Page: ...
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Election day in the US.

7 days.

Like it or not.

Storm's a comin'. Get ready for a lawsuit filled election won by Mr. Bush. Hey, don't blame me, most of you all aren't voting against him.

That's my prediction, you heard it here first.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I fail to see what is good about a unified america.

I think the most horrible things in american history came from unity. The patriot act, the mcarthy trials, the witch hunts, concentration camps for asians in ww2. Canada's worst moments happened with a unified, scared, reactionist population aswell.

I think america will be united soon enough. So will everyone who doesn't like america. All it takes is a handful of people to walk into malls and start spraying bullets and america will be very united. Canada will probably back them, especially if we are attacked (which I think we most certainly will be, as we are nothing more then americas puppet)

the UK will change their position pretty dramaticly when people start dieing there, so will all the western world powers. Bush is pressureing japan to drop the article in their constitution that prohibits them from forming a proper offensive army and using it in an offensive manner.

Their is more then enough oil in the world for the world to operate, but not with it's current unstopabble momentum towards decadent consumerism. China is slowly evolveing into more and more of a 1st world nation, consumeing more and more resources. Oil can only be pumped so fast. Fresh water can only reach so many people. Things will get desperate. If you thought 9/11 had a disgusting and dramatic effect on people world wide, it's only the start.

9/11 has proven you can convince intelligent logical people to do stupid, illogical things. 1984 is a scary book and the more I look around the more it's becomeing a reality. The next generation of reactionist policy makeing is going ot be backed by a united people as much as the last generation. The patriot act is just a sample of things to come.

The greatest area of research in the US military isn't makeing better, more sophisticated weapons, it's makeing cheaper, more economical weapons. Future missle technology will be increadibly simple and economic, with valveless jet engines that people can build with crude tools and materials without a great deal of understanding or skill. There is a guy in new zealand who is makeing some of the most outstanding examples of this technology. As of now anyone who wants to look on his website can easily build weapons greater then saddams scud's at a far cheaper cost.

So far the only thing that really makes people not like the war in iraq is the cost and the loss of coalition soldiers lives.

The cost will be reduced, and people will cease to care about soldiers lives when they are made to believe it is a justifible sacrifice to save their own lives or the lives of those they care about.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I get to sleep with NYC? *wagging tail*

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!!

wink

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Written by: ...Lightning...

wink

Can Dio come? Tiffy gave me the hall pass. biggrin

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
also lightning on your list of predictions you forgot a rebirth of the death penalty

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Written by: ...Lightning...

wink

umm Down boy.

He's mine ubblove

As to the politics - I find the most disturbing thing about Bush's reelection the article (that Faberge posted a link to) claiming that most people who voted for him believe that many of his policies and actions are quite the opposite to reality.
Are these people in denial?
Have they been brainwashed in some sinister B-movie scenario?
Are they happy to form a decision on who becomes president based on rumour and supposition?
I wonder how they will react if they are ever disillusioned of their misconceptions.

The other sentiment that distresses me is the one that holds Bush up for praise precisely because of his stupidity.
The fact that he is a twit of the highest order seems to endear him to people by making them feel like he is 'one of them'.
Frankly, I would like the person running my country to be honest, intelligent and articulate. I would think these would be far more desirable traits than electing someone that you thought you could have a natter down the pub with.

Bush is barely able to string together a coherent sentence, even with a team of word-smiths in his ear.
Blair is barely any better.

Minor rant over.
Sorry if it is a bit incoherent - I haven't had any tea yet.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Bush is barely able to string together a coherent sentence, even with a team of word-smiths in his ear.
Blair is barely any better.

The thing is, that's not true. He's not speaking to you, his words are perfect for his target audience and he's got really good speach writers. Usually a politician has to go down the middle to keep everyone happy. Bush and the neo cons played it the other way - they aimed at the far right knowing that once they captured thier vote with a few issues like the evils of gays, communists, terrorist and abortionists and they'd have an ultra loyal group of supporters they just had to get to the ballots.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
which makes it far funnier that he still comes across as such a stupid person - when even your speechwriters and autocues cant stop you from making an idiot of yourself!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Luckily, I'm already spoken for but maybe the rest of the Americans could use this Canadian site to save themselves.

https://www.marryanamerican.ca/

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
NYC, I'll be your emergency backup in case Lightning can't get to town fast enough. And I'd be happy to act as Coach for the party...

