).

The series is setup in a sequential fashion building on the concepts and principles founded in the tutorials before them. I have also added related categories showing you the move basis involved in the dynamics of each move, as well as a 5 star difficulty ranking scale to display the assumed difficulty of each particular move. I have also indexed all of the quality online tutorial resources available elsewhere on the net, that I am aware of, for poi, staff, equipment development, and fire photography.

Are you interested? You can find them all at https://www.tamingfire.com/tutorials.html
I hope that you find them to be a good resource which explains the moves and concepts in a clear and precise manner. Please let me know what you think and any suggestions you may have as this can assist in perfecting them to be a better instructional tool.
Enjoy,
Leif

What else can I say? TamingFire.Com

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Lookin good biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
nice:) thanks for the effort ! biggrin

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Some great stuff there! Thanks! smile

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

This_EnergyBRONZE Member
173 posts

Posted:
good link!!!!! thanks ive actually leanred something(i think?)

I start it, I end it,
I kill and words will defend it.
Got big plans,
blood stained hands
Wanna put my name on the map.
On my way to save the world.
-Missionary, Operation Ivy

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
nice one cool

it must be green

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
I'm glad to hear that you guys are liking it, a lot of people have been pleased with the tutorials and it has been real affirming that we are working on the right things. We do have some other projects in the oven that we hope to be releasing in the near future.

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
I'm working on some newer tutorials now. Is there anything you guys would like to see come about?