Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The Sunday Sessions - Spinny, Juggly, practise night, Guildford

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Well, in addition to [Old link] there is now going to be a new weekly meeting in Guildford.

Every Sunday, from 2 - 6pm in the Stoke Pub back room.

Happy Thursdays are still going to run and will be the "fire night" or, if it's raining, the "pub night" wink

The Sunday Sessions are more practise orientated- as it's difficult to practise and impossible to teach/learn in the dark and not particularly fun in the rain smile

The plan is to have fairly regular workshops teaching everything from the basics to the not-so-basics - so any volunteer teachers, step forward biggrin

We're looking for as much variety as possible inside, hopefully will get some jugglers (ewwwww wink ), devil-stickers, diaboloists etc. down.

Entrance fee is £3 which covers renting the back-room.

The first one will be Sunday, November the 7th and then hopefully it will be every week. At the moment, I'm thinking this might just be for the Autumn-Winter period, but if it's popular (and the pub are fine with it) it could stay smile

Hope to see some of you there smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ubblol

just for you dude!

kiss

i mean *manlyhandshake*

Step (el-nombrie)

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
Durbs, or any one else that might know, what the best way to get there from egham, as i need spinny people to teach me things with sticks, and would like to come say hi to every one again since i havent seen any one since play.

altho i dont think i can make if for a few weeks

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
From Egham?

Probably driving, but I don't know too much about that sort of thing...

Otherwise, get the train to guildford. exit the station and turn right. go under the subway. keep walking round the big building, until you see the canal. Walk along the canal until you come to a pub called the white house. walk down the narrow road next to it until you get to a carpark and the brittania pub. on the canal side of the car park there is a bridge. Cross it, and look to your right for spinners. biggrin

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I miss you guys!!! Durbs I can't believe I'm hearing you right - no smoking since PLAY?? How come? Fancy a balloon??

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Didn't last past 6 weeks biggrin

Balloon you say?
*inhales - Laughes - feels wierd*
Yay biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
bounce juggle bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce2 bounce ubblol

OK, bringing this thread back from the dead!! a.k.a. Page 6 of Events and Gatherings... Super Sundays at the Stoke are being resumed, as of this Sunday (4/12/05). beerchug

4pm start, so come one, come all. It's going to be a measly 3 pounds a head again for the use of the room. And rumour has it they've even put Christmas decorations up, just for us! wink

hug2

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
sweeet - i remember knocking those decorations down ubblol
will mosey on up for an xmas visit i hope sometime in december!

Nice work on getting the hall back...

Durbin would be proud wink

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
wink i still have some of those decorations wrapped around a stick i think smile

strugz, hate to say it, but the only sunday u have off in december is christmas day smile lol

passing through, this world still lives.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
nice work slopster! wink

i'll bring the uv cannon an toons and let the new recruits know... bounce biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
OOOHHH!!!!

I'll be back around for a short while after christmas...

I'm sure I can make one sunday session at least...

biggrin

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

tom2BRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
hey erm when and where and what times i have been proper busy but should be able to make it should it be on thursdays

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
we pretty much just meet down the pub on thurs now as the weathers so poo. but sundays are really cool an much warmer. i'd forgotten how good that room was... it's got a mirror ball an the decorations are alreay up! biggrin
bounce
it's in the back room of the stoke pub by the car park. the stoke pub is the one by the railway bridge on the way out to guildford college from town. it's really easy to find if you just head out of town from rsvp/ avatar comics/ the road near time nightclub, where north street meets the high street. you can always just gimmie a call if you get lost along the way...

strugz an frodo, we'll be expecting a visit as soon as your ready, would be wicked to see you both! hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
strugz and frodo, can you coincide that visit with my being there, too?

I want contact staff help, And strugz, I think you're the best man for the job... wink

Be Water My Friend.

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I'm so glad things are still ticking along nicely!!!!! Nice work guys!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Long_Time_Coming

I want contact staff help, And strugz, I think you're the best man for the job... wink

from what i hear youve already got the matrix wink

But yeh dude no probs - when are you down?