But seriously, being gay ONLY keeps you out of the army if you want to be in. Some people tried that right before Iraq, and were told they'd serve their tour there and THEN be dishonorably discharged.

Bush gets things as right as he does because of the signal box on his back. He still gets some wrong because he's not so good at repeating words in the right order. Also because mangling the English language is "part of his charm," which shows how stupid and anti-intellectual his supporters are, pace any here.

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
heh do you really believe that was a "signal box"

Don't you think they could hide such a thing better? He could have had a .44 magnum concealed in that suit and you would never notice it in the videos. It was a tucker in his suit. He may not have had a "wire" but it's highly unlikely and laughable that people think a bulge on someones back is a freakin radio.

But if believing ridicilous things is convinient go ahead.

456 posts

Posted:
Tell us, Astar, what YOU think it was.

And btw the Death Penalty is alive and well in the USA, unfortunately.

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Dom's right. The issues that the GOP brought to this election were moral issues and the war on terror.

The Democrats brought the war on terror, the environment, the economy, the national debt, civil rights, and healthcare.

Seems like a significant portion of the U.S. isn't interested in the latter group.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Written by: Astar

heh do you really believe that was a "signal box"

Don't you think they could hide such a thing better? He could have had a .44 magnum concealed in that suit and you would never notice it in the videos. It was a tucker in his suit. He may not have had a "wire" but it's highly unlikely and laughable that people think a bulge on someones back is a freakin radio.

But if believing ridicilous things is convinient go ahead.

sorry for being rational.

456 posts

Posted:
No, I just didn't recognize the word 'tucker'. What does that mean? A fold or something?

I'm not being sarcastic. I honestly don't know what that is. I thought it meant "something tucked into his suit," which doesn't answer the question of what it was.

And there's no need to be sarky with ME. These people cheat in every way possible, every single time. As a friend of mine said, "I deeply resent the way this administration makes me feel like a nutbar conspiracy theorist."

456 posts

Posted:
Lightning, that might have been just it. Too many issues confused the feebleminded. And if you can't get the feebleminded vote, you can't win.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
it's been said before that Bush appeals to the less intelligent, and kerry was in fact too intellectual for the masses. I can vouch for this talking to some people after the debates who think Bush didn't get SPANKED in all of them.

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

Luckily, I'm already spoken for but maybe the rest of the Americans could use this Canadian site to save themselves.

https://www.marryanamerican.ca/

I like this guy best...

Written by: www.marryanamerican.ca

#821: Rick, from Mississauga: I have a 2 room Igloo.

That seriously just made my day!!! *uncontrollable fit of laughter*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I would quite like to stay in an igloo. Do you have his number?

smile

Getting to the other side smile

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
That is HOT.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

456 posts

Posted:
Quote:Last night, I watched the returns come in with some friends here in Los Angeles. As the night progressed, people began to talk half-seriously about secession, a red state / blue state split. The reasoning was this: We in blue states produce the vast majority of the wealth in this country and pay the most taxes, and you in the red states receive the majority of the money from those taxes while complaining about ‘em. We in the blue states are the only ones who’ve been attacked by foreign terrorists, yet you in the red states are gung ho to fight a war in our name. We in the blue states produce the entertainment that you consume so greedily each day, while you in the red states show open disdain for us and our values. Blue state civilians are the actual victims and targets of the war on terror, while red state civilians are the ones standing behind us and yelling “Oh, yeah!? Bring it on!”

--From Adam Felber's "Concession Speech"

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
its funny how everyone is jokeing about a secession. are we just jokeing? hello btw everyone havent been on in a while^^

i just wanted to to post this in case it hasnt been done yet. sorry dont have time to go through this thread. anyways. not like its a big suprise but the BS starts to float to the surface already >:/

https://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041105/ap_on_el_pr/voting_problems

https://www.livejournal.com/users/terminaldogma/455532.html

https://www.azinfoline.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=5180

im so disappointed ;; and once again the democrats just roll over.

