Forums > Social Chat > movie::"Behind the Sun"

Login/Join to Participate

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
Quick movie review::

Behind the Sun is set in 1910 South America (brazil?), family of sugar cane processors. life sucks. they're in a feud with another family over land,honor, dead brothers. A medieval circus comes to the village for a few days, the two brothers (young and old) are enchanted by the female half of the circus (2 person fire circus). There is a fire breathing, eating,club swinging then mega poi (simple) sets by the girl (Clara). The fire sets are a pretty minor part of the movie, clara does a very good job though demonstrating her skills. The wicks she uses are huge, the looked about the size of soccer balls, i mean huge! overall, good movie, worth seeing in the theater/matinee. Drama. Oh, it's in portugese with english subtitles.

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
hehehe, awesome, its so great to actually see that stuff in the movies, i plan on going and finding it...

i personally think some artist should add a spinning sequence in a music video, that would be awesome...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
i saw some spinning briefly in a brittney spears video. looked like staff. o what was it.. where she's in the red pvc? why can't i think of the song...

o yeah, i saw some firebreathing in the outkast video for "the whole world..."

i once met a guy on the pier that claimed to firebreathe in aerosmith's "jaded" video...

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
I nominate this move to be entered into "the firedancers bible"

You should all go and see it, NOW!

Great all round movie, id rate it a 9.5, but i could be biast cause i like foreign movies smile The fire was cool, (shot in 2000?) i wonder how awsome she is now... The only thing i didnt like was the breathing. The depth of the story is awsome, so is the symbolism.

Anyone else like it?

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
There is some film clip out at the moment that has about 30 seconds of this chick singing in a park with fire twirlers behind her with staff.
i'll try watch rage and video hits type shows to see if i can find it again.

Do we sleep when we die?

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
the clip is by Tina Cousins called wonderful or something like wonderful life.

Do we sleep when we die?