shivasironsSILVER Member
stranger
15 posts

Posted:
I was just about to post my videos of the double staff weaves and stuff...and then I recieved my copy of COL 5....and the dude spinning double staff poi style does what I was talking about in my previous posts so well...anyway...check out the last clip on COL 5...cool stuff...if you use shorter doubles and grip the doubles closer to wick and spin the doubles as if they were poi...most of the poi moves translate really well to double staff...check out the behind the back weave I thought that looked great with doubles...it is hard to use the "poi style" grip on fire....easy to burn hands....any suggestions???

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
kevar gloves?ive done staff for abit an dhave just started to pick up poi and ive try mixing the two up abit a found that it rocks
at the mo im trying two use the style of the rubber heart duo mixed with contact and v.fast spining but its not quite there yet
anyhoo good luck post a vid.
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Aerotech Staffs.

ubblove

:drool:

smile

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Most of the poi stuff can be done with a centre grip and a bit of contortion, I think, with a bit of practise. The end grip is good for getting the feel of moves, but then you can *mostly* move back to centre grip. There's a few moves (e.g. 3 beat weave) where to do it you have to either open your hands so the back ends of the staffs can pass between them or do half of the move with one hand locked behind the other staff, so it's a translation rather than an exact copy of the move, but hey, it's a different toy...

If you're going to hold the ends you might as well do clubswinging or something silly biggrin biggrin biggrin

monkeys ate my brain

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Can you explain more clearly what the poi stuff with staff was? That was my video you're talking about, or rather, I was in it and know all the other spinners in it. Dave was the staff spinner in the video, what poi stuff was he doing? I'll ask him about it.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Way to let the Cat out of the Bag... That was a double Staff Secret, Not so much now ah... hahahaha ubblol
O-well just like poi, many more moves will come of this. I remember when a lot of pro fire dancers looked down upon HOP when it first was set up, but a lot of new moves, styles and Safety have come up because of it. So I guess with a little info, a lot can come back. wink

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!