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Written by: shadow steppin

https://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041105/ap_on_el_pr/voting_problems

Link #1:
"there were no signs of other errors in Ohio's electronic machines... Franklin is the only Ohio county to use Danaher Controls Inc.'s ELECTronic 1242, an older-style touchscreen voting system."

Sounds like some small errors that were a) caught as early as possible, b) addressed as best they could be, and c) had no effect on the outcome of the election.

Link #2:
"the official votes very likely includes absentee ballots, of which I heard (although I can't back up at the moment) that there were a large number for Florida, on the order of 1 million +. Voter turnout would likely just be the actual number of people who showed up at polling places on election day."

Livejournal hardly counts as objective factual journalism. This one self-debunked.

Link #3:
"You must already have registered for an account before you can log in.
"

I can't tell if you're saying the election was rigged, or that those who say so are making inaccurate statements. As far as I have seen among the various news sources, this election was carried out in a very effective manner that leaves little doubt as to the validity of the results. Not being Pro-Bush or Pro-Kerry here (independent voter), just saying I haven't found much to convince me there's a conspiracy afoot - just lots of opinions, theory, and idealogy. smile

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

1,148 posts

Posted:
not my words, but relvant all the same.. Hows that for links that work eh..

Written by:

This election had nothing to do with values or a poorly run Kerry campaign. The Democrats were victims of massive voter fraud via electronic voting machines and other methods. The exit polls weren’t wrong. Right now the GAO, House Democrats, Black Box Voting and even Ralph Nader are investigating. Please forward these links to the media, family and friends. Don't give up the fight.

1. States using e-voting gave Bush mysterious 5% advantage

www.newstarget.com/002076.html

2.Electronic voting in Ohio gave bush thousands of extra votes

story.news.yahoo.com/news

3. Ohio officials block public from observing vote count

www.enquirer.com/editions/.../11/05/loc_warrenvote05.html

4. Voting machines in Florida count backward

www.palmbeachpost.com/politic...ntent/news/epaper/2004/11/05/a29a_BROWVOTE_1105.html

5. Bizarre Florida results, county by county

ustogether.org/Florida_Election.htm

6. Black Box Voting declares fraud via electronic voting machines

www.blackboxvoting.org/

7. Exit polls data: accurate except in counties using electronic voting machines

img103.exs.cx/img103/4526/exit_poll.gif

8. Did Kerry concede too soon?

www.freepress.org/columns/d...ay/3/2004/981

9. Why Kerry really won, by Greg Palast, contributing editor to Harper's and the BBC, and author of "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy.”

www.tompaine.com/articles/kerry_won_.php

10. Was the Ohio election honest and fair?

www.accuracy.org/press_rel...s/PR110304.htm

11. Why the election was stolen, by Mark Crispin Miller, media critic, professor of communications at New York University, and author, most recently, of "Cruel and Unusual: Bush/Cheney's New World Order." (from Salon.com)

First of all, this election was definitely rigged. I have no doubt about it. It's a statistical impossibility that Bush got 8 million more votes than he got last time. In 2000, he got 15 million votes from right-wing Christians, and there are approximately 19 million of them in the country. They were eager to get the other 4 million. That was pretty much Karl Rove's strategy to get Bush elected.

But given Bush's low popularity ratings and the enormous number of new voters -- who skewed Democratic -- there is no way in the world that Bush got 8 million more votes this time. I think it had a lot to do with the electronic voting machines. Those machines are completely untrustworthy, and that's why the Republicans use them. Then there's the fact that the immediate claim of Ohio was not contested by the news media -- when Andrew Card came out and claimed the state, not only were the votes in Ohio not counted, they weren't even all cast.

I would have to hear a much stronger argument for the authenticity, or I should say the veracity, of this popular vote for Bush before I'm willing to believe it. If someone can prove to me that it happened, that Bush somehow pulled 8 million magic votes out of a hat, OK, I'll accept it. I'm an independent, not a Democrat, and I'm not living in denial.