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
(shameless plug for Burnt Toast workshops cos it's our own thread) while i can't disagree with you in anyway at all there ed, len an myself are quite capable of teaching you some contact as well... tongue

*joins que with ed for strugz inspiration* wink hug

ello lex... wave nice to see you're popping your head in! we've got a replacement strongbow drinker for you lately, but he's a he an nowhere near as pretty or fat so you can still be cider queen when you get back... hug

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Ah...

I'll only be able to make it if it's on New years Day...

Bugger...

Be Water My Friend.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
new years day ubblol

dude - after the gig weve got lined up for new years - i will be nothing but very very very "knackerd" wink on new years day and wont be travelling anywhere!

Besides Dub is right - Len and him can show you some sick contact - but if i know Len, he will be in the same if not worse state than me !

ubblol

Oh and Hi Lexy biggrin

hug

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
7 O'clock kick off this sunday... can't wait! bounce ubbrollsmile

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... Is there a sunday session lanned for New years day? or will the Stoke be unavailable?

Some contact Trickswapping (both ball and Stick) would be Fantastic with Len and Dub...

Be Water My Friend.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
wicked night last night... good to see david and ant again, and everybody else that turned up! biggrin

unfortunately it looks like we're gonna have to take a bit of a break for the next 3 weeks over the festive period as the room's booked up the week before xmas, then we've got christmas day and new years eve... frown

but we'll definately be back the week after to bring in the new year Burnt Toast styliee!! bounce ubbloco

in the meantime we'll still be meeting for socials on thursday an i'll be heading up to spitz every tuesday if anyone wants to tag along... weavesmiley

either way take care of yourselves till next time! ubbrollsmile

grouphug

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
Woooooo!!! Sundays at the Stoke rock!!! bounce bounce2 bounce2

Hmm, a spinning session on New Years day does sound rather optimistic!! ubbloco Can you not make any other sunday's Ed?? You must be in some kind of rush to get back to Hull...!? ubblol

Chris: do you fancy a fire session this Sunday instead, seeing as we're missing out tonight too?

Hey Lex! How u doing???? When are ya coming back to us!!???? hug

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
I'm still in Cyprus on Sunday. Come to Spitz on Tues instead... wink

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
Wicked, forgot you were doing that. Hope all goes well!! cool You might even get paid for this one...! wink

Always tempted to come to Spitz, but it seems like such a mission from Guildford!!! Hmmm....

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
rubbish, you can get a direct train to london through (or from) woking. then district and circle to bank an one stop to liverpool st. easy peasy. cometospitzcometospitzcometospitz.... wink

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
Hahahaha! OK, I promise I will get off my lazy ass in the new year and come. tongue But can't make tonight..

Should be around on Thurs for a Christmas spin if you guys fancy it! We could even break the new Thursday mould and spin some fire, rather than play poker, for a change!! wink

PS. Great work on downloading the Burnt Toast email -- I couldn't get it to work... redface

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
A fire session on a sunday, you say? Sounds like a plan...

Are thursdays still happening? Next thursday, to be precise... wink

Be Water My Friend.

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
any one know what the train to get from egham to there is, as i cant be arsed to work it out, also i know i shouldnt ask this, but what they like on checking the tickets :P as i dont like to have to pay, especially to play

Kyle Mclean-
A) it does feel as good

tozGOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
Ed: Would definitely be up for a spin this Sunday, but it all kinda depends where I find myself waking up on new years day...! Have u still got our numbers?? Probably best to sort it out on Sunday!

Lavatwilight: LOL! we haven't actually got a bouncer working the door as such... ubblol It's more of a pint glass that people toss a few quid into on their way out. You have a point: paying to play with ur own toys sucks, but then we're pretty grateful to have our own part of the pub; where we can plug in a UV cannon; and use their sound system to put on whatever brand of filthy music tickles our fancy. biggrin

The first Sunday back in the pub should be the 8th: hope you can make it! cool

Happy New Years people! hug

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
no i am really happy toplay for the place dont get me wrong, i mean the train, there from egham, playing with people i am very very happy to pay for!!!!

gettting there, im not so happy about!!

Kyle Mclean-
A) it does feel as good

Page: ...