And that's not even talking about Florida, which is about as Democratic a state as Guatemala used to be. The news media is obliged to make the Republicans account for all these votes, and account for the way they were counted. Simply to embrace this result as definitive is irrational. But there is every reason to question it ... I find it beyond belief that the press in this formerly democratic country would not have made the integrity of the electoral system a front page, top-of-the-line story for the last three years. I worked and worked and worked to get that story into the media, and no one touched it until your guy did.

I actually got invited to a Kerry fundraiser so I could talk to him about it. I raised the issue directly with him and with Teresa. Teresa was really indignant and really concerned, but Kerry just looked down at me -- he's about 9 feet tall -- and I could tell it just didn't register. It set off all his conspiracy-theory alarms and he just wasn't listening.

Talk to anyone from a real democracy -- from Canada or any European country or India. They are staggered to discover that 80 percent of our touch-screen electronic voting machines have no paper trail and are manufactured by companies owned by Bush Republicans. But there is very little sense of outrage here. Americans for a host of reasons have become alienated from the spirit of the Bill of Rights and that should not be tolerated.

EDITED_BY: musashii (1100120643)

Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

filthy 23BRONZE Member
136 posts

Posted:
I just saw the CNN news reporting the vote discrepancies as being "Conspiracy Theories by suspicious minds" ! fnord!

I AM working.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Oh god... it's not entirely unexpected... but what can be done?!

Can you guys hold rallies or protests? What about lodging an official complaint with the police (I know it sounds irrelevant, but maybe if enough people lodge complaints they will have to investigate?)

It is not too late to save this... do something now America and make sure your vote is counted!!

1,148 posts

Posted:
oi, see my previous post about activist groups in each city for voter fraud, it's there if enough people get involved.

Ars Pyronomica

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
oops... sorrys... so are people getting involved?

1,148 posts

Posted:
they are in Seattle, there were protests last weekend, but they were more anti war than protesting the elections, but there are more events planned.

Ars Pyronomica

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dio

Written by: shadow steppin

Link #1:
"there were no signs of other errors in Ohio's electronic machines... Franklin is the only Ohio county to use Danaher Controls Inc.'s ELECTronic 1242, an older-style touchscreen voting system."

Sounds like some small errors that were a) caught as early as possible, b) addressed as best they could be, and c) had no effect on the outcome of the election.

Link #2:
"the official votes very likely includes absentee ballots, of which I heard (although I can't back up at the moment) that there were a large number for Florida, on the order of 1 million +. Voter turnout would likely just be the actual number of people who showed up at polling places on election day."

Livejournal hardly counts as objective factual journalism. This one self-debunked.

Link #3:
"You must already have registered for an account before you can log in.
"

I can't tell if you're saying the election was rigged, or that those who say so are making inaccurate statements. As far as I have seen among the various news sources, this election was carried out in a very effective manner that leaves little doubt as to the validity of the results. Not being Pro-Bush or Pro-Kerry here (independent voter), just saying I haven't found much to convince me there's a conspiracy afoot - just lots of opinions, theory, and idealogy. smile

i realize that those were not the most credible sources however it was only a few days after the election and speculation was starting. this is not a common thing in my country but has been brought up in both elections now with george bush. if that wasnt convinceing enough check out this stuff. theres is no doubt in my mind there is schemeing going on but your free to think what you want.

* Election
EVIDENCE OF MASSIVE VOTE FRAUD BEINGS TO EMERGE
Discovered errors that resulted in incorrect votes all favor Bush. Many of them were on Diebold or ES&S machines, two companies that have contributed heavily to the Bush campaign.

1) FLORIDA: Dozens of counties where Democrats significantly outnumber Republicans saw 200% to 712% increase in Republican votes, 40% to 80% decrease in Democrat votes.

See this chart...
https://ustogether.org/Florida_Election.htm
...and this graph...
https://www.rubberbug.com/temp/Florida2004chart.htm
taking note counties like Calhoun, Dixie, Franklin, Hamilton, Liberty
(data from official state vote results, registration records)

OR Read an analysis of these numbers and how easy it is to hack the counting computers:
https://www.ilcaonline.org/modules.php?op=m...order=0&thold=0

OR Watch a video showing how it's done:
https://www.votergate.tv/

2) FLORIDA: In at least 12 counties, votes for president outnumbered total voters. Visit this site which is tracking stories from around the country, complete with data charts:
https://ideamouth.com/voterfraud.htm
(skip the confusing graphs, just read the stories and links)

3) FLORIDA: Political science grad students observers report widespread election fraud, disenfranchisement

https://www.thepatriotfacts.org/reprints/04fl_witnesses.html
(ThePatriotFacts)

4) Palm Beach Co., FL: 88,000 more presidential votes than voters

https://www.washingtondispatch.com/spectrum...ves/000715.html
(Washington Dispatch)

5) Gahanna, OH: 4,258 e-votes for Bush from only 638 voters

https://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/05/...s.ap/index.html
(CNN)

6) Warren, OH: Ballots counted without observers, behind closed doors. Officials cite fear of "terrorism"

https://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/11/0...rrenvote05.html
(Cincinnati Enquirer)

7) Parma, OH: 94% turnout, but 40% don't vote for president

https://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/boe/results/h..._GE_Canvass.TXT
(County records chart - big file)

8) NORTH CAROLINA: 4,530 e-votes permanently lost

https://www.thepatriotfacts.org/reprints/ap041104.html
(Charlotte Observer)

9) Sharon, PA: 51,818 ballots cast but only 47,768 recorded for president

https://www.vindy.com/basic/news/288078640794824.php
(The Vindicator)

10) Graph shows exit-polling inaccurate only in e-voting areas

https://img103.exs.cx/img103/4526/exit_poll.gif

11) Details of Freedom of Information requests for computer vote-count records

https://blackboxvoting.org/
(BlackBoxVoting.org)

12) House members demand GAO investigation

https://www.wired.com/news/evote/0,2645,656...tw=wn_tophead_2
(Wired)

13) Analysis of how "spoiled" ballots helped sway the election

https://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article7221.htm
(Greg Palast)

14) Analysis of how "spoiled" ballots helped sway the election

https://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article7221.htm
(Greg Palast)

* Pre-Election
IS THE FIX IN?
Who gets to vote with Florida's missing 58,000 absentee ballots (which officials can't void or keep track of) and the 76,000 that have been resent? What are Republican plans for the secret list of 1,886 black voters leaked from Bush campaign HQ in FL?

1) 58,000 absentee ballots "missing" in Florida
https://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apu...entee%20Ballots
(AP)

2) 76,000 absentee ballots being resent
https://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/n...10032170.htm?1c
(Knight-Ridder)

3) The list: "The only possible reason why they would keep such a thing is to challenge voters on election day."
https://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=385&row=0
(BBC/Greg Palast)

4) "My fear is that this outdated provision in Florida may not be properly applied and [will] prevent legal voters from voting."
https://www.accuracy.org/press_releases/PR102704.htm
(Institute for Public Accuracy)

* Corruption * EXPOSÉ
COINCIDENCE? REPUBLICAN REP WHO WON UNLIKELY LANDSLIDES USED TO HEAD MAJOR E-VOTING COMPANY
Nebraska Republican Chuck Hagel headed ES&S (supplier of half the voting machines in the US) before going into politics and winning by unheard-of margins on ES&S machines with no paper trail (the only kind used in Nebraska).
https://www.commondreams.org/views03/0131-01.htm
(CommonDreams)

* More Hagel investigation:
https://www.thehill.com/news/012903/hagel.aspx
(The Hill)

there hows that?

sorry bout the long post ubbrollsmile

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
No probs, thanks for the info...

Would you consider writing it up a little bit and emailing it to all your local and national newspapers, and ask for a confirmation of receipt and/or reply?!

If they don't get back to you, phone them. Ask to speak to the editor (always helps if you have their name first), and if you can't speak to them, ask to speak to the chief news reporter... don't tell the person who answers the phone exactly what you want until you're speaking to the right person.

The more people who pester their local press with facts the more chance it has of getting printed.

I know it seems like a lot of work... but it's the only way to get things done.

Good luck

hug

Page: ...